Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
This is why paternity tests should be automatic and mandatory. I don't see a reason why asking for either would be a dealbreaker, no matter who asks. Statistics and observation of every day life tells all that people in general cannot be trusted. The amount of cheating that goes on, coupled with most making complete mockery of marriage vows, make it all a necessity. And then you have your "progressive" sources that favor cheating and stepping out on your husband/wife in the media. Upside to infidelity? Sure thing, according to Hanna Rosin (shocker)

Marital infidelity: Can cheating on your spouse save your marriage?

How about logging on to TAM coping with infidelity forums and reading thousands of stories of those who claimed full trust, yet found out their husband/wife was banging 6 people since the day they were married. Oddly enough, the ratio of wives cheating in that forum is substantialy higher than the opposite. Coincidence? Doubt it.
I don't let other people's relationships dictate the trust and love I have for my husband. I don't need to read stories of the wrongdoings of others because they don't affect me. I trust my husband and he trusts me. Our relationship is between the two of us. Two of my friends recently found out that their husbands were/are cheating on them. Am I now going to search my husband's texts, emails, etc. and look for signs of his infidelity? No. Because I trust him. HE is my husband - not anyone else. If you know that it is impossible for you to trust someone else - then that's on you.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
And don't tell you SO about it! When she comes to you with the great news that she is preganant, you can ask her with a straight face, who the father is.... That's how you play your hand right
See - this is the kind of attitude I don't understand. If you are incapable of trusting women - why would you ever have a relationship with one of them? Trust is a two way street. If you don't trust her - then she shouldn't trust you either. Yet, when she expressed that she didn't trust you - you blamed it on her. It doesn't make sense to me.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

59 posts, read 76,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But seriously - if you don't trust the person you are with - you shouldn't be having children with them. And if you are unable to trust anyone because of things that have happened to other people - you shouldn't be in a relationship at all. If you are going to demand a paternity test even though you have a loving and trusting relationship - be prepared to no longer have a loving and trusting relationship. Just like a wife demanding her husband take an STD test out of the blue should be prepared to no longer have a loving and trusting relationship.
I suppose I need scientific evidence to believe something. The days when you could simply trust someone's word are long gone.

I might also ask my mother what she thinks about this.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkY91 View Post
Babies never have any similarities with their parents at birth. That's all in the parents head.
Sometimes.

I've seen kids that are the spitting images of one parent though, sometimes even as babies.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
That's a very questionable criteria though.
Not hard for all reading to see what's really "questionable" here.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I suppose I need scientific evidence to believe something. The days when you could simply trust someone's word are long gone.

I might also ask my mother what she thinks about this.
It's not just about trusting someone's word. I trust my husband because he is deserving of my trust. He feels the same about me. All of our words, actions, feelings, etc. have led us to this place.

I find it curious that you are doubting your mother's fidelity when it was your father that appears to have been the untrustworthy one. That's really odd.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 AM

59 posts, read 76,040 times
Quote:
I find it curious that you are doubting your mother's fidelity when it was your father that appears to have been the untrustworthy one. That's really odd.
I'm not questioning anything myself. I'm questioning if he questioned himself about it at the time. Obviously none of it would matter now after so many years but I'm just curious.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
It's not just about trusting someone's word. I trust my husband because he is deserving of my trust. He feels the same about me. All of our words, actions, feelings, etc. have led us to this place.

I don't think it's worth your energy or time Dewdrop, some folks are just beyond help

Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
See - this is the kind of attitude I don't understand. If you are incapable of trusting women - why would you ever have a relationship with one of them? Trust is a two way street. If you don't trust her - then she shouldn't trust you either. Yet, when she expressed that she didn't trust you - you blamed it on her. It doesn't make sense to me.
Im simply smart and experienced. There is nothing more to it.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times
I guess Ascension can't keep his women satisfied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting