Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,633,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What does government or society gain by mandatory testing? Absolutely nothing, it would actually hurt government and in turn society.

Wanting the government to step in and do something for you just because you're too scared to have a difficult conversation with your spouse is being a weak ass male. If this is an issue to you, deal with it and don't ask government to coddle you because you're scared.
I think you are a woman, by your response. You don know that women have their court-orders and DNA testing covered by the state if they want to name the father? And then if the father is confirmed, the state forces the father to pay for the DNA procedure. In case if he isn't the father, woman still doesn't pay for the court costs.
In case if an alleged father challenges it via court, he covers all the expenses. This kind of law is just one of the many laws with deliberate ways to give all options to the woman and block the other side from as many options as possible, numerous countries even prohibit paternity testing, legal or illegal, or they limit is incredibly severely to a point where it's impossible to challenge it ... since court still orders child support to be paid in the mean time and there's no legal procedure to retrieve the money back. This law was lobbied by "gender equality" organizations, making such organizations absurd. They also tried to ban or severely limit "liberal" paternity testing laws in the United States, and they also successfully blocked and shamed any legislator who tried to put mandatory paternity testing or any paternity testing law that is in any way more liberal than the current one.

I think the bold clause is thus discredited already, without making analogies with other things that would be like poking you right in the eye regarding numerous laws that actively enforce certain things through legislation, whether the couples and the taxpayers in general demand/want it or not.

By the way - "what does the society gain". You also asked this in time when healthcare system and numerous physicians and health-care workers actively track your genealogy and will routinely ask it from you... same experts that will be forced to go along with the lie if they discover the paternity fraud, because the law mandates it from them.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,234,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
See - this is the kind of attitude I don't understand. If you are incapable of trusting women - why would you ever have a relationship with one of them?
Didn't you get the memo? Vaginas need life support systems.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,760,351 times
Maybe you were never born. You just think you have been. Get real.

Do you always think you are on the .01% low end of the distribution of everything?

Some of us believe we are on the 99.09 (high) end.

Furthermore, I don't care who the biological father(s) of my kids is (are). My ex and I raised them and we still co-operate when it comes to their well-being. They know who their mom and dad are (for better or worse).

Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,819,901 times
I don't see mandatory testing happening any time soon.

1) You'd have privacy rights opponents because the DNA tests could be used for other reasons (especially from the Right considering it would probably be rolled into the Affordable Health Care Act).
2) Insurance isn't going to pay for it. It costs $400-$2000 for an accredited lab to test. Insurance companies have been trying to make cuts to all medical bills for decades. Can't see them adding on something that doesn't add to the bottom line or save them money down the line.

If you want a paternity test, do it. You have a right to know. But don't be surprised if you deeply offend the mother of your child and don't be surprised if she decides your lack of trust is worth a divorce and instead of getting to be a full time dad, you are a half time dad. Trust is a big part of a relationship... without it, the relationship is build on shaky ground.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Maybe you were never born. You just think you have been. Get real.

Do you always think you are on the .01% low end of the distribution of everything?

Some of us believe we are on the 99.09 (high) end.

Furthermore, I don't care who the biological father(s) of my kids is (are). My ex and I raised them and we still co-operate when it comes to their well-being. They know who their mom and dad are (for better or worse).
That's your thing.
Anyways, just google the million-dollar lawsuits due to baby switch itself. Just a link of numerous examples:

Washingtonpost.com: Mother of Switched Baby Sues for $31M

It seems that it does matter when it involves the "mother" and the multi-million dollar lawsuit is perfectly legal response for a "mistake", be it an accident or not.

And to answer this post in specific to jillabean. No, mandatory testing will never happen because organizations such as NOW actively lobby against it and they lobby to even further restrict or outright ban paternity testing by anyone else other than the mother - when the mother wants child support payments. And in that case - the state should fund the testing, as it is the case already.

Argument about usage to deny you the right to obtain insurance is already regulated by other laws so there is no worry about it. It's just an excuse since the law has never been applied against insurance companies, but it has been used against fathers who tested their children "illegally".
Just to make sure that the laws are deliberately written in such way to deny the alleged fathers any option to get samples without incredible and public legal procedure, just look at the new laws regarding obligatory sampling at birth - which is the right that only the mother has... regardless if the couple is already married and thus the father is automatically placed on birth certificate without any questions asked.

I know for one that Virginia is one of those states that implements this law, I've also posted numerous links about it in previous threads when I elaborated it. I've pointed out the legislation concerning Virginia (and Richmond, as a consequence), and here's one of the articles that will further explain it, just in case you happen to be "unaware" of it:

Mothers Can Get Baby DNA Samples - Government - Centreville, VA Patch

It isn't really hard to notice that this practice is applied in numerous states and soon enough every state will have the identical law... and there is no mistake that any "accidental" wording that explicitly continues current practice is DELIBERATE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean
If you want a paternity test, do it. You have a right to know. But don't be surprised if you deeply offend the mother of your child and don't be surprised if she decides your lack of trust is worth a divorce and instead of getting to be a full time dad,...
This is exactly why the anonymous testing is on the rise and this is exactly why the whole battle to stop it. You just confirm it, again and again. The point is to stop paternity testing and it is so blatant and deliberate that it's really ridiculous to argue it anymore.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,096,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I think you are a woman, by your response. You don know that women have their court-orders and DNA testing covered by the state if they want to name the father? And then if the father is confirmed, the state forces the father to pay for the DNA procedure. In case if he isn't the father, woman still doesn't pay for the court costs.
42 yo man. Yes, I know. Not relevant to the discussion. This would just increase divorce of couples that are together, potentially causing the State to pick up some benefits for the single mother. There is a decent chance the biological father wouldn't be financially contributing. Nothing to be gained by the State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
In case if an alleged father challenges it via court, he covers all the expenses. This kind of law is just one of the many laws with deliberate ways to give all options to the woman and block the other side from as many options as possible, numerous countries even prohibit paternity testing, legal or illegal, or they limit is incredibly severely to a point where it's impossible to challenge it ... since court still orders child support to be paid in the mean time and there's no legal procedure to retrieve the money back. This law was lobbied by "gender equality" organizations, making such organizations absurd. They also tried to ban or severely limit "liberal" paternity testing laws in the United States, and they also successfully blocked and shamed any legislator who tried to put mandatory paternity testing or any paternity testing law that is in any way more liberal than the current one.

I think the bold clause is thus discredited already, without making analogies with other things that would be like poking you right in the eye regarding numerous laws that actively enforce certain things through legislation, whether the couples and the taxpayers in general demand/want it or not.

By the way - "what does the society gain". You also asked this in time when healthcare system and numerous physicians and health-care workers actively track your genealogy and will routinely ask it from you... same experts that will be forced to go along with the lie if they discover the paternity fraud, because the law mandates it from them.
Your missing that the request is the starting of mandatory testing by the state at every birth. Not how it works under the status quo. How does the state benefit by this change?

Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,169,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I don't see mandatory testing happening any time soon.

1) You'd have privacy rights opponents because the DNA tests could be used for other reasons (especially from the Right considering it would probably be rolled into the Affordable Health Care Act).
2) Insurance isn't going to pay for it. It costs $400-$2000 for an accredited lab to test. Insurance companies have been trying to make cuts to all medical bills for decades. Can't see them adding on something that doesn't add to the bottom line or save them money down the line.

If you want a paternity test, do it. You have a right to know. But don't be surprised if you deeply offend the mother of your child and don't be surprised if she decides your lack of trust is worth a divorce and instead of getting to be a full time dad, you are a half time dad. Trust is a big part of a relationship... without it, the relationship is build on shaky ground.
Why would a woman be "offended" about a man wanting to know 100%, that a child is his? I know most women is this country live in a fanstay disney world, were its all about love, and trust and white knights. But in the real world, they are women who lie, cheat, and are devious. I don't put flawed behavior past ANYBODY.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,096,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Why would a woman be "offended" about a man wanting to know 100%, that a child is his? I know most women is this country live in a fanstay disney world, were its all about love, and trust and white knights. But in the real world, they are women who lie, cheat, and are devious. I don't put flawed behavior past ANYBODY.

You don't think people would be offended when you question their faithfulness?

Seriously?

I know I am. I've been questioned on it and convinced people I didn't cheat (when I didn't). You know what happens next? I end the relationship because they didn't trust me.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
42 yo man. Yes, I know. Not relevant to the discussion. This would just increase divorce of couples that are together, potentially causing the State to pick up some benefits for the single mother. There is a decent chance the biological father wouldn't be financially contributing. Nothing to be gained by the State.

Your missing that the request is the starting of mandatory testing by the state at every birth. Not how it works under the status quo. How does the state benefit by this change?
"In child's best interest" is to know their medical history. For their physical health. Also, it's in child's best emotional interest is to know who the biological parents are. If you aren't aware of it, numerous countries and states either already implemented the "anonymous childbirth" or they don't bother pursuing mothers who leave their children anonymously. Numerous countries in Europe have even made a special place for the mohers to leave their children already and those children will never know who their parents are, causing them emotional distress throughout their whole lives.

Like I said, laws are made "in mother's best interest" and even in child custody the laws are basically about mother's interest. How come that the child's interest is about mother's convenience? I.e. that it's the child's best interest to have the mother diminish the role of the other parent or to effectively make it either difficult or impossible - because mother's interest it to move away or to not bother with visitation terms. Unfortunately children are just used as excuse way too often - all the laws are deliberately written in mother's best interest and for mother's convenience. Not for the society - society never started treating women as adults and it goes way out of its way with numerous laws already. This will take a long way until it gets fixed, if it ever gets fixed.

Other words - interest of society shouldn't be about interest of the mother and disregarding everything and everyone else.

Last edited by nald; 11-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: added bold part

Old 11-13-2013, 01:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,228,738 times
So - all of the men on here that believe in mandatory paternity testing and that it's not offensive to tell your wife that you need to have one - have you gotten been tested against your father's DNA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting