Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times

Advertisements

This looks like such fun. We used to do similar things with stuffed animals.

While Their Kids Sleep, These parents Pull Of This Amazing Stunt... - Misc - quickmeme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 04:32 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
It is a cute idea, but then I see the messes the dinosaurs "make" and then I wonder who has the time to make these messes and clean up after them (I doubt the parents are telling the kids to clean up the messes their dinosaurs made, that would be cruel). Its the same with that Elf on the Shelf (same idea with the toy coming to life at night). I saw one on Pinterest the other day where the Elf was trying to make pancakes, so the children woke up with broken eggs, a whole box of pancake mix and a bottle of syrup all spilled onto the kitchen floor. Maybe I'm a horrible person, but all I could think when I saw the picture was how aweful all that syrup is going to be to clean up.

I just think there are better ways to help a child's imagination grow without making these big mess, or by wasting all that food.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,566 times
I think this would have made me scared to go to sleep at night.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,120,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
I think this would have made me scared to go to sleep at night.
I'm not doing anything that might keep my son's eyes open any longer than they normally are!!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:21 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
The only thing I managed to "pull off" on my kids was telling them that I had a third eye that I'd put in their rooms to keep an eye on them....Sometimes if they did wrong, and I called them on it they'd ask "how did you know"?...I'd say "What???? you forgot about my third eye?"...worked pretty well for a number of years.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

While Their Kids Sleep, These parents Pull Of This Amazing Stunt... - Misc - quickmeme
I think it is awesome, and my kids would have had no problem helping clean up after their toys.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:55 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,042 times
Quote:

What's so "amazing" about it? Parents acting like idiots, wasting food and making a huge mess. How much "imagination" could this have possibly taken?!??! I'm sure the kids know the dinos didn't do any of this.

They talk about iPads, etc.... okay, if you're worried about your child lacking imagination because of our electronic society, then buy them Lego sets or art sets or cameras & scrapbooking items to create memories. Take them to museums, parks, or a walk around town. Buy them (gasp!) books! Set aside 2 hours each day with absolutely NO electronics --- no phones, no iPads, no computers, no television ---- and have them read, write, draw, create.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:03 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:

How did they manage not to wake up their kids with all of their laughing? I would have died laughing while creating these scenarios. Awesome parents. Lucky kids.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
What's so "amazing" about it? Parents acting like idiots, wasting food and making a huge mess. How much "imagination" could this have possibly taken?!??! I'm sure the kids know the dinos didn't do any of this.

They talk about iPads, etc.... okay, if you're worried about your child lacking imagination because of our electronic society, then buy them Lego sets or art sets or cameras & scrapbooking items to create memories. Take them to museums, parks, or a walk around town. Buy them (gasp!) books! Set aside 2 hours each day with absolutely NO electronics --- no phones, no iPads, no computers, no television ---- and have them read, write, draw, create.
It's called imagination and fun. You should try it sometime.

Why do they have to BUY sets and kits and spend money for something specific? these dinasaurs were probably already valued toys. and how to you know they DON't ALSO take them to museums and walks around town?

And I bet the whole family is not as grumpy and grouchy as some on here are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting