Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 728 times

Advertisements

I'd like to reply to all those posters who pat themselves on the back and think their kids turned out great because they did
a great job and the rest of us with disrespectful kids did a poor job. My husband and I have three boys together. One boy, 17, is very kind and respectful, but the other two have ADHD with bad tempers and poor conflict skills. We have worked hard to learn and consistently practice good parenting skills to deal with our two difficult boys and for you all to say that poor behavior only results from bad parenting shows ignorance. Poor behavior could result from bad genetics, a control disorder, and yes, good parenting can mitigate the outcome. Though, I can imagine, if we only had our one son to go by we might say the same thing. While it's likely you don't have the experience to know otherwise, please don't judge and show more empathy to folks with difficult children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 04:40 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
could you have him baker acted when he does this. sounds as if he needs help and you need him out of the house

Old 08-24-2017, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 586 times
"I don't know if you can get him out or not....but i have no sympathy for people with such problems because i believe kids turn out how you raise them, and it sounds like in your case, that's a big FAIL!"

Think this response came from someone without kids, and treated their parents badly. Please explain to mensure why my daughter is a good responsible kid, respectful and helpful, while my son is the exact opposite. They come from a good home, we own a business and work hard. Have taught both our kids right from wrong, manners, respect, responsibility. One has learned from it all, the other one wants to fight and create chaos. Maybe don't respond to people's situations you have never experienced, or good for you for being the most stand up A+ parent in the world, give yourself a good pat on the back.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:54 AM

494 posts, read 501,696 times
Change the locks. If he damages property or acts threatening then call the police. Get him out. He's got to feel some stress before he'll change. Get your house back. He is not entitled to your roof.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:59 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenini01 View Post
Is it legal to kick my 20 yr old son out of my house because he comes home high every
night...I find weed in my house, alcohol, his has anger issues punches holes in walls, calls me every name in the book in front of my 7 and 8 yr old children and he does not pay for nothing...he does work full time but doesn't contribute at all...just disrespects me and destroys my house...he does have a dad to go live with but he refuses to leave my house....how can I get him out!!!?
Ask him nicely to move along with a letter; keep a copy because he may tear it up. If drugs are found in your house the police can take the home away.
Call police next time he does anything violent, then get a PFA order that stipulates he must move out with a police supervised removal of all his stuff. If they find drugs at that time you are in the clear and he is in jail. Do not bail him out.
"Watch Dr. Phil for two weeks"

Old 08-25-2017, 09:46 PM

510 posts, read 370,924 times
Pot is legal for general use in AK/WA/OR/CA/NV/CO/MA/ME. MA would be the closest to OP & son. Many more states have legalized it for a few or many medical conditions. CBD Oil from hemp plants provides some of the benefits and is legal in all states except SD, but it is not psychoactive. He'll be legal drinking age in several months or so. Probably he should get out by age 21 or sooner if he can't reduce drinking. Alcohol can totally shut down parts of the brain so a person doesn't even know what they are doing, let alone why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
He's 20 so he's not of legal drinking age. That's the problem. Pot is illegal in 48 states. That's the problem. Whether or not you think it is ok is irrelevant. This mom doesn't want her underage son drinking or doing illegal drugs in her house. There is nothing wrong with that. She could get in trouble for having it in the house she owns. She's not being unreasonable.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:57 PM

I think males are more likely to have psychological difficulties, if the prison populations are any indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebogey View Post
"I don't know if you can get him out or not....but i have no sympathy for people with such problems because i believe kids turn out how you raise them, and it sounds like in your case, that's a big FAIL!"

Think this response came from someone without kids, and treated their parents badly. Please explain to mensure why my daughter is a good responsible kid, respectful and helpful, while my son is the exact opposite. They come from a good home, we own a business and work hard. Have taught both our kids right from wrong, manners, respect, responsibility. One has learned from it all, the other one wants to fight and create chaos. Maybe don't respond to people's situations you have never experienced, or good for you for being the most stand up A+ parent in the world, give yourself a good pat on the back.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:11 PM

At least some people when they are so drunk they are nearly passed out, may have no idea what they are doing, let alone why, as entire sections of their brains are totally shut down. This is where violence comes from, certainly not from pot which makes people peaceful if anything does.

Those who say the mother should call police to report son for cannabis possession are so wrong. He could get $1,000 fine and up to six months in prison, causing him to lose his fulltime job, have a criminal record that keeps him from getting another job. What if he wanted revenge? Mother best flee state if she reports cannabis use to cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I can understand the drugs thing, except for pot because it's gonna be legal very soon I can feel it.

What's wrong with alcohol in the house?

My mom kept alcohol in the house. I kept mine there too. I always got a ride if I was plastered and I never got violent drunk. My brother is allowed to drink at home too, he's 19. If he drinks he's not allowed to leave.

And as someone who is 420 friendly, I see nothing wrong with that either as long as it's done outside if the home owner doesn't want it smoked in the house.

Now if I had a 20 year old making meth or doing coke off my coffee table I'd have a huge issue with that.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:16 PM

Police don't steal houses from a parent unless son is growing or selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
He's 20 so he's not of legal drinking age. That's the problem. Pot is illegal in 48 states. That's the problem. Whether or not you think it is ok is irrelevant. This mom doesn't want her underage son drinking or doing illegal drugs in her house. There is nothing wrong with that. She could get in trouble for having it in the house she owns. She's not being unreasonable.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:29 PM

Why have a 2 hour deadline? Do you suggest he puts all his pot and paraphernalia on the front lawn so he goes to jail for 6 months, loses his job, can't get another job, so commits suicide or comes back to kill his mom? You sure know how to escalate the situation. Maybe he needs a longer deadline for things to go best for all? I wonder if he has a friend he could live with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

OP, ignore the rantings of a child, your son is disrespectful aside from all the other issues. Tell him he has 2 hours to get all of his illegal, drug-related paraphernalia and drugs out of the house or you will ask for the police to help you locate them. Tell him he can leave with his drugs, but his time is up for abusing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting