Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

The girl was collecting baby clothes before she left. I don't see how keeping her home would have prevented pregnancy, or that evicting her somehow caused it. The two are unrelated.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:12 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Oh my! Clearly I have missed some of the details in this story.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You mean the Affordable Care Act that will be covering her daughter's pregnancy (pre-existing condition) because the OP can't take her off her own insurance fast enough even though it isn't costing her any more in premiums? The ACA that will help ensure her grandchild had prenatal care and a better chance at being born healthy? The ACA that seems to be doing more to care for her daughter's health and well being than her own mother?
Yep that one.

The one which will consider this a pregnancy and not being...... knocked up. Last time I heard a mother refer to her own daughter's pregnancy as being "knocked up" was..... wait..... this is a first for me. Usually that's the derogatory term people use when they're complaining about single mothers who need government assistance. Oh. Wait again......

Old 06-26-2014, 08:53 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
I find it very strange that this "woman of faith" never even once considered asking her church for help. Seemed like a novel idea to her. Seems to me her objection to termination is more political than religious.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
At 19, uneducated, unemployed, and unmarried? really?
It's just a baby not a frickn brain tumour.

There IS life after motherhood you know.

Yeah I'd be stoked, my daughter is a spoilt, immature little madam and being a mum would be the BEST THING to ever happen to her.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:05 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I find it very strange that this "woman of faith" never even once considered asking her church for help. Seemed like a novel idea to her. Seems to me her objection to termination is more political than religious.
It probably just never occurred to her that her family could be the recipient of such assistance. It doesn't surprise me. If you're accustomed to placing an offering in the plate every week, I imagine it requires a tremendous shift in thinking to take anything out of it.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:17 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
OP seems to be wanting to control her daughters life, without actually having to expend any effort to do so.

OP - WHY does your daughter think its ok to trash other peoples stuff, get pregnant without a means of support, and all the other things she does that you dont like?

She didn't just suddenly become irresponsible, she's been like that for...how long?

Her whole life?

I wonder who caused that....

You simply CANNOT enable her for years then whip the support away when an innocent baby is involved.

Or maybe you can.

Either way my daughter would not get pregnant nor would my son impregnate someone - they have been brainwashed since birth that Unplanned Pregnancy is a sin.

Apparently you forgot to mention that to your Princess, who views it (quoting) "As a way back in the home" - now WHY would she think this?

Because every other time you've bailed her out?

And now you're going to stop...try to force her to give away YOUR GRANDCHILD...as you do...

There is something majorly wrong with your morality.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:25 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

my daughter is a spoilt, immature little madam and being a mum would be the BEST THING to ever happen to her.
Becoming a mother is not a good punishment for being a "spoilt, immature little madam". It's disgusting to know somebody even thinks like this.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Either way my daughter would not get pregnant nor would my son impregnate someone - they have been brainwashed since birth that Unplanned Pregnancy is a sin.
Yeah...'cause that always works...

Old 06-26-2014, 09:34 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
If you read other posts, I don't think she's on the street. And yes, I'm concerned for her safety but that doesn't mean I welcome her back into a situation that would just enable her to do nothing. You're right. There's no wiggle room on her coming home. BTDT you can see what her response was to getting kicked out. She got knocked up. Do you really think I'm dealing with a grown up here?

To be honest I would have kept her home to avoid the pregnancy as I feared this would be her next step but now that she's pregnant she needs to grow up fast and that means being responsible for herself. It's not about her anymore.

No I wasn't comfortable with kicking her out with no arrangements for a place to stay. What parent would be? Obviously she figured it out well enough to get knocked up. When I've seen her she's been in clean clothes and had recently showered. That tells me she's not on the street in a box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
If she really is 8 weeks pregnant she conceived her baby in late April while she was still living at home under your supervision. (according to your previous thread she moved out May 17).
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Eight weeks pregnant is six weeks from conception. It would appear the two events coincided.
Oops, sorry, I had thought that they had stopped dating "pregnancy weeks" from the beginning of the last period.

Well, if "the magic happened" six weeks before Ivory told everyone on C-D her daughter was 8 weeks pregnant that would be about May 13 and DD#1 was still living at home.

Frankly, I don't care exactly when DD#1 got pregnant except that Ivory blamed her husband in the first post because he made the daughter leave and now implies that if DD had continued living at home she wouldn't be pregnant now. As Ivory shared with us in April "She actually has a drawer full of baby clothes in her dresser." What teenager has a drawer full of baby clothes?!?

IMHO DD wasn't "knocked up" but probably deliberately tried to become pregnant. Whether it happened while she was living at home or (maybe) one day later is irrelevant. It likely was a planned pregnancy.

Last edited by germaine2626; 06-26-2014 at 09:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting