Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM

119 posts, read 517,453 times

Advertisements

An 18-20 year old male is one thing...he is a kid himself still. I think a glaring look from mother bear is appropriate. However, if a grown man EVER "checked out" my child (13 years old), I wouldn't hesitate to embarrass the heck out of him and call him out on it. That is WRONG and HIGHLY inappropriate. I would tell him flat out to stop being a pedophile!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 03:10 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darhe3425 View Post
I agree, it is the responsibility of grown men in the community to behave like adults, like fathers, like elders, rather then blaming young girls for their own foolish behavior. Oggling young girls has nothing to do with outfits, c'mon, thats just a bunch of hogwash. Men a visual? and so...visually aroused by little girls is another name.
A pedophile.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM

151 posts, read 703,055 times
A 13 year old being "checked-out" by an 18-20 yr.old is inappropriate, as a matter of fact I don't understand the interest either. I suppose I am rather old school and raised in a different region. Young men between 18-20 are usually interested in young women their own age. Now showing a physical attraction to a 13 year minor, when you are 18 and above is sleazy. Mind you, what bothers me is some men tend to ignore age when development begins to occur with young ladies. It is seemingly their right to "notice" "stare at," and "oggle" girls for something she cannot control, however I think boys, and grown boys need lessons in what is and is not acceptable. This I hope would come from mothers directly teaching them, and fathers demonstrating how to treat girls like humans and not objects to be salivated over.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
A 13 year old being "checked-out" by an 18-20 yr.old is inappropriate, as a matter of fact I don't understand the interest either. I suppose I am rather old school and raised in a different region. Young men between 18-20 are usually interested in young women their own age. Now showing a physical attraction to a 13 year minor, when you are 18 and above is sleazy. Mind you, what bothers me is some men tend to ignore age when development begins to occur with young ladies. It is seemingly their right to "notice" "stare at," and "oggle" girls for something she cannot control, however I think boys, and grown boys need lessons in what is and is not acceptable. This I hope would come from mothers directly teaching them, and fathers demonstrating how to treat girls like humans and not objects to be salivated over.
Yes, I agree with you, someone needs to have a word before I pin one of them up against the wall because they are salivating over my daughter.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Maybe if younger girls' parents didn't let them dress like prostitutes, there wouldn't be as many problems with older men staring at younger girls. Younger girls are wearing skimpier and skimpier clothing anymore. Very short shorts. And, what kind of parent lets their daughter wear pants and shorts with writing across the butt???? Don't you think if something is written on their butt, it kind of invites people to look at their backside to read it????

Old 03-21-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Maybe if younger girls' parents didn't let them dress like prostitutes, there wouldn't be as many problems with older men staring at younger girls. Younger girls are wearing skimpier and skimpier clothing anymore. Very short shorts. And, what kind of parent lets their daughter wear pants and shorts with writing across the butt???? Don't you think if something is written on their butt, it kind of invites people to look at their backside to read it????
Maybe you should read the whole thread before you make a comment that has already been addressed.

MY daughter doesn't dress like that and she gets attention anyway. Older men who have pedophile like leanings LIKE it when they are dressed as children.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM

738 posts, read 1,883,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
My daughter is 12yo and built like she is 21. She is not allowed to dress like a **** or a sleeze and does not wear anything that lets "them" hang out. Because she is large chested, you can do little to hide what she has. Long t-shirts is her attire but the "ogle" still applies. No short shorts- She dresses appropriately.
Yes.... there are many parents that DO allow their little girls to wear these types of clothes but i for one DO NOT. She is still "OGLED". I am going up to the next man and give them a tissue to wipe up the drool.....

Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,601,272 times
Quote:
I agree, it is the responsibility of grown men in the community to behave like adults, like fathers, like elders, rather then blaming young girls for their own foolish behavior. Oggling young girls has nothing to do with outfits, c'mon, thats just a bunch of hogwash. Men a visual? and so...visually aroused by little girls is another name.
I have to disagree with you on this issue. I will say that all men, young and old, have to take responsibility for their behavior and a girls dress code is not license to take inappropriate actions. HOWEVER, the dress code a girl follows does give credence to what actions she feels are appropriate and what are not. A girl does not wear a mini skirt unless she wants someone to look at her legs. She does not wear a midrift unless she wants someone to look at her belly button.

I do not think that she may fully think out the consequences of those desires and most likely does not desire any physical follow-up to the desires she is enciting in the men she wants to attract, but her mode of dress is definitely designed to entice.

I do not think that oogling by any age appropriate male is automatically wrong. I think there is a time and place for everything and the time and place for appropriate oogling is more difficult to locate, but looking and "looking hard" are not bad unless done in an inappropriate time and place or at age inappropriate girls.

I daresay it would catastrophic if suddenly every male on earth stopped oogling girls regardless of their dress. If the mode of dress made no impression on males, you can be assured that women would find another way of making them look.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I have to disagree with you on this issue. I will say that all men, young and old, have to take responsibility for their behavior and a girls dress code is not license to take inappropriate actions. HOWEVER, the dress code a girl follows does give credence to what actions she feels are appropriate and what are not. A girl does not wear a mini skirt unless she wants someone to look at her legs. She does not wear a midrift unless she wants someone to look at her belly button.

I do not think that she may fully think out the consequences of those desires and most likely does not desire any physical follow-up to the desires she is enciting in the men she wants to attract, but her mode of dress is definitely designed to entice.

I do not think that oogling by any age appropriate male is automatically wrong. I think there is a time and place for everything and the time and place for appropriate oogling is more difficult to locate, but looking and "looking hard" are not bad unless done in an inappropriate time and place or at age inappropriate girls.

I daresay it would catastrophic if suddenly every male on earth stopped oogling girls regardless of their dress. If the mode of dress made no impression on males, you can be assured that women would find another way of making them look.
My 11 year old wears skorts which look like a mini skirt because we live in Florida and she gets hot in long pants. I can assure you that she has no desire for boys to look at her. In fact studies show that women dress a certain way because of the social currency it gives them with other women.

If it were to only impress men, women would go everywhere in a tube top, mini skirt and HIGH pumps. I find it amazing that some men out there assume that how a woman is dressed is for men. Thats just not always true. I'm sure there are women out there that do but ALOT of us wear what we want with no sexual undertones to it.

The bathing suit I wear isn't about what men think, its about what I think, what I like, what I think I look good in. I could care less who is looking at me at the beach, I am more concerned about tan lines.

Its a dangerous thing for men or boys to make an assumption they know whats in a woman or girls mind with reference to what they do want or don't want where sex is concerned.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Maybe you should read the whole thread before you make a comment that has already been addressed.

MY daughter doesn't dress like that and she gets attention anyway. Older men who have pedophile like leanings LIKE it when they are dressed as children.
I didn't necessarily direct my post at you. It was just a general rant on how too many younger girls have parents that let them dress like skanks anymore. I wasn't advocating adult men scoping out young girls, BUT, when teenage girls dress the way they do these days, a 14 year old can look like a 20 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting