Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:41 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Stories and rumors didn't result in 49 births to Memphis area girls under 15, sex did.

And knowing doesn't always equate to approving, sometimes it even results in parents and schools taking action. Students at a local high school were suspended. The younger kids do copy the behavior of the older kids but I guess it's preferable for some people to believe that it doesn't really happen.

No one said teens aren't having sex. No one said teens aren't having sex under the bleachers. What was said was: these stories are GREATLY exaggerated. From these stories, you would think kids are going to school and having orgies all day long or every time they're at someone's house, they're giving every boy in town a BJ.

It's really sad that people think that lowly of young girls these days.

No doubt there are some slutty girls who will "do" anything that walks, but they are far and few between.

As for 49 girls under 15 in Memphis having babies? That's not really a whole lot considering the popluation.

As for rumors, it's also been rumored that inbreeding is the norm in Tennessee, so I guess we can all take that as fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
II'm pointing out that in my area there were 49 babies born in one year to girls under 15, which means intercourse is fairly common at the middle school level.

In Tennessee, you may have 15 year olds still in middle school. Here, 15 years old is 10th grade/high school. Maybe these 15 year old middle schoolers aren't smart enough to know how to use birth control.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Stories and rumors didn't result in 49 births to Memphis area girls under 15, sex did.

BTW, the article you linked stated that 800 girls in Tenessee under the age 18 gave birth in 2006. Guess what? There are over 800,000 girls in Tenessee between the ages of 10-19 (check the US Census Bureau website), so 800 is not a whole lot.

Last edited by omigawd; 09-15-2010 at 02:04 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 02:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Of course I told their parents! What the hell I also talked to the two girls, who are daughters of my husbands best friend, that they don't need to and shouldn't participate in such activities and that those that do are actually looking for someone to reach out to them. You can keep your head in the sand all you want- just because YOU haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I guess you are going to tell me 7mins in heaven is a myth too Yeah, when I was about 9 I had some friends (guy friends) over who had older brothers who had taught them all about trying to get girls to play that with them.
All I'm thinking is that the parenting and other influences of these two girls is atrocious. And not in any way mainstream. If indeed 8-11 year olds are going to sex parties (and btw, i don't believe it but if true they should be in protective custody) then its the adults in their life who are to blame. Not "older kids", not "school", not "society". They are probably being sexually abused by adults in their home. Enough said.

If these people are indeed your best friends then I can only imagine what kind of lifestyle y'all are living that results in 8-11 year old at sex parties.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
All I'm thinking is that the parenting and other influences of these two girls is atrocious. And not in any way mainstream. If indeed 8-11 year olds are going to sex parties (and btw, i don't believe it but if true they should be in protective custody) then its the adults in their life who are to blame. Not "older kids", not "school", not "society". They are probably being sexually abused by adults in their home. Enough said.

If these people are indeed your best friends then I can only imagine what kind of lifestyle y'all are living that results in 8-11 year old at sex parties.
I totally agree.

My daughter is 11 and I don't drop her at anyone's home or party without going in, seeing who else is there, who is supervising, etc. My daughter also doesn't just go to people's homes on her own. If she's going to hang out at someone's house, you better believe I want to see the home she's going to, the people in it, and the adults who are there.

I cannot even fathom an 8 or 11 year old telling me they attended a party where girls were giving all the guys BJs. I would have gotten the entire story out of them ---- who, what, where, when, how --- and been on the phone with CPS and the local police immediately!! (and I can guarantee you, if there was any sex going on or any "lipstick" party, there would be cell phone pics floating around somewhere to back up the story)

Old 09-15-2010, 03:04 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

My lifestyle is fine thank you very much.

I don't condone what someone elses kids did. They are the children of my husbands best friend from his high school days. We are military family who moves around a lot. We are not the kind of parents who are cool with this at all, but being that we move around a lot, we have heard first hand about things that are going on in the schools around this nation. Not saying EVERYONE is out doing, but it doesnt matter if it is 1 kid or 100- no one at 8, 11, ect should be engaging in those kind of acts, but IT IS HAPPENING! Sure, sexual abuse may play a part in a few of the cases, but a lot of the time, it is peer pressure plain and simple.

Girls these days are taking weight pills and are anorexic and bulimic at ages as young as 6! Kids are growing up with a skewed reality on their bodies and how to go about getting acceptance. It is the parents fault, the media's fault, societies fault, teachers fault- it is the fault of ALL of us that young kids these days are growing up with false ideas on body image, relationships, even how to be friends anymore. Everyone is too busy worrying about themselves anymore

Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
ppsst... it isn't just the girls
Of course it's not just the girls. But young girls attitude towards sex has changed moreso than boys in my opinion over the last 10-15 years. Overall girls have lost more self respect and self esteem than young boys have.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:22 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
My lifestyle is fine thank you very much.

I don't condone what someone elses kids did. They are the children of my husbands best friend from his high school days. We are military family who moves around a lot. We are not the kind of parents who are cool with this at all, but being that we move around a lot, we have heard first hand about things that are going on in the schools around this nation. Not saying EVERYONE is out doing, but it doesnt matter if it is 1 kid or 100- no one at 8, 11, ect should be engaging in those kind of acts, but IT IS HAPPENING! Sure, sexual abuse may play a part in a few of the cases, but a lot of the time, it is peer pressure plain and simple.

Girls these days are taking weight pills and are anorexic and bulimic at ages as young as 6! Kids are growing up with a skewed reality on their bodies and how to go about getting acceptance. It is the parents fault, the media's fault, societies fault, teachers fault- it is the fault of ALL of us that young kids these days are growing up with false ideas on body image, relationships, even how to be friends anymore. Everyone is too busy worrying about themselves anymore
I think your last statement is the more alarming issue nowadays. But it's not just young girls it's WOMEN in general. Women nowadays are so obsessed with their bodies and looks. Especially in certain areas of the country. Here in SoCal it's pretty pathetic. These housewives spend all their day worrying about their looks. I'd hate to think how this makes all their daughters feel. The daughters probably feel like they have to compete with mom when they should be worrying about learning, self respect, dignity, and the world around them. Or WORKING! LOL.

I think women have been so brainwashed by Hollywood, women's magazines, corporations it's pathetic. Men have too. But so many women just have zero self esteem and security nowadays. I think most are very confused as what it means to be a woman. Juggling the whole work identity with being a wife with being a mom etc. Back in the day it was easy to just be a good wife and mother. But men are struggling to with their identity. Now many men are not identified by being breadwinners as it takes two incomes to make it. And women are man eaters nowadays. Most men let their women walk all over them. Look the men on tv. They are so emasculated it's pathetic.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM

556 posts, read 798,357 times
I went to a neighbors kids birthday party (1 year old). She had all her family there, kids from 1-13. They had a dance contest. I almost fell out when her 7 year old niece started "clapping her booty" and dropped to the floor into a split and began "humping the floor".

The world is on a hardcore, fast and furious decline!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
I went to a neighbors kids birthday party (1 year old). She had all her family there, kids from 1-13. They had a dance contest. I almost fell out when her 7 year old niece started "clapping her booty" and dropped to the floor into a split and began "humping the floor".

The world is on a hardcore, fast and furious decline!
I think had I been there, I would have made a point of making a face and making sure the child's mother saw me and I would make a comment like "whoa" and rolled my eyes.

It's just unbelievable what kids that age do and they haven't a clue what they're actually doing. What's even more unbelievable is that the parents sit there in a haze not giving a darn that their 7 year old daughter is acting like a stripper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting