Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 PM

44 posts, read 100,064 times

Advertisements

When kids grow up, they don't have to stay in touch with parents or even talk to them. It's not a good idea to treat kdis badly, they may not want a relationship with you when they're older.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:40 AM

428 posts, read 1,184,904 times
Wow, I read this whole thread and I'm pretty shocked by some of the responses on here. I can't believe that some people on here think that a teen boy deserved to die for having sex with his consenting girlfriend. Unbelievable. This boy could have died or had permanent brain damage, getting beaten with a pipe is more than extreme. This dad did not think his daughter was being raped, he saw a naked boy in her room and was appalled that his innocent girl wasn't so innocent. You people need to get over your puritanical leanings. Teens sneak in their lover's windows all the time. I would not condone my children sneaking anyone in but a beating that could result in death or permanent disability would not be the consequence of said behavior. I have a son and a daughter and there would be consequences for both of them if they brought people into the house at night without permission.
What's up with people calling the girl a s -l -u- t for having sex with her boyfriend of a year. I guess the vast majority of women are sluts then, as only a miniscule percentage of women would not be engaging in sex with their boyfriend after a year. I guess if females like sex that makes them "sluts".
Also, some posters mentioned beating the daughter later with a pipe.. that is the definition of child abuse and a long prison sentence is what you'd deserve.
If someone beat/killed/disabled my teenager for having consensual sex with their girlfriend and the charges were dropped, he and I would have a "talk" outside his home and this time he would not be the one with the pipe

Old 05-25-2009, 06:44 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningintherain2 View Post
Wow, I read this whole thread and I'm pretty shocked by some of the responses on here. I can't believe that some people on here think that a teen boy deserved to die for having sex with his consenting girlfriend. Unbelievable. This boy could have died or had permanent brain damage, getting beaten with a pipe is more than extreme. This dad did not think his daughter was being raped, he saw a naked boy in her room and was appalled that his innocent girl wasn't so innocent. You people need to get over your puritanical leanings. Teens sneak in their lover's windows all the time. I would not condone my children sneaking anyone in but a beating that could result in death or permanent disability would not be the consequence of said behavior. I have a son and a daughter and there would be consequences for both of them if they brought people into the house at night without permission.
What's up with people calling the girl a s -l -u- t for having sex with her boyfriend of a year. I guess the vast majority of women are sluts then, as only a miniscule percentage of women would not be engaging in sex with their boyfriend after a year. I guess if females like sex that makes them "sluts".
Also, some posters mentioned beating the daughter later with a pipe.. that is the definition of child abuse and a long prison sentence is what you'd deserve.
If someone beat/killed/disabled my teenager for having consensual sex with their girlfriend and the charges were dropped, he and I would have a "talk" outside his home and this time he would not be the one with the pipe

And then YOU would be in jail. Longer than the father in fact! Much much much longer. You would have "planned" that attack!

And I'm sorry, he didn't know she had a boyfriend and he had no permission in the house. Sounds like she was quite sneaky herself and shouldn't be allowed to have anyone over for quite some time WITH permission!

I'm glad he wasn't hurt more serious but he took the chance by entering the house without the OWNER'S permission.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsRpeopletoo View Post
When kids grow up, they don't have to stay in touch with parents or even talk to them. It's not a good idea to treat kdis badly, they may not want a relationship with you when they're older.
"Hey mom and dad. If you don't let me have sex in your house and NOT follow any of your rules I'm not going to talk to you when I get to be a big girl."

Old 05-25-2009, 07:05 AM

758 posts, read 1,872,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
And then YOU would be in jail. Longer than the father in fact! Much much much longer. You would have "planned" that attack!

And I'm sorry, he didn't know she had a boyfriend and he had no permission in the house. Sounds like she was quite sneaky herself and shouldn't be allowed to have anyone over for quite some time WITH permission!

I'm glad he wasn't hurt more serious but he took the chance by entering the house without the OWNER'S permission.

So with this line of thinking anytime a minor invites someone over, even if they use the front door and it's the middle of the day, and they didn't ask their parents permission their parent can chase that person out and beat them with a pipe?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skahar View Post
So with this line of thinking anytime a minor invites someone over, even if they use the front door and it's the middle of the day, and they didn't ask their parents permission their parent can chase that person out and beat them with a pipe?

That doesn't make sense with "my line of thinking!"

He SNUCK in WITHOUT permission and was a NAKED MAN in a MINOR'S BED!!!

WIth that aside, the father didn't know any of that. He saw a strange man in his daughter's bed and didn't know the daughter had a boyfriend. He heard strange noises and got a weapon. Many would have done the same

Many of you keep saying the "link is broken" to the actual story. It's a simple google away!

And by the way. The fact that the father was arrested means nothing. I'm sure the charges will be dropped or some court fines may come up. But I'm also sure the boy will be charged with something as well. And hopefully the girl punished.

Last edited by miasmommy; 05-25-2009 at 07:26 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
"Hey mom and dad. If you don't let me have sex in your house and NOT follow any of your rules I'm not going to talk to you when I get to be a big girl."

Right! GirlsRpeopletoo, give your parents the ultimatum and let us know how it goes. I don't believe for a second you're not a teenager.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 AM

758 posts, read 1,872,589 times
Quote:

He had permission from the girl. She was the one who snuck him in. You said he took a big chance by entering without the owner's permission. And other posters have said as well as you that minor children have no authority to invite people into their house, so I'm wondering if the time of day and entry method were changed the situation should still be the same, right?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
[/b]

He had permission from the girl. She was the one who snuck him in. You said he took a big chance by entering without the owner's permission. And other posters have said as well as you that minor children have no authority to invite people into their house, so I'm wondering if the time of day and entry method were changed the situation should still be the same, right?
If the parent said "no visitors" when you get home from school and it was during the day of course!!! I'm not saying the girl is innocent.

It's a little bit different if the father came home in daylight and they were eating cookies at the kitchen table

Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,909 times
Quote:
...(Dad) saw a naked boy in her (his daughter's) room and was appalled that his innocent girl wasn't so innocent. You people need to get over your puritanical leanings...
That's the way I see it, too. Dad was MIFFED not only at the boy but at his daughter as well. He may have suspected (or perhaps he truly was 100% clueless, which is a shame) that she was not so innocent but here was proof positive, right in his own home. I don't think for a moment that he was acting out of fear that she was being raped. I'm betting he was acting out of unbridled anger.

Quote:
...Also, some posters mentioned beating the daughter later with a pipe..
Shocking, isn't it? I sincerely hope the people who suggest these sorts of things are merely blowing smoke (easy enough to do with internet anonymity) and have more sense than to do such things in real life.

Quote:
Sounds like it, eh? How sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting