Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsRpeopletoo View Post
If you had killed my son, you'd soon be dead too. And that goes for any father out there thinking of doing this to someone's son.

You'd better think twice. A lot of boys have father's also, and several brothers. You daughter isn't laced in gold. You're going to royaly tick someone off and it won't be pretty.

I don't see many father's of INTRUDERS hunting down the owners of the houses their sons broke into.

While it would be sad if he had been killed, we'd have to look at the circumstances. If the kid was caught naked and when on to say who he was and the daugther confirmed it was her boyfriend and THEN the father beat him it would be different.

But in a second when you see a MAN (since he's adult enough to have sex right?) on top of his naked daughter in the middle of the night one might think the worse and he would have no choice to PROTECT his daughter.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:18 AM

44 posts, read 100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Then go get a house with your very own bedroom and your very own bed and your very own mortgage!

You are under your parent's rules until you are 18. If you don't like it you move. and THAT is the problem! The fact that you don't respect that (doesn't mean you have to agree) shows you are a young girl who doesn't sound mature enough to be having sex anyhow.

And your assumption that many girls marry the guy they loose their virginity to or even a boy they dated since highschool is way off. It doesn't happen that way.

While I do agree that teenagers can and do feel love during sex/highschool I do not agree that they have the right or the unwritten permission to do whatever the heck they want in their parent's home.

This boy had no permission other than the girl's to have sex with her. That is not the problem. It was the parent's home and you need permission to have visitors and most parents don't allow sex. They are not adults they are children.

And weather you like it or not, you had that child. And when they become a teen, there's going to be a natural progression towards growing up, and they may even sneak and have sex when they start to grow up. But then, you knew that when decided to have kids and get pregnant, that if you couldn't handle your teen growing up, and the issues surroudning their transition to adulthood, then you should have never had children, and I don't know how you can call yourselves parents.

You have a certain obligation to your kids to help them transition to adulthood when they're are a teen. And that does not include screaming "get your own house" when they start to mature. It does NOT include beating their boyfriend when you catch them growing up, and doing what they are driven to do by nature, and treating them as if something is wrong with them, or making them feel ashamed.

I've seen it time and time again. Parents who approach their kids relationships, and sex with a positive attitude, give their kids a postive attitude toward relatioships and themselves and they tend to do much better in life, than kids whose parents go crazy and try to beat their boyfriends, or beat any kid in general for having sex.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I don't see many father's of INTRUDERS hunting down the owners of the houses their sons broke into.

While it would be sad if he had been killed, we'd have to look at the circumstances. If the kid was caught naked and when on to say who he was and the daugther confirmed it was her boyfriend and THEN the father beat him it would be different.

But in a second when you see a MAN (since he's adult enough to have sex right?) on top of his naked daughter in the middle of the night one might think the worse and he would have no choice to PROTECT his daughter.
He knew who it was. It was a teen boy, and his daughter wasn't screaming for help. Fathers arent' stupid.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
He knew who it was. It was a teen boy, and his daughter wasn't screaming for help. Fathers arent' stupid.

Sorry kiddo. He DIDN'T know who it was. He didn't know that the girl even had a boyfriend! Why don't you go check out the actual story.

And you are right. Being a parent does not always involve a simple "go get your own house" and it does involve showing them the responsible way of doing things.

As a CHILD the responsible thing is to go to school, do your homework, and respect PEOPLE in general especially your own parents and to follow their rules. When you do that you get paid in freedom. You get to go out with your friends and have people over and maybe get an allowance and so forth. You don't just GET those things. This doesn't even include the things you get for free! Of course your rights include food, shelter, clothing, basic hygiene supplies and love. But Im sure you have other things like a cell phone or special snacks or more than one pair of shoes or cds or a tv and so on. Just because a parent "decided" to give you life doesn't mean you have the RIGHT to everything in the free world! There are rules for all of us. I have rules according to the bank I borrow from to pay for my home. I have rules from my credit card companies and the state and the nation!!!!!! We all have rules we must follow no matter how old we are or whether or not we agree with them!

If I said "********* bank, I'm an adult and I don't have to pay you. You can't control me I'm grown up," how would that show any maturity?

This has not so much to do with the sex. The fact is the man saw a naked MAN standing over his naked daughter on the bed in the middle of the night and he didn't know that this boy even existed. The man was probably scared for his daughter and his home and acted like any other sane human who loved his daughter and had any sense at all.

I'm sorry dear, but if I walk into a room in my house in the middle of the night and there is a strange man standing there I'm not taking the time to ask "do I know you?, Are you in here with the permission of one of my family members?"

You will understand when you get a bit older. That is not meant to be an insult. I repect your opinion and you in general as a young adult. There is no need to get defensive and start getting so angry with people on here. Cheer up

Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 AM

The bottom line here is...you can teach your kids about sex, about relationships, about requring respect and a relationship, even love before having sex. You can teach them about STDs, you can teach them and even help them with birth control if they get into a serious relationship.

Once you've taught them all of these things, it's really their decision after that. You cannot control your kids sex lives. It's something that parents are totally excluded from, and once you've taught kids all you know about it, they're basically on their own, and it's their life and their decision. All you can do as a parent is try to be there and be supportive.

You can let them know you don't allow it, but as a parent you're supposed to know they will do it when they want to, and there isn't really much you can do about it. You may not want them to flaunt it in front of you, but if you catch them, you need to act like a parent, not a crazed lunitic with no brain and no IQ.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Sorry kiddo. He DIDN'T know who it was. He didn't know that the girl even had a boyfriend! Why don't you go check out the actual story.

I'm sorry dear, but if I walk into a room in my house in the middle of the

Look, I'm 40ish, and yes HE DID know. I had a crazy father. THE GUY KNEW. You harm my son, that will be the last thing you harm. So all of you parents out there beware. You harm someone's son, you'd better hope and pray he doesn't have a mother like me.

This is to all parents: If you even consider harming a boy for having sex with your daughter, you're crazy, and you need psychological help.

Last edited by girlsRpeopletoo; 05-24-2009 at 10:37 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Look, I'm 40ish, and yes HE DID know. I had a crazy father. HE KNEW. You harm my son, that will be the last thing you harm.
READ THE STORY!!!! HE DID NOT KNOW! He never knew the girl had a boyfriend. Funny. If the girl had nothing to hide and she is SOOOO mature why is it that she omits such important details?

I doubt you are 40ish. Not fooling me

Wow, so If in the middle of the night I walk in and there is a strange man in my home and I INSTINCTIVELY AND defend my home and daughter and hurt your son that is wrong? But if you have time to think about it (premeditated) and THEN come to ME and hurt me how is that any better if not worse?

I'll come back and check out what you said later. I have to take a nap. Long night at work. First I'm going to check all the rooms on my house for naked teenage boy intruders

Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Look, I'm 40ish, and yes HE DID know. I had a crazy father. THE GUY KNEW. You harm my son, that will be the last thing you harm. So all of you parents out there beware. You harm my son, you'd better hope and pray he doesn't have a mother like me.

If you even consider harming a boy for having sex with your daughter, you're crazy, and you need psychological help.
Teach your horndog son from breaking into other people's houses to hump their daughters and there won't be any problem.

So you beware. Your son has no business in anyone's house uninvited.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
And if you break into my house after you find your horndog son has been beaten and castrated, you too will suffer the fate of an unwanted intruder.

What you really ought to do if it's not too late is teach your son some manners and what love means. Teen love means knocking on the front door, shaking hands with a girls father and respecting her enough to have her home by the time her father says he wants her home.

Keep in mind that a boy who has zero respect for a girl will have zero respect for her family. He's only interested in getting his rocks off -- that isn't love at all.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:01 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,909 times
Since the original story link is broken, I didn't read the original story. That being said, the young man probably WAS invited. He just wasn't invited by dad. As part of the family, doesn't daughter have the right to invite guests into the home?

As a side note, with all this attention to the young man, where's the outrage at daughter? She's no innocent young thing if she's been inviting young stud into her room for a year. I'd have more words for her than I would for the "horndog".

At the very least, what was she doing while dad was chasing her friend? Just standing there, looking stupid? Or was she screaming "Nooooo, Daddy!! Don't!!!" In which case, dad would KNOW the young man was a guest. Perhaps an unwelcome guest (from Dad's perspective) but a guest nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting