Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

968 posts, read 2,623,210 times

Advertisements

this kid did not get enough spankings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpAWh171ug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
this kid did not get enough spankings...

YouTube - Greatest freak out ever 10 (ORIGINAL VIDEO)
That guy needs to be put down. His father walks away when he takes a ball bat to the truck his parents gave him for his birthday.

Here's another, there are 14.

YouTube - Greatest freak out ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO)

He's insane.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:15 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
I found it interesting that since spanking has gone down, why has school shootings escalated to astronomical proportions in this country while other countries around the globe have not seen an increase and still spank.

Go figure.
Where did you get the information on school shootings world wide? I tried to do a search for just Sweden. My husband tells me that Swedes do not spank and corporal punishment is not allowed in schools.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
That guy needs to be put down. His father walks away when he takes a ball bat to the truck his parents gave him for his birthday.

He's insane.
Okay, I don't think a spanking would ever work on those kids. Also, the boy who was screaming about gay this, wasn't he wearing make-up and earrings? Identity crisis that I don't think any spankings in the world could fix.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Where did you get the information on school shootings world wide? I tried to do a search for just Sweden. My husband tells me that Swedes do not spank and corporal punishment is not allowed in schools.
School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks. No school shootings in Sweden but there was one in Norway.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
I think the problem with the whole United States is there are so many right to "protect" everything that basically you can no longer do anything without it violating a "right" of someone. Now a days Children know all their rights and use them too.

In Europe there is less "specialized" everything. There isn't all this "she is special and can't sit for a long time there for she has a special class" or "let the children teach us when they want to learn". No none of that crap. In Europe, you go to school. End of Story. Sweden, along with most Scandinavian Countries are among the happiest countries in the world.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:

YouTube - Greatest freak out ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO)

He's insane.
He's just spoiled rotten.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
That's quite a leap to say that school shootings are due to a lack of spankings. Do you have evidence that these particular shooters were never spanked? Could there be other factors that contribute to school shootings?
It's NOT causation, but.... almost every shooting took place in states where paddling is still allowed.

AND, several shooters *were* paddled

Robin Robinson, 13, Lanett, Ala., Oct. 15, 1978. After a disagreement with a student, he was paddled by the principal. He returned to school with a gun; when told he would be paddled again, he shot and wounded the principal.

In Jonesboro, Arkansas, the teacher said to have paddled Mitchell Johnson for bringing a knife to school was the only teacher shot and killed by Johnson the following day.

The point is that a *lack of paddling* does NOT precipitate the shootings or any other violence

Does A Lack of Paddling Cause School Shootings?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I still don't see the point in hitting kids. There are ways of disciplining without using physical force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting