Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:20 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times

Advertisements

I've thought of out-of-the box ideas on this search.
Yes, they may cost the Op a few dollars, and it may depend on what the information means to them, and how much time and expense they want to put into it.

I have not tried searching for a Linda Smith.
Others have tried that, so I have not tried, so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
the children of these people are already known. if anything was to be inherited, they already got it. wife #2 and #3 are deceased. wife #1 has no known location since the birth of the last child.
William Frank and Linda had 3 kids.
William had another child, a son, location not known.
William married a Nancy and then a Martha. Their locations and their kids are not known, as far as I know.
I'll have to read the whole thread.

Common sense says the 3 deceased persons in AZ had a house, and had a will, and somebody, or a few somebody's, were the heirs to that property.
$10-$15 for printing and a phone call, can get copies of the wills.

No one knows what the wills say, until they get copies and read them.
It is as simple as that.
If the Op has the wills of William Frank Byer and Bernice Byer, and Frank Byer, then they can let us know.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:26 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
Quote:
the children of these people are already known. if anything was to be inherited, they already got it. wife #2 and #3 are deceased. wife #1 has no known location since the birth of the last child.
oops, wife #2 is not deceased.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
William Frank and Linda had 3 kids.
William had another child, a son, location not known.
William married a Nancy and then a Martha. Their locations and their kids are not known, as far as I know.
I'll have to read the whole thread.

Common sense says the 3 deceased persons in AZ had a house, and had a will, and somebody, or a few somebody's, were the heirs to that property.
$10-$15 for printing and a phone call, can get copies of the wills.
no, frank and linda had three kids. wife #2 and #3 had no children with william that have been posted. there are no missing children from what has been said. only the missing mother.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM

William may not have had any more biological kids, other than her Father, the twins, and David.
But, he could have married into some step kids with Nancy and Martha.
And had nieces and nephews that became heirs.

I'd spend the $15 to get the wills of those 3 deceased persons, or consider abandoning the search.
Too many of the persons are deceased. And the ones who are alive know limited details.
That tells me to find NEW names = copies of the wills.

I know people who have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars to find a relative.
A few dollars for wills, and names of the will executors, the names of the heirs, and the addresses of any real estate is a paltry cost at this point. That is my opinion, and the Op can pursue the search in any way they desire.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel View Post
Yes, that is my Great Grandparents. They did not have a funeral serivce for William Frank(My grandad). He lived with a friend named Kay at the time of his death. Marth was his 3rd wife. My Father was born in Illinois and so was William Frank(My Grandad).
William may have left some of his personal belongings, etc. to Kay. She would be named in his will.
Was your Father named in William's will?

How much contact was there between William and your Father?

If there was not much, but your Father went to the funeral, I'm sure your Father was not the only person at the funeral. Friends of William were there, and maybe other relatives that you do not know even existed. Your Father did not know these "other" relatives by name either.
William could have had step kids he married into, and they had kids = nieces and nephews.

As far as Linda, if the birth certificate said her birth name was Linda Gayle Smith, and she signed Linda Smith Byer, I doubt she would have signed Byer, unless they were married.
But, you find no divorce records.

Now, if Linda remarried, she may have dropped Byer and went back to being Linda Gayle Smith.
She may have been known to others, as Linda Gayle Byer. Or maybe still Linda Smith Byer.

We do not know if the divorce, etc. was friendly.
Maybe William took the kids because Linda could not support them.
Maybe the breakup was not friendly.
If it was not, then she may have abandoned Linda Smith Byer, and used one of the other names.

Many people go back to their roots.
Since she was born in Va. (but married in Florida, and gave birth in Illinois) and the divorce was in Va. there is a good chance she stayed there in Va.

If she remarried, then that complicates the search.
She has a new name and the house they live in, is likely not in her name.

Mrs. Linda Gayle ?
Mrs. Linda Byer ?
Mrs. Linda Smith ?

? = her husbands last name.

Maybe VA, maybe not.
Maybe in the USA, and maybe not.

I think the heirs of William, and Frank-Bernice, are the easiest names to get at this point.
Keep us updated.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Would Linda talk to your Father if he called?

Did you try this Linda, from 5thgenSF's search?

Linda S Byer Age 67
6640 Trevilian Rd
Roanoke, VA 24019

I found the same name, and same phone number, from a different source.
My source shows a different address, than Trevilian Road.

The phone number, from the link on comment #2 on page one is:
Linda S. Byer
6002 Crumpacker Dr
Roanoke, VA 24012
540-362-8568

I think you know some of the risks of calling.
You have 3 choices: call the number, assume it is the wrong one, or write letters to both addresses.

If Linda would not want to hear from your Father, then you might want to refrain from calling.
I doubt it is the right one, but you never know.

By the way, Hot Springs in only 70 miles from Roanoke.

If your Father calls that number, I guess he needs to make sure she'd talk to him, if that was his Mother.

The last thing you want is, "you have the wrong number," when in fact you had the right number.

Then you keep searching for the next 40 years and never find her, because she was the one who told you, that you had the wrong number back on July 21-22, 2012.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 PM

well this may or may not be a trail. i see what you were looking at for the florida marriage. the entry below it is a marriage (richard athens) to linda gayle smith. may be the right linda or not.

Linda Gayle Smith - Ancestry.com

Richard E. Athens - Ancestry.com

richard, age 73 in texas:

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

but it shows linda as age 69. (sometimes the ages are incorrect though.)

would be easy enough to confirm or deny this as she has postings all over the web!

Linda Athens's Page - Patriot Action Network

Google

Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
well this may or may not be a trail. i see what you were looking at for the florida divorce. the entry below it is a marriage (richard athens) to linda gayle smith. may be the right linda or not.

Linda Gayle Smith - Ancestry.com

Richard E. Athens - Ancestry.com

richard, age 73 in texas:

but it shows linda as age 69. (sometimes the ages are incorrect though.)

would be easy enough to confirm or deny this as she has postings all over the web!

Linda Athens's Page - Patriot Action Network

Google

Linda and William married in Florida, and divorced (or separated) in Virginia, if I am not mistaken.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel View Post
Wife 2 is Nancy and who my Dad calls Mom. I have all the details she knows but her details are broken because they came from William Frank who was a liar. Wife 3 Martha is dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Linda and William married in Florida, and divorced (or separated) in Virginia, if I am not mistaken.
yeah, i corrected it, i meant marriage. the divorce in VA is not confirmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search