Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:37 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Why does anyone care if others are saving or what type of lifestyle they want?

Just do what you want and work towards the future you desire...don't look for validation of random strangers.
I agree... why is everyone so concerned with other people's finances? And don't give me the old "we'll be paying for him yadda yadda," because just about everyone pays taxes at some point - and we don't know he/she will even be using government support in their old age, so it's rather rude to assume. Live and let live!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 12:39 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I'm not going to be alive at 65.

Let's see, I'm back in college for the second time, I work friggin' retail. I live with my mother. I hate my life. I could very well outlive everyone in my family and be alone. I'm just hoping I don't live that long and try not to think about it at all. How's that for an answer?

BTW I'm not trying to be negative or rude I just seriously don't see a bright future in my life at this point.
That's sad. I assume you're still fairly young, so don't give up just yet! My life has already had many ups & downs in my 34 years, and things always seem to work out somehow... keep your chin up.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That's sad. I assume you're still fairly young, so don't give up just yet! My life has already had many ups & downs in my 34 years, and things always seem to work out somehow... keep your chin up.
Thank you for your thoughtful post. I'm trying.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:28 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
What if you do live? Well, you can always improve to make your life better by making goals.

The point is to enjoy life as long as you live.

Change your attitude to positive and positive things will happen.

Quote:

Let's see, I'm back in college for the second time, I work friggin' retail. I live with my mother. I hate my life. I could very well outlive everyone in my family and be alone. I'm just hoping I don't live that long and try not to think about it at all. How's that for an answer?

BTW I'm not trying to be negative or rude I just seriously don't see a bright future in my life at this point.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Got to make the best of it with what you have.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:42 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
Quote:

I'm not out of my 20's, I'm medically retired from the Marines, I am in daily, and constant pain, and have physical disabilities.

I recommend you reconsider. Bright future or not, money makes a difference.

Better food, time off when you are hurting, I have government healthcare, but have goten better care, or things not covered by paying cash.

Money doesn't make happyness, but it helps.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I'm not out of my 20's, I'm medically retired from the Marines, I am in daily, and constant pain, and have physical disabilities.

I recommend you reconsider. Bright future or not, money makes a difference.

Better food, time off when you are hurting, I have government healthcare, but have goten better care, or things not covered by paying cash.

Money doesn't make happyness, but it helps.
Health should be first priority and then Money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance