Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 11:39 PM

8,689 posts, read 3,879,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
Stupid question.
I couldn’t agree more, as if everyone is going to throw out what they make or their net worth - when most lie about much smaller things such as where they live or how old they are. My girlfriend of almost a year didn’t even know my salary until recently (and still doesn’t know my net worth).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 01:44 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I couldn’t agree more, as if everyone is going to throw out what they make or their net worth - when most lie about much smaller things such as where they live or how old they are. My girlfriend of almost a year didn’t even know my salary until recently (and still doesn’t know my net worth).
The prenup brings about some “reality” lol. She now knows my net worth even if I’m a cheapskate and don’t want to spend above middle class income level money ever. I’m not comfortable with living anywhere near my means. She understands luckily.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:56 AM

8,689 posts, read 3,879,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
The prenup brings about some “reality” lol. She now knows my net worth even if I’m a cheapskate and don’t want to spend above middle class income level money ever. I’m not comfortable with living anywhere near my means. She understands luckily.
I’m not engaged - and unlike you, I don’t discuss my net worth (repeatedly). I live very well; I earn every penny, and I have no qualms about spending some of it (with plenty for investments and savings). Then again, I don’t have a family or kids. If you can’t enjoy money, however, what’s the point?

Old 09-16-2019, 06:58 AM

30 posts, read 28,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Your identity is hidden on this site, isn't it?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:09 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,605,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasmale75225 View Post
Even if it wasn’t what are you going to do with someone income and net worth?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:43 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,675,377 times
What is stupid is people being sensitive and negative about the posters here that give net worth and salary information when over on facebook there are people, with full identity markers, doing the exact same thing (and often giving away a lot more information) and in groups with tens of thousands of other participants.

And then there are the bloggers of the Choose FI community. Lots of those. Many of them VERY open about who they are, what they earn, what they're worth, etc...

People who post negatively here are super ignorant about the social media space of the FIRE community.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:47 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,605,372 times
Or the people who have real money like Bezos. Not hard to figure out some of his numbers as they are public information

Old 09-16-2019, 09:33 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Even if it wasn’t what are you going to do with someone income and net worth?
Ita...........& even more stupid that people would believe anyone that doesn’t blink twice to answer it.....

Old 09-16-2019, 09:39 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times
Quote:
If you don’t lie about your information on your profile....it’s not hard for somebody to maybe figure it out & posts on this forum stay here forever......so you never plan to tell anyone you are here? You know nobody on a personal level? I have some friends who post here.....if you don’t & your life is sooo secret & anonymous, I’m gonna guess you are probably one of the people not answering the question honestly anyways....

Old 09-16-2019, 06:43 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,232,180 times
Quote:
48 years old in Dallas, TX
38k per year
495k net worth. (145k condo paid off, and 350k in investments)
That is very good considering your income. Do you drive a car? Does your company have a pension plan? All your sacrifices have gotten you ahead of the game. Don't forget to splurge once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance