Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 09:43 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Obama didn't take anyone's guns away and Hillary Clinton wouldn't have either. It's only reactionaries who thought that.
Hillary campaigned on UK, and Australian style gun bans, and gun confiscation. Don't get me started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 10:00 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The best neighborhoods to live in the city of Philadelphia with low crime

1. Center City
2. University City
3. Cedar Park
4. Manayunk
5. Chestnut Hill
6. South Philadelphia on Pattison ave near the Sports complex

Worst Neighborhoods to live in the city of Philadelphia with high crime

1. North Philly
2. Kensington
3. Southwest-Kingsessing
4. West Philly past 50th street
5. Frankford
6. Germantown
Not accurate at all-Center City/University City would not be at the top if "crime" is the most important factor for someone. They are wonderful, large dynamic areas-but crime sometimes happens in large cities with tons of people, most of it petty.

"North Philly" is not a neighborhood and Germantown actually has some very low-crime areas and blocks.

Most of the lowest crime neighborhoods in the city are in Northwest and Northeast/Far Northeast Philly. Choosing a neighborhood this way would be forfeiting many of the benefits and attributes of living in a major city, but I digress..

Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Not accurate at all-Center City/University City would not be at the top if "crime" is the most important factor for someone. They are wonderful, large dynamic areas-but crime sometimes happens in large cities with tons of people, most of it petty.

"North Philly" is not a neighborhood and Germantown actually has some very low-crime areas and blocks.

Most of the lowest crime neighborhoods in the city are in Northwest and Northeast/Far Northeast Philly.

Olde City, Rittenhouse, and Schuylkill River Park are very safe areas of Center City.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:11 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,554,265 times
How about you also wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads while walking to protect yourself from getting hurt if you fall down. You should also get a bullet proof vest for extra protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You guys can be a victim. I won't. I go into center city for work, and I am unarmed. I would never go to North or West Philly unarmed. I don't expect to have my house burn down, but I carry homeowner's insurance. This is my OPINION, and yet people tell me to "take it elsewhere".

Old 12-16-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
How about you also wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads while walking to protect yourself from getting hurt if you fall down. You should also get a bullet proof vest for extra protection.
Nobody is telling you what to do, so don't think you can tell me. I don't care if you don't like that I am able to legally carry a firearm. Nobody is telling you that you have to.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:13 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Hillary campaigned on UK, and Australian style gun bans, and gun confiscation. Don't get me started.
What? Tell me about that. I don't remember anything like that and I followed most of her speeches. Was it on her website?
I, tbh, have not looked at the dnc platform stuff lately though.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
What? Tell me about that. I don't remember anything like that and I followed most of her speeches. Was it on her website?
I, tbh, have not looked at the dnc platform stuff lately though.
Watch this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JctBYrIaKvY

Old 12-16-2017, 01:30 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Can we please get back on topic??

Does every topic have to end with Larry, Moe and Curly?? (Better known as Trump, Obama and Clinton)

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 12-16-2017 at 01:40 PM..

Old 12-16-2017, 01:31 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Olde City, Rittenhouse, and Schuylkill River Park are very safe areas of Center City.
Along with Fairmont/Art museum

Old 12-16-2017, 01:54 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Along with Fairmont/Art museum
Art Museum but not too sure about the Fairmount area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia