Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 10:56 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
He's allowed to be out on bail. They paid it. So what? Now if he screws up during his release he will go to jail.

The charges are correct. It's a manslaughter charge. If he's convicted, at man 3, it's a minimum of 20 years. Plus there's the weapon charge so that's possibly more time.

And actually Krasner has been harder on criminally charged and tried people than I thought he would be. He's not letting people off. I might even say I was wrong about him eventually.

What's sad is you are jumping to conclusions because you have never served on jury(right ?)or participated in any actual court case. And you don't follow any other active criminal cases going in Phila so you are clueless about how the current ADA team handles cases. If I'm wrong let me know.
What's silly is how a nonprofit posted his bail, what are the reasons for that?

And regarding your last sentences, you do an awful lot of assuming about posters on here..... You don't even know what I do for a living to make these large generalizing statements.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:42 AM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
What's silly is how a nonprofit posted his bail, what are the reasons for that?

And regarding your last sentences, you do an awful lot of assuming about posters on here..... You don't even know what I do for a living to make these large generalizing statements.
If you read the article, the nonprofit exists because it is critical of the cash bail system - its purpose is to post bail for people. (And I suspect that most of the people it posts bail for couldn't have come up with the 10 percent of the total the courts require to release a person.) That's all the reason it needed.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:13 PM

1,397 posts, read 914,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I saw that which makes it even worse. How can they say that wasn't racially motivated? What are these kids not being taught?
They were "preteen" kids, so maybe 10 or 11. It seems entirely possible that they hadn't gotten to racially motivated violence against freed blacks in the reconstruction South at that point in their schooling.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:28 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
They were "preteen" kids, so maybe 10 or 11. It seems entirely possible that they hadn't gotten to racially motivated violence against freed blacks in the reconstruction South at that point in their schooling.
I think you are naive about preteens, but even if it was done on a subconscious level. Why black? Why hanging? Why do it at all? This isn't putting a whoopy cushion on someone's chair or chewing gum in a back pack or whatever.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:09 PM

752 posts, read 460,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I think you are naive about preteens, but even if it was done on a subconscious level. Why black? Why hanging? Why do it at all? This isn't putting a whoopy cushion on someone's chair or chewing gum in a back pack or whatever.
It seems the Mayor has the answer:

Quote:
“I am sickened by what took place today at Weccacoe Playground. Although the investigation is still underway, I want to immediately condemn this despicable act. It demonstrates how far this country has fallen when people are inspired by the hateful rhetoric of our President. ”

Old 08-03-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Yup.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:22 PM

1,397 posts, read 914,591 times
Why black? Because they had a black doll
Why hanging? No idea, just a thing to do maybe
Why do it at all? To tease a girl whose doll it is, what other purpose to 10 year old boys have?

In our adult context, it immediately seems shocking and racially motivated, but once the perps are known (two little kids, one black, one white), it doesn't seem implausible that they were just teasing some girl with a doll and truly didn't understand the symbolic significance of lynching that it represents to us.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
The president told them to do it????

Old 08-03-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
The president told them to do it????
No of course not, but he has "normalized" behavior that previously was unthinkable.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:50 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Wow, I gotta tell you I am surprised about the reaction to the noose thing. LOL I'm black and most of us think it was a silly prank.

Now don't get me wrong, if you want to get a surefire reaction out of black folk, the easiest way to do it is to start with the KKK and lynching but I do think we can differentiate between 10 year olds and white supremacist.

I'm with Newtown on this one. I think it was one of those "do something really stupid" and think later. LOL, like the wonderful mensa case that was at the airport last April when some friends and I were flying to Florida, boyfriend couldn't get a standby so he got mad and said something like "I need to blow this place up" and then was frantically trying to explain to the cops that came out en masse that it was just a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia