U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 09:46 AM

2,559 posts, read 1,193,516 times

Advertisements

Well, though I don't think such threads helpful, or on crime, or others that we know are city issues worst then others....

Reading a thread in the General US forum with this link and map of states and regions
split between 3-temperaments that seem to dominate.
- Friendly and Conservative
- Relaxed and Creative
- Temperamental and Uninhibited

America's Mood Map: Find Which State Matches Your Personality | Time

Guess there is a reason Philly and even Pitts ..... get flack like this thread topic in their forums.

The Northeast gets the regional - Temperamental and Uninhibited blue color used

But PENNSYLVANIA - get the dark blue STRONGEST claim at being .....

- Temperamental and Uninhibited -- apparently Philly is front and center in our states label here. That even the state gets labeled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 07:17 PM

23,413 posts, read 22,397,469 times
Philly is taking a hit over in the Jersey forum. A family is considering vacationing at the NJ shore and is considering, wants to visit New York City, Philadelphia, and/or Washington DC. There are just a few replies, but the OP was advised to skip Philly and go to Boston because there's more to do, and skip Philly and just go to NYC instead.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:08 PM

21 posts, read 7,705 times
While in center City, you’ll meet a large variety of great and colorful people...it’s a lot of transplants and college students. Step my way in south Philly and you’ll be itching to get out.

We really only like to uber downtown or walk to enjoy passyunk....tucked behind all that are blocks and blocks of ****heads and their kids.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:02 PM

8,508 posts, read 4,633,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Philly is taking a hit over in the Jersey forum. A family is considering vacationing at the NJ shore and is considering, wants to visit New York City, Philadelphia, and/or Washington DC. There are just a few replies, but the OP was advised to skip Philly and go to Boston because there's more to do, and skip Philly and just go to NYC instead.
I scanned that thread and only saw that one poster pushing Boston. The other posts looked fine. Lots of posts now.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:48 AM

315 posts, read 114,184 times
We just spent New Years in your city and absolutely loved it! People were extremely friendly and gave lots of recommendations while chatting with them. We were both mystified by the negative stereotypes. Only "rude" things we did notice were a lot of honking and somewhat aggressive drivers, but we didn't drive in the city fortunately. Overall, we left with a wonderful impression of the city, and it's now on our short list.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:55 AM

14,503 posts, read 7,758,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
We just spent New Years in your city and absolutely loved it! People were extremely friendly and gave lots of recommendations while chatting with them. We were both mystified by the negative stereotypes. Only "rude" things we did notice were a lot of honking and somewhat aggressive drivers, but we didn't drive in the city fortunately. Overall, we left with a wonderful impression of the city, and it's now on our short list.
That is a very common experience. Philly is one of the better people cities, and most people are willing to help you, or at least not be rude.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:52 AM

83 posts, read 22,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
I have just come back from a short trip and found my experience much the same. We didn't find any aggressive drivers until we came back to NY and everyone was gone. The best was actually a SEPTA agent at Jefferson Station who walked us to the track to get to our train. #nothingbadtosay

Old 01-03-2019, 07:22 AM

5,046 posts, read 4,664,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TownDweller View Post
I have just come back from a short trip and found my experience much the same. We didn't find any aggressive drivers until we came back to NY and everyone was gone. The best was actually a SEPTA agent at Jefferson Station who walked us to the track to get to our train. #nothingbadtosay
Glad you had a great trip.

A Philadelphian now in New York, I find Philly drivers to be worse lol. Even my friend who visited was like damn these people are more aggressive than New Yorkers. But that is just a product of a big city

Old 01-03-2019, 08:52 AM

83 posts, read 22,800 times
Maybe I was just lucky, didn't get cut off once and not a single honk. I stayed out of Center City and mostly drove around the inner suburbs and NW Philly.

Old Today, 12:24 PM

6,360 posts, read 6,749,407 times
I didn't know it did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or