Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:20 PM

117 posts, read 251,175 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to swim here in Fountain hills/Scottsdale area? or mesa/tempe would work too. I made the mistake of not living somewhere with a pool and I am a total water baby. Thank for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Make friends with someone who has a pool. Or, join a YMCA or other health club with a pool, would be the next choice. If a pool matters that much to you, I'm surprised you ended up somewhere without one! Good luck!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM

117 posts, read 251,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Make friends with someone who has a pool. Or, join a YMCA or other health club with a pool, would be the next choice. If a pool matters that much to you, I'm surprised you ended up somewhere without one! Good luck!
Well we found an awesome deal in Fountain Hills pretty much and figured we could find somewhere to swim. I am going to look into a YMCA cause I want to start my twins in swimming lessons...Friends would be nice too, we don't know a soul.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,569,502 times
For me, it's gotta be a lap pool for serious fitness swimming only and adults only as well as indoor pool. Just a fact that a summer or two ago the Phoenix parks and recreation closed more than a few outdoor pools because of "fecal incidents" from leaky diapers (not sure if they were old people or young kids!). I don't use community pools for that reason either. I'm paranoid of diseases and of catching illnesses from such a "biological hazard" because if I have a few days of illness I won't get paid for staying home (or in a hospital).

Old 07-04-2010, 04:12 PM

49 posts, read 142,756 times
I can recommend a good family pool in Scottsdale...
get on Shea of course and head for Scottsdale, so go west
on Shea, turn right on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd (you'll be
going north now) its sort of a diagonal street, turn right
again at 100th St, (still north) and turn right again on
Thompson Peak (ha, can't tell ya if its street or whatever)
I've just know it as Thompson Peak! your still going north
too, isn't that odd? Not really, I just had to take you around
the canal where the road goes up over the top of it.
So, go over the canal and look on your right and you will see
the pool. It opened about a year ago and is very clean. I
have no idea what the cost is, it could be free for all I know.
There are other community pools in Scottsdale too but that
would be the closest one to FH.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:29 PM

49 posts, read 142,756 times
also...
Fountain Park has a splash pad for the toddlers.
A splash pad is not a pool or wading pool its a cement
pad where the water splashes up out of the cement
giving the little kids a thrill. Its actually quite nice,
and its shaded and has a few things for them to
play on as well. Its kind of like running through the
sprinklers when you were a kid.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:46 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
Just head out to one of the resorts, such as the JW Mariott at Desert Ridge, they let anyone in. Most resosts this weekend require wirstbands from the front desk, so call around if you plan on going today.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:31 PM

264 posts, read 1,596,019 times
There is a public pool at Scottsdale & Cactus at the Cactus Aquatic Center, think there is also one near McDowelll Mtn someplace.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:33 PM

36 posts, read 72,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares84 View Post
Well we found an awesome deal in Fountain Hills pretty much and figured we could find somewhere to swim. I am going to look into a YMCA cause I want to start my twins in swimming lessons...Friends would be nice too, we don't know a soul.

Peaks Fitness club in Fountain Hills has a pool. I don't belong to the club any more. I moved to the other side of FH. And now go to a different gym. So I don't know if you have to become a full member or if they have special pool deals. It is a decent size pool and it's right in town It will save you on gas, driving time and hassle. Peaks is right on Saguaro Blvd. Not too far from the park.

Even if you do have to become a member, you will have a decent and new gym and a pool. I also met many FH folks at the gym when I first moved here years ago.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 PM

36 posts, read 72,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminaz View Post
Peaks Fitness club in Fountain Hills has a pool. I don't belong to the club any more. I moved to the other side of FH. And now go to a different gym. So I don't know if you have to become a full member or if they have special pool deals. It is a decent size pool and it's right in town It will save you on gas, driving time and hassle. Peaks is right on Saguaro Blvd. Not too far from the park.

Even if you do have to become a member, you will have a decent and new gym and a pool. I also met many FH folks at the gym when I first moved here years ago.
Oh, I forgot to mention that it is an outdoor pool which is nice in summer. I'm not sure if it's heated in the winter. I'm no swimming expert but it looked big enough to do laps to me. It's been awhile since I last saw the pool. I think that you will like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area