Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I read through this thread with some amusement. I thought you were stating that you were overweight and you felt like the right was telling you that you should be taxed more because of that.
No, Phoenixairconcerns did say this I believe, which is why I started this thread.

Quote:
Then you say that the Nazis may want to check to be sure no one over eats.
Yeah, only because of all of photo radar things here and it DOES feel like one lives in a Nazi state. Oh, and people like PAC just MIGHT want to make sure no one overeats, given the OCDness over the air quality here.

Quote:
You move on to say you have no children and resent being taxed for education. You throw in that your parents should have taught you to eat more fruit. And the right doesn't want you to be lesbian. And I'm not sure what the air quality comment means or who said what.
Too much to quote. No, have no kids. Yes, if I were republican I'd complain MUCH more about having to pay for schools when I don't use them, and NO, I am not a lesbian. As to air quality, that poster inspired this thread.

Quote:
The confusing thing is that the right or Nazis aren't the ones legislating what we can eat. It is the blue states pushing laws on everyone and taking our choices away. California and New York are blue states...legislating choices...liberal. The red...right...nazis are for less government control and less taxation. But they also believe that as adults we need to make responsible choices for ourselves whether our parents taught us the right way to eat or save or behave. We are adults and take responsibility for our actions. I also don't think that too many on the right care much if you are a lesbian or not. Most don't care if you have ceremonies and live together as a family. But marriage is between a man and a woman. Create the scenario you want for your union and name it what you want. It just isn't marriage.
Sure, the Blue states want to improve nutrition and health. The Red States are in favor of the MIC and killing people. BIG difference. I am straight but lived in SF long enough to know that no one would choose being gay. Let's just give them fair opportunity.

Quote:
I agree that we should all be able to live our lives without having laws to tell us how to live our everyday lives. I'm just not sure if you understand which side of the fence is forcing their choices on you. It's one thing to push your opinion and quite another to make laws that everyone has to live according to your opinion.

Relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving. Eat as much as you want, have a glass of wine or two and smoke 'em if ya got 'em. For the time being, there are no laws against that if you are outside.
I will never rest, in the face of injustice. I don't care what day of the year it happens to be. Oh, and trust me, red wine and cigs have gotten me through living in this RED state for MANY years. It's legal, I'm responsible, and that is that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 01:16 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
I hail from a BLUE state, spent another 10 in a BLUER state. The statist gestapo is everywhere and in every state. Stop this ignorant babble about how horrid AZ is. Leave if you hate it so much. I've left two states that I hated. It's not hard to do.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:10 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
So is drinking soda, using salt or having fries with your burger

you can't have it both ways

Ponderosa was right on earlier when stating that it's not a red/blue thing or even a certain sect of people.

Funny how you bring up photo radar .... with DPS ending their contract as well as a couple other cities, this red state now has less of a photo radar presence than many of those blue states you love

if you keep trying to look at things through a jaded lense you'll only end up seeing distortion

Old 11-25-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I hail from a BLUE state, spent another 10 in a BLUER state. The statist gestapo is everywhere and in every state. Stop this ignorant babble about how horrid AZ is. Leave if you hate it so much. I've left two states that I hated. It's not hard to do.
Will you AT LEAST let me finish off my house? I have had a guy here working on it for seven weeks (ok, he's slow). Once he's done it can go on the market. Don't worry, I'll leave. I'll leave before prices continue to spiral down and this house is worth zero.

BUT, I do have research to do. The next state MUST be Blue (never had lived in a red state before), must have a high risk insurance pool, must have strong homestead laws, and I have to be able to buy some sort of house there.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
So is drinking soda, using salt or having fries with your burger

you can't have it both ways

Ponderosa was right on earlier when stating that it's not a red/blue thing or even a certain sect of people.

Funny how you bring up photo radar .... with DPS ending their contract as well as a couple other cities, this red state now has less of a photo radar presence than many of those blue states you love

if you keep trying to look at things through a jaded lense you'll only end up seeing distortion
Really? I live in Scottsdale and am pretty sure those cameras are still flashing.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:44 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
The freeway speeding cameras are inoperable. City red-light cameras are still intact.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
The freeway speeding cameras are inoperable. City red-light cameras are still intact.
Thanks, good to know, although I've never been a speeder. It just ticks me off I live in Nazi land at every damn corner in Scottsdale practically.

I can see the cameras on freeways, as they slow down 100 mph speeders. I just cannot see how my driving 47 in a 45 should get me a ticket in Scottsdale. Then again, I can, as it's BIG TIME revenue for the city.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:57 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Thanks, good to know, although I've never been a speeder. It just ticks me off I live in Nazi land at every damn corner in Scottsdale practically.

I can see the cameras on freeways, as they slow down 100 mph speeders. I just cannot see how my driving 47 in a 45 should get me a ticket in Scottsdale. Then again, I can, as it's BIG TIME revenue for the city.
You might be surprised to learn that it was our liberal politicians that supported and implemented the cameras. Now that some of those politicians are gone, some of the cameras have come down. I'm not saying this is a conservative vs. liberal issue, just that those in AZ who strongly pushed for the cameras were definitely liberal.
And, yes, it was a cash grab that mostly didn't work out the way they thought.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:02 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
You might be surprised to learn that it was our liberal politicians that supported and implemented the cameras. Now that some of those politicians are gone, some of the cameras have come down. I'm not saying this is a conservative vs. liberal issue, just that those in AZ who strongly pushed for the cameras were definitely liberal.
I'd like to see those cameras put back on the I10 construction section from Goodyear to Buckeye. Since they came down, the place is insane with people roaring through at 85 mph, jumping across lanes etc. There seems to be a crash a day out there with several of them being fatal. It was a much more ordered scene when they had camera vans.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised, and I have always been in favor of the ones on the freeways, as people just drive too damn fast on the freeways. That leads to fatalities. And I'm a liberal so no qualms there.

What I DO resent are the cameras on the corner of Scottsdale Road and Shea trying to catch anyone two seconds late on turning! And trust me, Scottsdale is loaded with this sort of stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area