Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
dsh

4 posts, read 7,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Clinching West doesnt make a team cool. Wings fans are horrid, ask anyone. Their stupid Red Wings Road Crew that follows them everywhere is the biggest bunch of drunk trailer trash you ever saw. If they throw one more octopus on the ice at the UC, I swear.....

And no way will Stanley be in Detroit next year. Youve lost Lidstrom, Lang, Bertuzzi... Whos holding you up? Aging Hasek and Chelios? Zetterberg and Datsyuk are pretty decent, but you have no standouts on the team anymore. All the wishing in the world wont bring back Yzerman or Howe.
Bump just for Steve-O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:15 PM

812 posts, read 2,308,471 times
Phoenix has way too many vacant homes on the market. Whew, we have a few on my street alone! Not to mention all the subdivions that never sold ouside of Phoenix. We need people in this city to help w/ the economy. If you're worried about traffic, just get a home in the city of Phoenix. The commute, providing you work in Phoenix won't take very long and will save your gas prices. This community desperately needs people to come here and boost the economy. I transplated myself here once upon a time, as did many folks and this is now my home. So many people that are now Phoenicians are not originally from here and would welcome anyone entering "legally"

Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,438,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Phoenix has way too many vacant homes on the market. Whew, we have a few on my street alone! Not to mention all the subdivions that never sold ouside of Phoenix. We need people in this city to help w/ the economy. If you're worried about traffic, just get a home in the city of Phoenix. The commute, providing you work in Phoenix won't take very long and will save your gas prices. This community desperately needs people to come here and boost the economy. I transplated myself here once upon a time, as did many folks and this is now my home. So many people that are now Phoenicians are not originally from here and would welcome anyone entering "legally"
Prinny,

Im just wondering, what happened to those people that used live in the empty houses? did they leave AZ entirely? Are they renting now?

p.s. i just came back from Honolulu last month...I'd looove to move there but man, there's one place that the real estate did not tank but the real estate needs to tank there so I can move there...I got my fingers crossed!

Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM

3 posts, read 10,478 times
Yes Mike, I made the mistake also of being lured here because of a job. But most ( not all I am sure ) of the people here are not very friendly, everyone is a know it all and very self centered. My favorite thing is that people make fun of me being from the south and having an accent so they naturally assume I am stupid or inbred ( which is really odd to me since half of this state are Mormons and I think there inbred track record speaks for itself ). I really like the look on a snooty Scottsdale person's face when they find out I am a graduate of Vanderbilt and the Harvard Business School. As for myself, I am taking my old dumb uneducated butt back to Tennessee to teach International Business at Vanderbilt.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,434,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh View Post
Bump just for Steve-O
I must admit, this crow tastes good.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,478 times
Wake up SPEEDY AZ ! Companies are MOVING OUT OF PHOENIX.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,530,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenncman View Post
Yes Mike, I made the mistake also of being lured here because of a job. But most ( not all I am sure ) of the people here are not very friendly, everyone is a know it all and very self centered. My favorite thing is that people make fun of me being from the south and having an accent so they naturally assume I am stupid or inbred ( which is really odd to me since half of this state are Mormons and I think there inbred track record speaks for itself ). I really like the look on a snooty Scottsdale person's face when they find out I am a graduate of Vanderbilt and the Harvard Business School. As for myself, I am taking my old dumb uneducated butt back to Tennessee to teach International Business at Vanderbilt.
My best friend is from TN and he always says he would rather die then go back. He loves it here. As far as people here being unfriendly to you...there are a few clues as to perhaps why in your post........

Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 PM

812 posts, read 2,308,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2M69 View Post
Prinny,

Im just wondering, what happened to those people that used live in the empty houses? did they leave AZ entirely? Are they renting now?

p.s. i just came back from Honolulu last month...I'd looove to move there but man, there's one place that the real estate did not tank but the real estate needs to tank there so I can move there...I got my fingers crossed!
Not sure where all the people have gone, but just from what I do know which could be wrong, people bough new homes and bigger homes before selling their homes, like my neighbor. Now we have empty homes all over the place and people bought out as I would call it in the country. Yes, I know it's not the country, but since I'm smack dab in the city that's from my understanding.

When I owned a home in Honolulu, the market doesn't tank there. It may stagnate but it stayes steady and real estate never drops because it is so hard to purachse a home. You always have to have money down. Most homes require 20%. Some places 10% depends on location. Then they watch your finances and it takes about 6 months when I had purchased to close the loan. It would vary but takes a very long time. Also they also make sure you have a good chunck of money in the bank so you don't get into a bad situation. No credit card debts when you buy a home there or car loans. That would be a basic home purchase in Honolulu. I'll send you a pm

Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 AM

71 posts, read 354,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
You might want to reconsider. Why? In a nutshell, the entire Phoenix metro area is not the ideal place for a big metropolis like Houston, and I believe we have reached the threshhold on growth, we can't take anymore new residents here. The population of Phoenix is now around 2 million, and I believe it's almost 4 million for the entire metro area. Right now we're not prepared for the huge influx of population. Our freeway system is barely adequate right now,

yeah, ok, there is something very wrong with this. i'm from philly, well suburbs anyway and we haven't even reached the threshhold of growth. we pack in about 1.5 million people into 135 sq. miles. phoenix is no where close to 2 million yet, your stuck with us at 1.5 million to, but your spread out over 450 sq. miles.

the equivalent is ...

People Per Square Mile in PHILADELPHIA: 10,800

People Per Square Mile in PHOENIX: 3,186

another thing is that our metro area population is at 7 million, and yet again, it is on a smaller basis, so maybe you guys should suck it in and give some room for some more people to move into.

and when i used to live in California, there was not one highway that didn't have 6 lanes of traffic, or more. so i'm guessing that phoenix isn't much different. but yet again philly somehow amazes phoenix by having only 2 lanes of traffic to work with instead of 6-8.

all i'm saying is that phoenix can take plenty more people than what its dealing with now. we did, and we're fine.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,024,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan View Post
yeah, ok, there is something very wrong with this. i'm from philly, well suburbs anyway and we haven't even reached the threshhold of growth. we pack in about 1.5 million people into 135 sq. miles. phoenix is no where close to 2 million yet, your stuck with us at 1.5 million to, but your spread out over 450 sq. miles.

the equivalent is ...

People Per Square Mile in PHILADELPHIA: 10,800

People Per Square Mile in PHOENIX: 3,186

another thing is that our metro area population is at 7 million, and yet again, it is on a smaller basis, so maybe you guys should suck it in and give some room for some more people to move into.

and when i used to live in California, there was not one highway that didn't have 6 lanes of traffic, or more. so i'm guessing that phoenix isn't much different. but yet again philly somehow amazes phoenix by having only 2 lanes of traffic to work with instead of 6-8.

all i'm saying is that phoenix can take plenty more people than what its dealing with now. we did, and we're fine.
This is very true for almost every western city. Very low densities in many cities out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area