Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,799,196 times

Advertisements

Right now there is one 4/3 2009/sf for rent. It appears to be an open floor plan from the pics. It's a 2 level.

Regarding options, I would have to speak with the listing agent to see the owner is open to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecomingJane View Post
Thanks Captain Bill. I did read about it in the newsletter. My kids can't wait for it to warm up a little more so they can get back to the "beach".
They should have come out for the Polar Bear Plunge last month.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM

64 posts, read 168,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
They should have come out for the Polar Bear Plunge last month.
We were out of town, but they would have loved it. We need to start practicing our sand castle building for the contest this summer.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
We were out of town, but they would have loved it. We need to start practicing our sand castle building for the contest this summer.
Allright.

I videoed the Polar Bear Plunge, the Dancing Under the Stars, and the Fitness Challenge, as well as all the 25th anniversary functions. I'll be videoing all the events this year and will put them on a cd and give some to the clubhouse to use as they wish.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Allright.

I videoed the Polar Bear Plunge, the Dancing Under the Stars, and the Fitness Challenge, as well as all the 25th anniversary functions. I'll be videoing all the events this year and will put them on a cd and give some to the clubhouse to use as they wish.
They should upload them to the website. Although, there may be issues with having to get permission from people who are in the videos.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
They should upload them to the website. Although, there may be issues with having to get permission from people who are in the videos.
They're all on youtube, and all the people saw they were being videoed. You can legally video people where there is no expectation of privacy.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,240,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtoAZ View Post
My only concern is letting my dog out in the heat of the summer. Those 3-4 HOT months, she'll still have to go out every 4 hours.
You may want to look for a grassy area to walk her, during the hot afternoons. Concrete, especially sitting in full sun, can get scalding hot here.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
They're all on youtube, and all the people saw they were being videoed. You can legally video people where there is no expectation of privacy.
That's good. I didn't know that. I personally don't mind, but I've read about people being unhappy when pictures/videos of them or their kids are put on the web without permission.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
That's good. I didn't know that. I personally don't mind, but I've read about people being unhappy when pictures/videos of them or their kids are put on the web without permission.
I'm very conscious of that, and when someone is obviously being videoed, (and I'm visible and obvious) and don't want to be included, they should ask the person doing the video to edit them out of the picture. It's easy to do. I would be happy to accommodate them.

I don't video kids unless they are in a group function such as the Polar Bear Plunge and the Fitness Challenge, and I do it with permission from Val Vista Lakes for the purpose of promoting the community.

I did not video the recent function at the Elementary school because it was mostly a kids function and although a part of Val Vista Lakes, not primarily a Val Vista Lakes community function.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I'm very conscious of that, and when someone is obviously being videoed, (and I'm visible and obvious) and don't want to be included, they should ask the person doing the video to edit them out of the picture. It's easy to do. I would be happy to accommodate them.

I don't video kids unless they are in a group function such as the Polar Bear Plunge and the Fitness Challenge, and I do it with permission from Val Vista Lakes for the purpose of promoting the community.

I did not video the recent function at the Elementary school because it was mostly a kids function and although a part of Val Vista Lakes, not primarily a Val Vista Lakes community function.
Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Like I said, those things don't bother me but people have all levels of paranoia. I'll have to check out your videos later today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area