Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times

Advertisements

Aw yes, doing the same thing today myself!! As for August I am just wet while laying in the chair. Still out there by the pool, just have to jump in now and again. Make sure you have the umbrella as well, don't want to get crispy. I enjoy all times of year here for the most part. I cry a little when it gets below 50 but I'm a baby and terribly spoiled by this weather.
Cheers HX_Guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I could have worded my reply a bit more clearly... but I guess what I was trying to say is that people should enjoy this while they can. The average temperature in April is 85 degrees. That's not bad but it could be hotter than that where you are. It could be 95 by then too. I should say that Phoenix doesn't start to get "hot" until May because the average temperature by then is 95F. But it can differ by year as we have seen so far in 2012.
Still. The point I was trying to make on your post is that 95 is a peak. In the desert spring temps vary by 30 or more degrees. So the day starts in the 50s/60s (in the burbs) and then PEAKS at 95. There are only a couple hours where that temp is realized or even close. MOST of the day is gorgeous. This goes on through May into mid June when the pre-monsoon heat blast begins and it jumps to the 110s. Even then, though, it is coffee on the patio mornings till around 10-11 am and delicious warm evenings by the pool until the moisture moves in and it gets ugly 24/7.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:31 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Still. The point I was trying to make on your post is that 95 is a peak. In the desert spring temps vary by 30 or more degrees. So the day starts in the 50s/60s (in the burbs) and then PEAKS at 95. There are only a couple hours where that temp is realized or even close. MOST of the day is gorgeous. This goes on through May into mid June when the pre-monsoon heat blast begins and it jumps to the 110s. Even then, though, it is coffee on the patio mornings till around 10-11 am and delicious warm evenings by the pool until the moisture moves in and it gets ugly 24/7.
I totally agree Ponderosa. I moved here last June from Oregon and I couldn't have been happier. Even though it was certainly hot, most of the day was perfectly acceptable and even enjoyable.
Coffee in the mornings by the pool, a cold one again by the pool in the evenings and all is well.
I'm an avid fisherman so getting to the lake at 5:30 am in shorts and a T-shirt when it's 75 or 80 degrees was heavenly. I thought the heat would get me off the lake but as it turns out, I'M ON A LAKE. I'd dive in, cool off, get back in the boat and fish for another while until I get hot again. Then it's off the back of the boat.
It was awesome.
My only complaint was that I wear flip flops and my feet got burnt. I had to remember to put sunblock on the tops of my feet.
I enjoyed the summer because I took advantage of what the high temps had to offer.
I did things in the mornings and evenings or I was in or near cool refreshing water.
I liked my first summer here and I'm looking forward to it when it rolls around.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:40 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
I totally agree Ponderosa. I moved here last June from Oregon and I couldn't have been happier. Even though it was certainly hot, most of the day was perfectly acceptable and even enjoyable.
Coffee in the mornings by the pool, a cold one again by the pool in the evenings and all is well.
I'm an avid fisherman so getting to the lake at 5:30 am in shorts and a T-shirt when it's 75 or 80 degrees was heavenly. I thought the heat would get me off the lake but as it turns out, I'M ON A LAKE. I'd dive in, cool off, get back in the boat and fish for another while until I get hot again. Then it's off the back of the boat.
It was awesome.
My only complaint was that I wear flip flops and my feet got burnt. I had to remember to put sunblock on the tops of my feet.
I enjoyed the summer because I took advantage of what the high temps had to offer.
I did things in the mornings and evenings or I was in or near cool refreshing water.
I liked my first summer here and I'm looking forward to it when it rolls around.
Ha! Now that's how to do it. Don't those summer days make you wish you had a wet slip and all you had to do was turn the key, though?

Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ha! Now that's how to do it. Don't those summer days make you wish you had a wet slip and all you had to do was turn the key, though?
That would be great but I've got the next best thing. I live 15 minutes from Saguaro Lake and about 25 minutes from Canyon Lake. I can leave my driveway and be in the boat scooting across the water at Saguaro in 20 minutes if there is no wait at the ramp.
I'm pretty lucky to have found a house in such a perfect location for me. I couldn't have planned it better.
I got a house with a pool and I'm close to the lakes yet I'm right next to all the stuff the big city has to offer.
I'm not sure I'd like a slip. I'm confined to one lake that way. I'm pretty happy the way things are.
Perfect. At least for me.
I'm thinking about taking the boat for a little ride tomorrow. That's the advantage of being so close to the lakes. No planning. On a moments notice, I can hook up the boat and be on my way with little effort and little expense.
That makes me smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area