Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 8,489 times

Advertisements

Sun City West, AZ - Anyone, put up coyote rollers on their HOA courtyard walls? Allowed? Do they work? Other suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
The companies that make them claim they are HOA approved. I don't know why they wouldn't be.

But do you really have that many coyotes trying to scale your walls?

Come to think of it it would keep the kids out.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
You'll need to check with your HOA to see if they're allowed. Every HOA has different rules.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:30 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
wow, had to look that phrase up!...

Non-Lethal Coyote & Animal Deterrent that Looks Great on Any Fence. Easy Installation! | Coyote Roller

as Steve said, have to wonder if coyotes are really a threat in this manner in Sun City (or even Sun City West!)?....I could see a need for this product in a rural location with tantalizing "snacks" inside the fence....

Old 09-17-2012, 04:32 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Are you having issues with coyotes in your backyard? As as been discussed in the past, coyotes in the backyard of a fenced yard is a rare event.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
wow, had to look that phrase up!...

Non-Lethal Coyote & Animal Deterrent that Looks Great on Any Fence. Easy Installation! | Coyote Roller

as Steve said, have to wonder if coyotes are really a threat in this manner in Sun City (or even Sun City West!)?....I could see a need for this product in a rural location with tantalizing "snacks" inside the fence....

My mom lives in Sun City and there are rabbits everywhere, with yotes not far behind. Plenty of water for them with all the golf courses also. She actually has named several coyotes that show up at her place almost on a nightly basis. So yes, there are plenty of coyotes in Sun City.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:18 PM

741 posts, read 1,678,654 times
Thank you for informing us (ME) that these coyote rollers exist--They probably save countless little lives!! In Mesa, AZ, I was face to face with a coyote that was about to eat one of my chihuahuas..I also spent a lot of time with many of the cops that work with the animal cruelty cases in the Phoenix area and there are a lot more coyote incidents than many people would ever think! I had to look at thousands of images of pets, mostly dogs, that were killed by coyotes, in backyards, that many owners had investigations done for because the pets dont look like one would expect them to look after being killed by a coyote..Coyotes are quick and efficient killers.. They prey on your pets long before you even know that they are around. In just minutes, a coyote will jump a wall into a backyard, and kill a dog or cat very quickly..they go for the soft organs in the abdomen, and then they are gone.. This happens in a few minutes..

The coyote rollers are an excellent invention IMO !!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM

70 posts, read 209,494 times
Default What good are those rollers in this case??

I've seen 2 coyotes jump completely over a block wall from a standstill without even touching the wall. So my question is what will those coyote rollers do for you in that instance??????
Just askin and tellin what I saw. I would not have believed it if I haden't seen it with my own eyes!!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 AM

188 posts, read 515,603 times
Coyotes only need about 2" of flat ledge space to get their paws on to transfer their weight up. Coyotes rollers do a decent job at deterring that by taking up the space visually and then not giving them a flat place to get their paws attached to. We used them on a project in the hills out in East Mesa and they didn't have any problems with coyotes stealing their little dog. Which is ironic... because during construction the coyotes would be hanging out on the job site in the early morning practically everyday.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 8,489 times
Thank you, "Captain Bill" and "sarichter", for your specific responses to coyote rollers. Thank you, all of you, for your thoughts, questions, answers and suggestions. We are moving to Sun City West and trying to allow our cats out into the courtyard, behind a six foot block wall. They are too old to jump out; but, just trying to keep the hungry predators from jumping in. Anyone else, who is actually using them, in their HOA property, in SCW? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area