Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 01:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Isn't it amazing how the individuals who enjoy the benefits and advantages of such services are frequently the ones who believe someone else should foot the bill?
What "services" are you refering to? I've lived here for five years and have never received any service from Maricopa Animal Care and Control other than letters from them telling me to send them money each year for my dog. I pay it but am not happy to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Really? I don't believe you. Didn't you come from Michigan? Michigan requires that all dogs over 4 months be licensed. Licensing is far, far and away the norm in the country. Maybe you just did not care what they law was there just like you don't care about the laws here.
Guilty as charged.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

And I still don't care to pay the intrusive tax.

Hint: It wasn't enforced in my 'lil community.....and they certainly didn't send out a mailer.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
YAZ

Quote:
I wonder if they overlooked it. I was just checking the papers on my pooch that I got for the humane society and there are forms and notifications for registration in there as well as papers you need to get the "discount" for neutering. I let a dog's papers lapse here several years ago and he bit the neighbor one night when a storm knocked down our wall and he got out and got scared and the neighbor tried to catch and hold him. My neighbor was a airline pilot and had to report the bite (just a scratch). Animal control came by to visit. I had his rabies certificates so he did not have to go in for observation, but it cost me $200 in back fees to bring him up to date and keep him out of the pound.

You got bit.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they overlooked it. I was just checking the papers on my pooch that I got for the humane society and there are forms and notifications for registration in there as well as papers you need to get the "discount" for neutering. I let a dog's papers lapse here several years ago and he bit the neighbor one night when a storm knocked down our wall and he got out and got scared. My neighbor was a airline pilot and had to report the bite (just a scratch). Animal control came by to visit. I had his rabies certificates so he did not have to go in for observation, but it cost me $200 in back fees to bring him up to date and keep him out of the pound.
Lol, so in your previous post you tell us to get over it and "It costs money to live in a civilized society where wild dogs packs don't roam the streets.". However, you yourself avoided the fees until you got caught and were forced to pay them to keep your pup out of jail?

So the rest of us should suck it up and accept the fees but you're going to ignore them until you get caught and are forced to pay them?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
What "services" are you refering to? I've lived here for five years and have never received any service from Maricopa Animal Care and Control other than letters from them telling me to send them money each year for my dog. I pay it but am not happy to do so.
I don't pay it and am happy to not do so......

Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Lol, so in your previous post you tell us to get over it and "It costs money to live in a civilized society where wild dogs packs don't roam the streets.". However, you yourself avoided the fees until you got caught and were forced to pay them to keep your pup out of jail?

So the rest of us should suck it up and accept the fees but you're going to ignore them until you get caught and are forced to pay them?
Ponderosa's public service announcement.

Sounds funny at first, but maybe...just maybe.....

just wants us to not have to go through the hassle.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:

I was young and irresponsible (and broke) then. I pay them now. And my dog is not spayed so it is not cheap. Back then the vets were not required to report rabies vaccinations. I think it is a good idea to have the rabies shot regardless as we have rabid vampire bats here (for real!!) and dogs can be bit by them. But these days, when you get a rabies vaccine it is only a short time until the license demand comes in the mail. The fine for not paying is staggering so after three years they are going to catch you (send a notice) and the costs will be bad.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM
YAZ

Quote:
I was young and irresponsible (and broke) then. I pay them now. And my dog is not spayed so it is not cheap. Back then the vets were not required to report rabies vaccinations. I think it is a good idea to have the rabies shot regardless as we have rabid vampire bats here (for real!!) and dogs can be bit by them. But these days, when you get a rabies vaccine it is only a short time until the license demand comes in the mail. The fine for not paying is staggering so after three years they are going to catch you (send a notice) and the costs will be bad.
Rabies is the real deal.

And I don't have any problem with a mandate that requires vaccinations.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I agree rabies and other vaccines are fine to require and would accept paying a "fine" if I neglected to get my dog vaccinated.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:19 PM
YAZ

Quote:
I agree rabies and other vaccines are fine to require and would accept paying a "fine" if I neglected to get my dog vaccinated.
Yep!

And a pass on the intrusive tax when ya show proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area