Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM

41 posts, read 237,195 times

Advertisements

I have asked this question in order threads and saw others asking with no reply. My thought is that maybe the question about Queen Creek was burried in the other threads as someone has to know why the housing is so cheap in Queen Creek and why the number of foreclosures seems so much higher than for other communities.

If anyone has the answer to this question, please let us know, as I am not the only inquiring mind. The homes seem almost new and spacious and the prices are like low 100 000s. I first I thought that it was because the land was not included but after checking this out with an agent, she stated that the land is included but never answered my question as to why the properties are so cheap and why there are so many foreclosures.

If anyone can enlighten, please do so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 06:58 PM

56 posts, read 266,928 times
Could be several things, Might be bad neighborhoods which can mean lots of thefts.Could be just a run up in prices and thats the going rate now.Could be bad builders have built the houses and the words out now. The only way to sell a house in this market is to LOWER the price it really is that simple.Keep an eye on the area and if they are selling then you just have people who have wised up and really do want to sell. There might be nothing wrong with the area just people who want to sell.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:13 PM

343 posts, read 553,018 times
Investors bought when prices here were less than in closer to Phoenix.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,407,052 times
It's in the middle of nowhere and there were tons of people who over bought out there thinking that the market would keep going up. Now that isn't happening so you have a bunch of un-lived in homes held by "investors," properties that have been foreclosed, and half-built neighborhoods where the builder has ether went under or refuses to take any additional risk. Add to that it is in BFE and miles from anything (including jobs). So, that is why it is cheap.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Bfe

Excuse my lack of knowledge but what is BFE?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:23 PM

343 posts, read 553,018 times
Yeah! Can I get sandals with that?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:25 PM

13 posts, read 94,568 times
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a related questions.

I am considering buying a second home in Arizona, unsure about Tucson or Phoenix, but where ever we end up, it will only be a place we will live in for about 5 or 6 months a year - maximum

We are undecided about living in a retirement community, or just out in a regular suburb. Queen's Creek is one community we have our eye on as the prices seem so reasonable, and it is still not too far to get to the city for shopping etc.

How does this neighborhood shape up for part-time residents??? Thanks to anyone who might know about this community, and add to the great information already in this thread.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,407,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabfon View Post
Excuse my lack of knowledge but what is BFE?
BF Egypt.

It means in the middle of nowhere.

Try google to figure out what the first two letters stand for if you still don't get it.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:31 PM

Default This forum is more educative than I thought.... lol

:d:d:d:d:d:d

Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

13 posts, read 94,568 times
hahahahaha - I got it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area