Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times

Advertisements

It's a very rural area. Cant imagine there's much crime there other than a few teenagers smoking pot or some small time theft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 04:40 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,763 times
I would not buy anything, just rent. I worked in Coolidge Schools for 13 years, just left this last year, and drove in everyday from Chandler. After a while you will see you get treated like crap and will start looking in Kyrene, Chandler, Gilbert, and closer to Phx area. If I had to choose, I would say live in Chandler. It's a 35 minute drive in and you will be in a nice area and when you drive in to work it is against traffic on pretty much empty roads.

Hopefully, you have a good principal who will support you and is not fired at the end of the year and you will learn to like it. I have no issue with the area or kids and hated leaving there, but administration will make it hard for you. Have a nice home life since school will be tough.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 440 times
Getting ready to make the big move, need advice where to settle in in AZ. We are a family with 3 small kids, grandpop, and were looking at Gilbert, Chandler, and San Tan Valley. We are from Philadelphia and are looking for to escape the hustle and bustle of east coast living. We were born and raised here and want a change for our kids. Any advice would be comforting

Old 11-26-2016, 11:22 AM

576 posts, read 830,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurendepaul View Post
Getting ready to make the big move, need advice where to settle in in AZ. We are a family with 3 small kids, grandpop, and were looking at Gilbert, Chandler, and San Tan Valley. We are from Philadelphia and are looking for to escape the hustle and bustle of east coast living. We were born and raised here and want a change for our kids. Any advice would be comforting
You will have better luck starting a new thread rather than replying to a 3 year old thread. Also, much more info is needed as to what you want. There is a huge difference between Gilbert/Chandler and San Tan Valley. Where will your jobs be? What is your budget? How big of a house do you need? What are your desires for a neighborhood? Etc., etc. Where should I live is a tad bit of a broad question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area