Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 PM

3 posts, read 34,870 times

Advertisements

FireRedflex.com - Information about Redflex and photo enforcement that they don't want you to know about funny how our govt allows a company like this to operate- i bet the schools used in el mirage are puttin some out to redflex - the whole things a scam all of you that say you brook the law pay are idiots who drops the speed on an AZ state road from 55 to 45 in an area that is safe-only the Mayor vouched for it being unsafe-no real stats-Mayor Jodi Arias i bet - you want some fun, when the gilbert pd needs a few bucks go see what they are like on greenfield near werner at the school zone -4 MC cops ticketing people driving 15 miles per hour because they approached to fast - I used to work for a PD that did that and they lost public confidence-they are not supposed to be out to make money-by the way if you pay the fine instead of school the PD doesnt make as much thats why they make the fine "approximately" 12 miles over =LIarsssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,977 times
Default Not Guilty

I was photo-d by the camera at Grand and Primrose for 57 in a 45. I know for a fact that I wasn't speeding, but I don't know how to prove it. I had just entered Grand about 300 yards up the road and I was warned specifically about that camera from someone that had already got a camera ticket there.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I was doing 57 through that intersection. My speedometer shows about 2 miles an hour faster at 60 mph than actual speed anyway so I would have had to have been doing about 59 to get a 57 reading. There is no way that I accellerated to 59 in 300 yards - it would have had to have been a very intentional effort to gun my old car up to a fast speed in a very short distance.

Additionally, since my friend had received a speeding ticket from that camera - they warned me to watch my speed at that intersection - and I did. There is no way that I was speeding. No way.

How do I find out how they calibrate and challenge this ticket. It is blantantly false and just pure theft.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,053,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakep View Post
I was photo-d by the camera at Grand and Primrose for 57 in a 45. I know for a fact that I wasn't speeding, but I don't know how to prove it. I had just entered Grand about 300 yards up the road and I was warned specifically about that camera from someone that had already got a camera ticket there.

There is absolutely NO WAY that I was doing 57 through that intersection. My speedometer shows about 2 miles an hour faster at 60 mph than actual speed anyway so I would have had to have been doing about 59 to get a 57 reading. There is no way that I accellerated to 59 in 300 yards - it would have had to have been a very intentional effort to gun my old car up to a fast speed in a very short distance.

Additionally, since my friend had received a speeding ticket from that camera - they warned me to watch my speed at that intersection - and I did. There is no way that I was speeding. No way.

How do I find out how they calibrate and challenge this ticket. It is blantantly false and just pure theft.
I'm guessing there's not much chance of that. It's a pure revenue generating scam that they're raking it in by the buckets full. From what I've been hearing you're guilty unless you are guilty.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,526,724 times
Actually, you can beat these tickets, and people do every day. These 2 links are a start, feel free to Google for more:

Photo Radar Scam - Info on How to Beat Your Photo Radar or Red Light Camera Tickets in Court!

http://www.adrenalinelimit.com/Artic...oto_Radar.html

If everyone would contest these things, they'd probably have to take all these cameras down, as they really are a scam and highly unconstitutional (such as the right to face one's accuser, which has to be a person, not a piece of equipment).

Don't just cave in and pay it, fight back!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM

I do have to bring up one point that interests me. On Olive Ave at El Mirage there are speed/red light cameras both east and west. On the eastbound side there's no signs warning of the photo zone but on the westbound side there's 2 signs of course facing east to warn westbound drivers. How can someone believe that one camera was the one that got you (except they say so) vs the other unsigned camera? Shouldn't that whole intersection be invalidated?

Old 07-25-2013, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,789 times
I just got one in the mail .... will ingnore like the ones I got years ago from on the 101.
Also -- just moved to NV --- so dont see it being an issue.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,658 times
Someone came over to my house claiming to be law enforcement. He was wearing a wrinkled shirt and shorts. He was asking if I was who I was. I would not answer his question because when I asked for credentials, he would just answer with another question but now he was raising his voice to me. I told him I was calling the police and I closed the door. He proceeded to yell more, banging on my window and door. The police told me there was no law enforcement dispatched to my house. Honestly, this guy was angry and banging on the door and window, I thought it was the beginning of a home invasion. My son was scared out of his mind and my daughter woke up from all the commotion.

Later that evening, I opened the door and a document about a speeding ticket from El Mirage was flying around my lawn. Honestly, at that point, I didn't know if that guy faked the documents to gain entry to my house and I scared him off by calling the police or if he really was a server.

What I did was mailed the documents back to Traffic Dept of El Mirage with a letter explaining this guys hostile actions. I never bothered reading the document because in the picture, you can't even tell if it's me or my car. The personal info on the document was correct but he could have gotten that from my trash. If they want to serve me, don't send a shady prick and say you're law enforcement then scare the crap out of my kids. I am debating on calling the news and see if they want to do a story on this.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshp123 View Post
Someone came over to my house claiming to be law enforcement. He was wearing a wrinkled shirt and shorts. He was asking if I was who I was. I would not answer his question because when I asked for credentials, he would just answer with another question but now he was raising his voice to me. I told him I was calling the police and I closed the door. He proceeded to yell more, banging on my window and door. The police told me there was no law enforcement dispatched to my house. Honestly, this guy was angry and banging on the door and window, I thought it was the beginning of a home invasion. My son was scared out of his mind and my daughter woke up from all the commotion.

Later that evening, I opened the door and a document about a speeding ticket from El Mirage was flying around my lawn. Honestly, at that point, I didn't know if that guy faked the documents to gain entry to my house and I scared him off by calling the police or if he really was a server.

What I did was mailed the documents back to Traffic Dept of El Mirage with a letter explaining this guys hostile actions. I never bothered reading the document because in the picture, you can't even tell if it's me or my car. The personal info on the document was correct but he could have gotten that from my trash. If they want to serve me, don't send a shady prick and say you're law enforcement then scare the crap out of my kids. I am debating on calling the news and see if they want to do a story on this.
Stop debating and do so. There's no reason for someone working for a public agency to act like this and should be addressed before someone gets hurt or arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area