Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:26 AM

92 posts, read 421,652 times

Advertisements

Here's what you can expect when you wake up and your car wasn't in the garage. It's not my car, but it is across the street.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture of Laveen-car-blocks.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 11:14 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Ouch...I know Laveen is not the best area but it could happen in any valley location....even Scottsdale.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:23 AM

267 posts, read 885,298 times
My husband is a cop and yeah, that kind of stuff happens all over the valley.

I lived in North Scottsdale for about 10 months back in 2003-2004 and two cars on my block got broken in to during that time.

It's more of an Arizona-wide problem than simply a Laveen problem.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
I hope they find who did that, and proceed to beat them mercilessly with the tire iron they stole the wheels with. Cowardly bastards.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 PM

264 posts, read 1,085,817 times
See, to me that neighborhood looks really nice, good landscaping, nice car.. what am I missing?

That thing can happen anywhere in AZ or where I live.. My brother had his spoiler TORN off of his trunk a bunch of years back.

If you have nice wheels, put your car in the garage.. again are people that dense in Arizona? If you have something valuable and accessible to scum, they WILL take it.

I'm guessing that car did not have an alarm either... again, double the lack of common sense.

Use common sense or you'll be easy prey.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 PM

709 posts, read 2,180,851 times
If you want to keep your property in Phoenix, AZ you need an armed guard watching it 24/7 and that probably won't be 100% secure. In the 8 months my son lived in Phoenix he had his front bumper stolen, a window bashed out and the last straw, he was carjacked and robbed at gun point. If I never go to Phoenix again it will be to soon!

Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger6087 View Post
If you want to keep your property in Phoenix, AZ you need an armed guard watching it 24/7 and that probably won't be 100% secure. In the 8 months my son lived in Phoenix he had his front bumper stolen, a window bashed out and the last straw, he was carjacked and robbed at gun point. If I never go to Phoenix again it will be to soon!
So this doesn't ever happen anywhere else but Phoenix right? please...

I'm so sick and tired of people who bash Phoenix for problems that literally EVERY metro area in the U.S. deals with.

I'm sympathetic with your son, that would really, really suck but really now.. you can't tell me this is isolated to Phoenix alone.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy38 View Post

I'm so sick and tired of people who bash Phoenix for problems that literally EVERY metro area in the U.S. deals with.

I'm sympathetic with your son, that would really, really suck but really now.. you can't tell me this is isolated to Phoenix alone.
PHX has been the car-theft capital of the USA a few times, so yes, it is a big problem in many areas of the Valley. I live in a metro with over twice as many people and have never had any issues, nor have any of my friends and family, but almost everyone I know in the PHX area who has lived there or who lives there had some kind of theft occur to their vehicles. Of course PHX isnt the only place where that stuff occurs, but the levels of theft there are very high and I think the locals have every right to voice their opinions, especially those directly affected (ie the person above).

Old 04-18-2008, 03:46 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy38 View Post
No, Phoenix just happens to be a place where it happens more than some other places. And I'm sure there are places where it happens a lot more than Phoenix.

And where did the poster you replied to suggest it was only in Phoenix? He was just talking about his own personal experiences there and why he wouldn't return.

Phoenix is a good place and I grew to enjoy it when I lived there, but nothing wrong with admitting it's crime rate is a tad high, especially when it comes to auto theft. Do some people over exaggerate though? You becha.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:26 PM

I'm not saying the guy can't express his frustration but to say " If you want to keep your property in Phoenix, AZ you need an armed guard watching it 24/7 and that probably won't be 100% secure." Is to me, an extreme statement. I had my house broken into during a day at work, had my LCD tv ripped from my wall and I will return to Calgary one day but that's not why i'm moving to Arizona.

Unless you live in isolation, you will be exposed to bad people.

The way he said it, to me was a shot at the entire Phoenix area as if it didn't happen anywhere else.. I understand his frustration and I know i'd be really pissed off if that happened to me in my time in Phoenix but I wouldn't curse out the city as a whole.

But as you said.. it seems as though Car theft is 3x higher than the national average.. which does suck.
Moderator cut: link to a competitors site removed

Last edited by Yac; 05-09-2008 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area