Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:25 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times

Advertisements

A bonfire is a dry heat too, but I don't plan on walking into one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Imagine if a bonfire was humid too! Much hotter LOL! Well, I'm glad you are smart enough to avoid doing that, sounds dangerous.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
And, who cares? You are welcomed to not read our comments or discussion. Notice how neither I nor Steve-o resorted to name calling, unlike you. If you have nothing to offer or do not wish to add something of value then why even take the time to make a comment like yours? Back on topic, its a dry heat, LOL.
I wonder if you have such a big mouth and are as brave in the real world as you are here.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,268 times
FCorrales, having lived in both AZ and NM (in ABQ now), I take exception to your calling NM a dump. Scenery is spectactular here in much of the state. There is good and bad in both states, much to admire and much to denigrate. Have you ever been to Gila Bend? As forlorn a town I've ever seen in my life, and the scenery from Phoenix to Yuma is some of the bleakest, ugliest I've ever seen--- matching those less appealing areas in NM.

Santa Fe is one of the most cultivated, historical cities in the country. It's always attracted artists and writers, people with fine sensibilities who appreciate its unique character. Scottsdale is pretty and moneyed with superb shopping ,but to compare Santa FE to the bland, uncultured resort of Scottsdale is laughable.

Had to get me two cents in here...

Old 06-24-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
I wonder if you have such a big mouth and are as brave in the real world as you are here.
I love my big mouth! LOL, actually I'm tackful having grown up in the military and having served six years myself. But when provoked, my mouth does tend to open...never to "put down" but to stand up. Have to having been where I been and gay at that. So, maybe that answers your question?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
FCorrales, having lived in both AZ and NM (in ABQ now), I take exception to your calling NM a dump. Scenery is spectactular here in much of the state. There is good and bad in both states, much to admire and much to denigrate. Have you ever been to Gila Bend? As forlorn a town I've ever seen in my life, and the scenery from Phoenix to Yuma is some of the bleakest, ugliest I've ever seen--- matching those less appealing areas in NM.

Santa Fe is one of the most cultivated, historical cities in the country. It's always attracted artists and writers, people with fine sensibilities who appreciate its unique character. Scottsdale is pretty and monied with superb shopping ,but to compare it to the bland, uncultured resort of Scottsdale is laughable.

Had to get me two cents in here...
Cool, I value your opinion, but could not agree less.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
And I'm not gonna argue the Santa Fe thing...except to say that its over-rated and a lacking copy of Scottsdale (except in the high mountains), Sedona (except no redrocks)
Whoa, whoa, whoa... PLEASE tell me you didnt just say that. First off, if anything, Scottsdale is a cheap imitation of Santa Fe. You borrow its architectural style, its world-renowned (and unique) cuisine... and fell way short. Santa Fe is FAR more of an intruiging city than strip-mall and resort-filled Scottsdale. Where in Scottsdale can you find a Palace of the Governors? The oldest known house in America? TRUE (and abundant) adobe architecture? Loretto Chapel? San Miguel Mission? True that the new parts of Sante Fe are not quite as special, but the old parts of Santa Fe absolutely reek of Spanish and Native American history, and it still retains its charm, unlike Scottsdale. Sorry, there's just no comparing the two.

As for dry heat again........ AZ is very dry, and VERY hot. I dont mind it when the sun goes down, but when the sun is up and blazing and its 115 degrees, I dont care what they say... its miserable. Just as miserable, IMO, as Miami (who's breezes actually feel cool... but swampy).

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Groove,

in lieu of a brazilian wax job, i like to graze my butt on top of a bonfire to singe the hair! it does an excellent job of hair removal~! should try it sometimes.....loooove me some heat!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
to love, tell me, are you really as STERILEEEE and anal as you seem? take it eaaaaasy there guy...you don't have to read their posts...I thoroughly enjoy reading theirs....as well as yours too, i might add!

if reading their posts works you up, stop reading them and go back and read all mine and tell me what you think of my posts? I'd love to hear your review of my posts cuz i reall reall really do care about what peoples say on here!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa... PLEASE tell me you didnt just say that. First off, if anything, Scottsdale is a cheap imitation of Santa Fe. You borrow its architectural style, its world-renowned (and unique) cuisine... and fell way short. Santa Fe is FAR more of an intruiging city than strip-mall and resort-filled Scottsdale. Where in Scottsdale can you find a Palace of the Governors? The oldest known house in America? TRUE (and abundant) adobe architecture? Loretto Chapel? San Miguel Mission? True that the new parts of Sante Fe are not quite as special, but the old parts of Santa Fe absolutely reek of Spanish and Native American history, and it still retains its charm, unlike Scottsdale. Sorry, there's just no comparing the two.

As for dry heat again........ AZ is very dry, and VERY hot. I dont mind it when the sun goes down, but when the sun is up and blazing and its 115 degrees, I dont care what they say... its miserable. Just as miserable, IMO, as Miami (who's breezes actually feel cool... but swampy).
Stevo, but you gotta admit that the women are smarter and hotter in Scottsdale and Miami vs. New Mexico? so I go where women are smarter and hotter, like the weather! Only thing I care to know about Santa Fe is that Jerry Garcia mentioned it in one of his songs!(ok, i was kidding about the smarter part, sue me but it sounds better)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area