Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:46 AM

55 posts, read 343,559 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with North Country Road in Mesa? Good or bad area for restaurants? We are not familiar with it at all but know of a place for sale. Should we bother taking a look at it when we get there? Thanks to you all for your help!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
I think you are looking for N. Country Club Drive? It’s a main north/south street in Mesa. Looks like a location that would be north of what is considered the old downtown area of the city. Most of the street going north has small commercial or retail businesses. If the address is numbered near 1500 ~ 2000 North Country Club it would be close to the cross street named McKellips and would be near an exit of the Red Mountain Freeway or 202 loop that goes by the area of north Mesa. There is a mixture of low to medium priced homes in the area. It’s an older established area of north Mesa. I can’t comment on crime but I would believe it’s just about like the rest of the city. I believe this area gets its share of auto traffic but there is very little if any office or manufacturing type of businesses that would give you “workers” looking for lunch.

If the property is for sale and should you bother taking a look at it depends on how much they want for the property and the exact location and condition that it is in. However for an “opinion only” and I don’t know what I’m doing most of the time, I’d pass on it; but you don’t have anything to lose if it’s available when you’re in town and you can see it yourself. Are you coming to the area to see some property soon?

You may want to lease space instead of buying a location. If the location isn’t working out you can move much easier when the lease is up then trying to sell property and move anyway.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:21 PM

The property actually is #154 I believe. A former Mexican restaurant. Just inquiring. I saw it for sale on a commercial property website. I am trying to gather as much info. as possible, been in touch with a couple of brokers as well so that when we get there we have a feel for the areas we want to spend time in. Thank you!!

Old 02-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Ok,,, 154 N Country Club Rd would be the cross streets at Main St. & Country Club in the downtown area of Mesa. I’m trying to remember more about that location but just can’t get a good picture in my mind yet. All I can tell you is that it’s in an area of more commercial businesses and there would be good vehicle traffic but may not have many walk-bys. There are several municipal office buildings, a post office, and a library within a half mile away from that address location. Try this, I went to google “maps” and entered this address 154 N. Country Club Rd. Mesa Az.~ you can zoom in closer and also click the "satellite button" on the top right side of the screen, you’ll see that there is a good business area around that address. The satellite view helps to see what buildings are around that location.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:50 PM

Cool Birds eye view

Google maps with the satellite view is helpful to view an address or area of the metro valley. If you have other address locations you can check them out also.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 AM

Exclamation Cooking with gas

ms973

Another item to keep in mind when looking for locations, there may not be “natural gas” for use in all metro valley areas, and I know that is important to someone in the restaurant business. So if you’re talking with a realtor or looking at locations online, please keep that thought in mind.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the tip! I guess will have to use charcoal - tastes better anyway .

Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM

4 posts, read 13,022 times
I know there is a Brazilian Restaurant in Scottsdale, upscale type, churrasqueria.

I will recommend more into the Phoenix area, there is none and just a couple of good Cuban restaurants.

Because I travel all over Arizona, I will keep my eyes open if I see anything that might interest you, if you want. I deal with a lot of hispanic and latin markets for work.

Good luck.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 7,582 times
There is also a Brazilian Steakhouse in Chandler... Fogo de Brasa

quite expensive but great food!

Old 03-31-2007, 12:12 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
I love Brasillian food!! For a $10 avg/person meal would rock! What's that powdery stuff you can put on food? falofa or something? It's soooo good!

I remember visiting Brasil like 13 years ago and there was this chain place that sold pastries - not desserts but salty pastries and I couldn't get enough of them!

I would be very excited at the prospect of a Brasilian restaurant in town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area