Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM

435 posts, read 1,575,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
The predictions you make on real estate are entirely speculation. I am in the business and I have no way of KNOWING that the market will be experiencing a correction for the next several years. Sorry Steve, you just should not state this as fact. It may, it may not...nobody knows. It is just like a stockbroker telling you what the stock market is going to do....portraying as anything other than an opinion is irresponsible.
It's true, what I'm saying is speculation; on the other hand, all you have to do is take a look at what's happening to the housing market both in Phoenix and nationally to know that we're in the middle of a major real estate crisis, and we're still on the way down as far as average prices go. It's not just me, the economic experts are pretty much in agreement on this one. It's a simple question of supply versus demand, and there's too much supply right now, especially in a place like Phoenix which grew too big too fast and saw a major inflationary run-up in prices a few years back.

Housing prices in Phoenix were, and still are, artificially high compared with what the market bears and what the average home buyer can qualify for here, especially with tighter restrictions now on loan approval criteria; there has to be a correction, and until there is, nothing is going to move. I don't think it's irresponsible to say that. All you have to do is pick up the Economist, the WSJ, or any one of a number of other publications and you'll read the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Actually the area bounded by Camelback Rd on the south, the Squaw Peak freeway (AZ52) on the east, Glendale Rd on the North and 7th Street on the west is quite nice.

Drive around those residential areas - you will be pleasantly surprised. The houses are in the $300 to $400K range.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:40 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,838 times
If my company told me I had to move to Phoenix I would quit. I lived in Phoenix for 5 years near 7th Street/Thomas and it was a nice area. Now its common for shootings every month.

You need to ask yourself is your job worth moving to Phoenix.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
If my company told me I had to move to Phoenix I would quit. I lived in Phoenix for 5 years near 7th Street/Thomas and it was a nice area. Now its common for shootings every month.

Not every area of Phx is like 7th st and Thomas. You can't judge the whole city based off of one area.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:46 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,838 times
Sable

When I was in Phoenix I worked for Phoenix FD. Sure there are nice areas. My problem was not with 7th Street/Thomas. My problem was it was just so darn big and neighborhoods were dynamic. One year a neighborhood was nice and two years later it was going down the pooper.

Frankly it reminded me of LA and I don't like much of California (exception: San Diego).

I'll close by saying I am happy where I live now and continue to visit Arizona only for the purpose of conducting business.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:33 PM

235 posts, read 922,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post

There aren't shootings every month in that area. I'm willing to bet you lived there a long time ago. We get that you don't like Phoenix, no need to make things up.

Last edited by Bill-; 09-28-2007 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area