Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 03:51 PM

148 posts, read 302,282 times

Advertisements

I'm reading this thread with great interest. I remember my first Christmas in Az. my friend and I decided to spend the day at the Grand Canyon. On the way to the Canyon there were cacti with glass Christmas balls at their bases.

I had to blink twice because it was the most paradoxical thing I had ever seen. Desert, no snow and decorations at the base of cacti. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 03:55 PM

371 posts, read 1,008,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikats View Post
I'm reading this thread with great interest. I remember my first Christmas in Az. my friend and I decided to spend the day at the Grand Canyon. On the way to the Canyon there were cacti with glass Christmas balls at their bases.

I had to blink twice because it was the most paradoxical thing I had ever seen. Desert, no snow and decorations at the base of cacti. LOL.
The Canyon is nice at Christmas...usually some snow there...PHX is just depressing then...unless you were born in dirt and that is all you know...

Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I am so tired of it. Had to put the AC back on today cause I couldn't take it. For Pete's Sakes, its almost Halloween. This is ridiculous. What if its still in the 90s on Thanksgiving, and Christmas? Is anyone else tired of the AZ heat like I am? WAA WAA ... I wanna sell my house.

To all of those who say that just the summer is bad here...the summer is half of the year.

I too, think it is too hot. I have had my airconditioning on since I moved here.
I miss the fall too, with the trees. Maybe I can get back to deciduous living again.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
I can appreciate the tradition of a "White Christmas", but I wish it would only snow xmas eve, xmas day and then never again after!
Well, we love winter sports that require snow...so the longer the better!

If you are active snow/winter season is great...nice temps to run in, snowshoe in, ski in, play hockey on real ice ponds, etc.

Most non active people hate the winter because they just are in it from their car to house.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:59 PM

148 posts, read 302,282 times
Yes, there was some snow there to my complete surprise. Just served to show me that preconceived notions should be cast aside.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:00 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
Phoenix would actually make you miss humidity...dry skin, lips, nasal passages, dehydration, etc.

How hot? Well consider most years have over 100 days of 100+ degrees and temps that can top out at 120...with 110-115ish being somewhat routine.
In the summer, at night, it NEVER cools off. Doesn't go below the 90's, which I find amazing, since back east, you can have a day in the high 90's, but it eventually cools off at night.

My skin and hair are so dry here. The humidity is good for your skin, except here, in the summer, when it is humidity and 115.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikats View Post
Yes, there was some snow there to my complete surprise. Just served to show me that preconceived notions should be cast aside.
Northern AZ is truly AWESOME climate wise...four seasons and it is actually green and gets precipitation! Wow! Most people wouldn't even guess N. AZ is actually Arizona!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:02 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
i love the cold, snow, and everything that comes with it. My wife hates the cold, snow and everything with it. I wish we could live in somewhere cold

Old 10-31-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
In the summer, at night, it NEVER cools off. Doesn't go below the 90's, which I find amazing, since back east, you can have a day in the high 90's, but it eventually cools off at night.

My skin and hair are so dry here. The humidity is good for your skin, except here, in the summer, when it is humidity and 115.
Yeah, most people say dry heat but monsoon season is at least a couple months long...and it is super hot and humid and usually rains maybe an inch over the whole time period...while the stupid newspeople plan their whole day on broadcasting 'Storm Watches'...LMAO

Old 10-31-2008, 04:03 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Yes, on a Christmas card.
There's a reason they paint the cards like that, because its ideal and magical. The best thing is that come winter, I get to live those Christmas cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area