Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 950 times

Advertisements

I got in a car accident and was given a fix it ticket by the officer for no insurance, the car is not in driving conditions at the moment, how can I fix the ticket now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
You had to have insurance at the time you were given the ticket and just provide proof. Otherwise you will be fined for not having insurance.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:38 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreaarrieta26 View Post
I got in a car accident and was given a fix it ticket by the officer for no insurance, the car is not in driving conditions at the moment, how can I fix the ticket now ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
You had to have insurance at the time you were given the ticket and just provide proof. Otherwise you will be fined for not having insurance.

Kurt's right, If you didn't actually have insurance coverage at the time you got the ticket, it wasn't a "fix it" ticket because there's no way to "fix it" except to pay the ticket and to get insurance so it won't happen again. If you had coverage, but just didn't have the paperwork with you to show the officer, that is a "fix it" that you can take care of by taking paperwork that shows you did have coverage that day to the court. Whether the car is drivable at the moment has nothing to do with the ticket, or getting insurance, for that matter. If you didn't have coverage, best get it in place before you get the car back on the road.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:13 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
If you did not have insurance as opposed to simply not having the paper to prove it, you are in deep. There is a fine of about $1000 and your license and registration will be suspended for three months (a judge can reduce that in some circumstances). You will also have to get an SR-22 proof of insurance to get your plates and license back. SR-22 insurance costs much more than a regular policy.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:31 AM

2 posts, read 1,112 times
I had a fender bender in Phoenix, AZ and go 2 charges on my ticket. One was moving violation which I took traffic school for. The other was no proof of insurance. It was a friend's car and I just didn't have the most up-to-date card with me. I have the card now and sent a copy via email to the court, but haven't heard back from them yet. My court date is next week. Do I have to still go or was sending the card enough? There's never a voice on the end of the phone when I call the court. It's only automated. How do I find out my status?

Old 12-23-2018, 11:51 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,226,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
In ca if you dont have proof its a fix it ticket with a automatic 25.00 fine (no exceptions). The state calls it a administration fee. I call it theft.
I call it more money for cronies.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:57 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,226,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNChick View Post
I had a fender bender in Phoenix, AZ and go 2 charges on my ticket. One was moving violation which I took traffic school for. The other was no proof of insurance. It was a friend's car and I just didn't have the most up-to-date card with me. I have the card now and sent a copy via email to the court, but haven't heard back from them yet. My court date is next week. Do I have to still go or was sending the card enough? There's never a voice on the end of the phone when I call the court. It's only automated. How do I find out my status?
Go to court. Show them the proof of insurance.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,112 times
Default It worked to send it!

I emailed and mailed the copy of proof of insurance and then I called to see if they got it. They did, and my charge was dismissed. I received a written notice after the court date passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNChick View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area