Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,209,353 times

Advertisements

I will chime in for NE Phoenix/N Scottsdale area. Very convenient, very clean, well maintained. A lot of newer construction the further north you get. Generally the areas around Kierland and Desert Ridge to give you some locations to Google for research. If money is no object, head a bit further north into Scottsdale places like Troon. Or Scottsdale Waterfront right near Scottsdale Fashion Square-new development, muy trendy etc. (I personally would love to live at Optima Camelview condos right near Fashion Square. I think the outside is gorgeous, havent seen insides. Location is nice. And I have no doubt the pricing matches all that "niceness".)

My recommendation: FIRST find where you will work. THEN figure out which areas are nearby and start there. You could live in Phoenix and work in Phoenix-and have a commute that would totally totally suck because the city is so large. Even Scottsdale is nearly 30 miles long (just a few miles wide tho)-which could translate into way too much time in a car.

Also just a personal opinion: Of course many of these topics have been discussed many times ad nauseum. And using search is fine. But I think what most people come here for is to actively "engage" with others in the area rather than just pressing "search buttons" for information. My 2 pennies-no change needed... When I first came to the boards and knew I was moving, I wouldve been sort of chased off if the responses were nothing more than "check the search". Besides, what do us locals who hang out on this board have better to do than talk about what we know-where we live? That is sort of the point of being here. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post

Also just a personal opinion: Of course many of these topics have been discussed many times ad nauseum. And using search is fine. But I think what most people come here for is to actively "engage" with others in the area rather than just pressing "search buttons" for information. My 2 pennies-no change needed... When I first came to the boards and knew I was moving, I wouldve been sort of chased off if the responses were nothing more than "check the search". Besides, what do us locals who hang out on this board have better to do than talk about what we know-where we live? That is sort of the point of being here. ;-)
Ivanabacowboy-

I get your point about active engagement, but even that works better if the starting point is something a little narrower than "What are good places to live in Arizona" or "where should I live in the Phoenix area"? I hardly know where to begin trying to give a really helpful answer to those questions,

Doing some reading or searching first helps focus the questions on what the poster really wants to know, and what cities they want to know more about. Reading, and searching, also gets them information from posters who don't come too often or aren't here any more at all, but the information is still valid - a much broader perspective...

Just my two cents' worth, based on experience on this forum and other very active forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area