Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Matter of fact, I'm in favor of toll roads, which would be owned and managed by a private entity. Turning Arizona's highway system over to a private firm might actually get the additional proposed freeways built faster. ADOT and MAG are known for their long delays, squandering taxpayer money, and making lame excuses about why the funds that we approved as voters are suddenly not available to build or maintain these roads.

I'm glad you at least stay in the right lane when driving on freeways. However, I'm still confused as to why you favor photo radar when it is basically a tax on those use the freeways for driving fast, as freeways are designed for! Does it really make sense to have such an extensive speed camera program in Arizona where the roads are good and the weather is clear most of the time? You CAN drive fast in Arizona & still be generally safe, whereas you are not always able to do so in other places where the weather is forbidding. This is the last place where such an intense speed enforcement program is needed.
Having had a fair amount of experience with the central Florida toll roads while visiting there, I'm in favor of them here, too. It's very easy to get around there, with the good system of roads the tolls built.

Photo radar on the urban freeways does get my vote, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 01:18 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
FYI, the LA times homicide reports the LA metro has 225 murders so far in 2009....Already on par with the total of the Phoenix metro area for 2008...

Old 04-25-2009, 01:23 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
The vans are marked with DPS markings - there is some speculation he might have actually be trying to kill a DPS officer

I believe the County Attorney is going to seek the Death Penalty

Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,713,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The vans are marked with DPS markings - there is some speculation he might have actually be trying to kill a DPS officer

I believe the County Attorney is going to seek the Death Penalty
Damn I hope so, Greatday.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,571,899 times
Me too. No sympathy to cro magnons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Damn I hope so, Greatday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area