Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristobalg View Post
Yep, and here we are on page 3 still talking about him. Reckon he got the reaction he wanted.

Hint for now on: Dont feed the troll
Well, you don't have to if you don't want to...but I find it pretty funny when that little racist shows up. Hope he comes back with some more silly stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 07:27 PM

894 posts, read 2,202,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7 View Post
I travel allot, and am sorry to say most of the young adults in this Country are a sorry bunch compared to what was graduating even just twenty years ago. If You ever had to watch Jay Leno's " Jay Walking " segments it was painfull to watch how blissfully ignorant Society has become.
Have you ever seen the movie "idiocracy?"

Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
I love that movie.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 PM

497 posts, read 1,694,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I thought I recognized this person so I researched his posts and my suspicions were confirmed. Check out the threads he has started, many of which were closed. His entire posting history is like a bad tabloid. His purpose is to start controversy and make others upset. Check out the threads he has started. He wants you to respond and get mad. Don't give him what he wants. Let the thread disappear to page 2.

"Where are the hot woman in Arizona"
Where are the hot woman in Arizona

In Response to Phoneix - The People Themselves
In Response to Phoneix - The People Themselves

Arizona/Phoenix Area feels a lot like the Republican national Convention
Arizona/Phoenix Area feels a lot like the Republican national Convention
"Are most women destined to be overweight or obese?"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/health-wellness/644659-most-women-destined-overweight-obese.html

The Crowd in McCain's Concession Speech (suggesting they were trashy) - CLOSED
The Crowd in McCain's Concession Speech

"White Girl called me the "N" word"
White Girl called me the "N" word

"Would you hire a black male convicted with a felony?"
http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-employment/602545-would-you-hire-black-male-convicted-post8037544.html#post8037544

"A About Asian Women in general"
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ml#post7651307

"Why is there so much Black vs Latino tension?" -
Why is there so much Black vs Latino tension

Father Involvement and Pedophilia
Father Involvement and Pedophilia

"Why are caucasian children not creative when naming their children"
http://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...tive-when.html
I agree this person is a total *******! Probaly the most racist person I have ever seen!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3218 View Post
I agree this person is a total *******! Probaly the most racist person I have ever seen!
Well, he has been banned so no need to worry about him anymore.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,821 times
Nice. This is turning into a rant. But I cannot resist adding one: I spent a lot of time in Los Angeles and keep an apartment in Phoenix (my base address). I was waiting for a sports club to open at its 6:00 time two weeks ago. The young man did not show up until 8:15. I figure he's in his early 20s. This morning he showed up at 6:15. I asked him what's his excuse? He replied "I don't have an excuse." That was it.

California: 11.6% unemployement.

I have a 54 year old sister who worked more than 30 years in California in the health care field but had 5 months of not being employed since October. She flew coast to coast interviewing and ended up on the east coast. She's a California native and always worked somewhere on the California coast from Santa Barbara to Mendocino County.

I felt like choking the young lad at the sports club. With such a cavalier attitude in a state with an umployment rate of 11.6% and watching my sister moving to the east coast to work, I have a good reason to be angry.

Disclaimer: Not all young people are like the cavalier little snot-nosed twit. But yes, I'd say a majority these days are spoiled and take living with cell phones, instantaneous gratification for granted.

This is why I wish for a long deep recession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Having had the (dubious) pleasure of employing a number of 20 something youths, in the past decade or so, I can add my experience. Most (80 %) are pretty mindless, and very inadequately educated. . . every once in a while, though, one comes across a real "gem", smart, motivated, with an open and inquisitive mind. The majority, however, seem to believe that they can get by on "personality" and "looks". . . I've had young college graduates (lord knows how they managed that!) tell me that they were "cute" and that they were "brats", and so they didn't need to work, or think or apply themselves in any manner, in order to get by! I think that our societal lack of regard for education and overimportance on physical attractiveness is not serving us well. . .

Old 08-02-2009, 09:19 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
The intelligence of the natives in the Phoenix area is abysmal. Why is it like that? I returned back for a couple of days on a recruiting trip and it was downright frightening to see how oblivious most people who live here are when it comes to obtaining knowledge, learning new things or developing common sense.

I encountered naive teenagers working at grocery stores or fast food restaurants in the east coast, and I can tell you that they are probably smarter already than the hordes of college graduates I have met and encountered at ASU. In other words I believe they have way more potential.

Do not let me get started with the population who obviously decided not to pursue higher education. It is scary, and I thought Caucasian people were supposed to be smart.

I thought during my short trip back I would have a different view of the area I once lived in, and brought about more of an open mind. However, I was right all along. Seriously, it has to be more than just the educational system. Do parents care about the way their children develop? I just want a straight answer.
Contrary to your statement about teenagers on the east coast, I have found that EVERYWHERE is pretty much the same as you describe Phoenix. There seems to be an awful lot of really, incredibly stupid people out there. And watching 4 - 6 hours of telelvision every night isn't helping one little bit.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-03-2009, 09:20 AM

307 posts, read 954,333 times
Arrow Companies lovin' it

Companies are lovin' it right about now...

They can really be choosy and select the best people right now for most open positions...

There's the "straight skinny"!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 AM

159 posts, read 397,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
Pretty accurate rendition of the future in America...

"Welcome to Costco.... I love you..."

Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Nice. This is turning into a rant. But I cannot resist adding one: I spent a lot of time in Los Angeles and keep an apartment in Phoenix (my base address). I was waiting for a sports club to open at its 6:00 time two weeks ago. The young man did not show up until 8:15. I figure he's in his early 20s. This morning he showed up at 6:15. I asked him what's his excuse? He replied "I don't have an excuse." That was it.

California: 11.6% unemployement.

I have a 54 year old sister who worked more than 30 years in California in the health care field but had 5 months of not being employed since October. She flew coast to coast interviewing and ended up on the east coast. She's a California native and always worked somewhere on the California coast from Santa Barbara to Mendocino County.

I felt like choking the young lad at the sports club. With such a cavalier attitude in a state with an umployment rate of 11.6% and watching my sister moving to the east coast to work, I have a good reason to be angry.

Disclaimer: Not all young people are like the cavalier little snot-nosed twit. But yes, I'd say a majority these days are spoiled and take living with cell phones, instantaneous gratification for granted.

This is why I wish for a long deep recession.
Sounds like you are being sensitive. Maybe that is the truth, he did not have an excuse like most people try to make up. Why does he need to make up a story to make you feel better? If i came into work late and my boss asked me "why were you late" i would tell him the exact same thing if i have no valid reason. "I have no excuse." It is not an insult, its the truth.

There are way too many people like this in Phoenix. Too short, are not courteous, and think the world evolves around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area