Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:31 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,019,212 times

Advertisements

Vegas is also more dangerous than both Phoenix or Chicago as it has the highest murder rate in the country, but hey its a few degrees cooler than Phoenix! That "makes" all the difference! What absurdity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Did it rain in the far easy valley today? When i was driving on the 202E i saw rain!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,209,353 times
Vegas gets a tad too cold for me in the winter.

The heat isn't so bad so long as you dont stay outdoors, or seek shade and have lots of water when you do. I went grocery shopping yesterday-when it was 115'. IMHO being in shade vs being in direct sun makes a world of difference at those temperatures.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Vegas gets a tad too cold for me in the winter.

The heat isn't so bad so long as you dont stay outdoors, or seek shade and have lots of water when you do. I went grocery shopping yesterday-when it was 115'. IMHO being in shade vs being in direct sun makes a world of difference at those temperatures.
Very true.

Last night (7 PM) I took my walk and I will admit that ca. 110F @ 18% humidity is a bit much-----------but still easier for me than Wash DC's 90F @ 65% humidity

Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden039 View Post
Trying going to the lake and you will be alone.
Wow. Brilliant. Saguaro can have a 3 hour wait on a weekend. Any further wisdom you would like to share with us?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I just got back from a 2 mile walk; the weather I would not term as being hot, just very warm----------and, I look like I should enjoy that cold, icy crap back east since I rather resemble a Swede.
LOL, you little "show off", where are my pic's? This time of year I love to hear the stories of the "heat studs" out here in Phoenix, I'm jealous, I am a true wimp when it comes to anything over 108. I always wait until the sun goes down to venture out (if I can help it). If I have to go out then I look like this>lol

So, I wonder if you get the same thing in winter in the cold country? "I shovel my driveway in a t-shirt and shorts" or is it just a heat thing?

I still want photo proof>
Look at these Phoenix studs enjoying the heat, nothing like a great warm shower after a hour jog in 115 degrees. he he he he
Attached Thumbnails
Hot-muscles.jpg  

Old 07-13-2009, 10:39 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Despite the heat, and Twiggy's comment, life goes on. Still the same crowds out jogging in the morning/evening, kid's outside save the mid afternoons, golf courses with plenty swinging away, morning hikes still have plenty of company...life goes on believe it or not. Even at 110 degrees.
Did you post this in the am before your coffee fcorrales?
My post was light hearted and I was just joking around, I have full admiration for all you "heat studs" really! I thought it was an obvious joke, but if not then my apologies
If you can jog around in this heat then "kudos", I was hoping for some funny pics, or some "heat humor" lol
Your usually funny with me, lets see some sweaty humor baby!!!!! Here is my dad on a jog yesterday......................................... .

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:10 AM..

Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden039 View Post
Ghost - You must be young because an older person knows better
Chorizo - I have been to the big lake off of 74 in July at noon and I seen about 10% compared to other times of the year
Vegas - At Del Web you won't find anyone out in July like I posted to you
JDish2000 - Another young person who like a challenge, good for you
I'm 62 so I have to be careful of the heat
I'm in my 60's also.

I go to the lake(s) all the time - and like another poster said - they are crowded (weekends). Mid week they are actually busy.

I too Golf in the late mornings / afternoons. No problem getting a Tee time - drink lots of water - can play at my own pace - no pressure

As a resident of Las Vegas as well - Summers don't mean a lack of business on the Strip - in fact, it picks up because of all the specials

Summers are not that bad in Phoenix and the Valley -

Oh yeah - I was born and raised in Phoenix - love it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
LOL, you little "show off", where are my pic's? This time of year I love to hear the stories of the "heat studs" out here in Phoenix, I'm jealous, I am a true wimp when it comes to anything over 108. I always wait until the sun goes down to venture out (if I can help it). If I have to go out then I look like this>lol

So, I wonder if you get the same thing in winter in the cold country? "I shovel my driveway in a t-shirt and shorts" or is it just a heat thing?

I still want photo proof>
Look at these Phoenix studs enjoying the heat, nothing like a great warm shower after a hour jog in 115 degrees. he he he he
Dumb I may be: stupid, I ain't---------I take my walks @ about 7 PM in the summer.

Middle of the day?

Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,019,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Did you post this in the am before your coffee fcorrales?
My post was light hearted and I was just joking around, I have full admiration for all you "heat studs" really! I thought it was an obvious joke, but if not then my apologies
If you can jog around in this heat then "kudos", I was hoping for some funny pics, or some "heat humor" lol
Your usually funny with me, lets see some sweaty humor baby!!!!! Here is my dad on a jog yesterday......................................... .
LOL, grrrrrroooooooooooossssssss! Love it, you have a great sense of humor! However, I think you'll be running back, tail tucked, after your winter experience in the frigid Northeast. I've done my time there, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area