Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:47 PM

11 posts, read 11,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Good, I'm not playing games, I'm insuring the facts are correct and relevant. Have fun living in your bubble of ignorance.
In saying that Vegas is the "murder capital of the US" you are NOT stating facts, YOU ARE JUST WRONG. LasVegasDrunk has been pwning you(with facts and current sources) this entire thread and I am personally amazed that you havent at least apologized for making up this incredibly wrong and ill-informed statement. It is completely wrong. Cities like New orleans, washington dc, and detroit have much higher rates. If you're going to make outgareous claims, post current links, otherwise your posts are worthless to people like the OP trying to make important decisions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_ComeBack_KiD View Post
In saying that Vegas is the "murder capital of the US" you are NOT stating facts, YOU ARE JUST WRONG. LasVegasDrunk has been pwning you(with facts and current sources) this entire thread and I am personally amazed that you havent at least apologized for making up this incredibly wrong and ill-informed statement. It is completely wrong. Cities like New orleans, washington dc, and detroit have much higher rates. If you're going to make outgareous claims, post current links, otherwise your posts are worthless to people like the OP trying to make important decisions
Well, I'd have to agree with you on the murder capital thing. Detroit, NOLA, St. Louis - those are the baddest places. I have never felt unsafe walking around Vegas, but I think I would in parts of those other cities.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Your post confirms my point..."Phoenix kidnapping capital of the U.S." not the WORLD.

So let me give you some of your own advice "Don't comment and try to shoot down someone else's post unless you either have a basic knowledge of current events or can at least take 2 seconds to do a google search "

You made yourself look silly enough, no need for me to say anything else. Hell of a first post.
The poster corrected himself, obviously no one thought it was the kidnapping capital of the world, but its cool that keyboard jockeys like yourself can play semantics all day. BTW Ponderosa its pretty sad that you think being the kidnapping capital of The United States makes you say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
we must have a pretty good place here.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Quote:
The poster corrected himself, obviously no one thought it was the kidnapping capital of the world, but its cool that keyboard jockeys like yourself can play semantics all day. BTW Ponderosa its pretty sad that you think being the kidnapping capital of The United States makes you say:
He didn't correct himself, it still states it...

I simply posted his information wasn't correct, you decided to jump in and back him up on his incorrect information. Don't blame me because your first post has you looking silly.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
He didn't correct himself, it still states it...

I simply posted his information wasn't correct, you decided to jump in and back him up on his incorrect information. Don't blame me because your first post has you looking silly.
And don't blame me because your entire argument is based on semantics and is still not addressing the fact that

A) Phoenix, AZ is the kidnapping capital of the United States which is a serious factor to consider for the OP.

B) Henderson is NOT Las Vegas despite its close proximity and any crime rates comparing Goodyear and Henderson need to exclude Las Vegas, where all crime rates are higher than in Henderson

And for my money, HENDERSON OVER GOODYEAR ANY day of the week, no question.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Phoenix, AZ is the kidnapping capital of the United States which is a serious factor to consider for the OP.
No, it is not a serious factor. It is meaningless to anyone who is not involved in drugs and human smuggling. You know better, I am sure. If you don't, you are a fool.

OP has already decided on Henderson so you needn't champion it anymore. I believe she will regret that decision after a year or so. Las Vegas may be a great place for a drunk or someone coming back, but it is no place to raise a family.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Quote:
No, it is not a serious factor. It is meaningless to anyone who is not involved in drugs and human smuggling. You know better, I am sure. If you don't, you are a fool.
Well said!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
OP has already decided on Henderson so you needn't champion it anymore. I believe she will regret that decision after a year or so. Las Vegas may be a great place for a drunk or someone coming back, but it is no place to raise a family.
You are entitled to your opinion(even though its wrong). Again, Henderson is not Las Vegas. You only think so because you have no firsthand knowledge, whereas I have lived in Las Vegas, Henderson and Phoenix as well as a half dozen other places. Henderson has better schools, less crime, better weather(Yes, year round) than Phoenix, and while it is not an IDEAL place to live for a family, its immeasurably better than Goodyear

Please don't give advice on places and subjects you have no firsthand knowledge of. Nobody likes that guy.

TO THE OP: You made the right choice, enjoy Henderson

Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
and you have no first hand knowledge of goodyear

kidnapping is not an issue at all in goodyear, which just like henderson is a distinct entity from the major metro it borders

also the only reason why there are a number of kidnappings reported in phoenix is that they actually crack down on and bust drop houses and then report the results

the only people who have to worry about kidnapping out here are "tourists" from our southern neighbor and those "travel agents" that help get them here along with those who assist in moving a variety of "merchandise" across the border for re-sale

Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 PM

124 posts, read 509,431 times
Quote:
And don't blame me because your entire argument is based on semantics and is still not addressing the fact that

A) Phoenix, AZ is the kidnapping capital of the United States which is a serious factor to consider for the OP.

B) Henderson is NOT Las Vegas despite its close proximity and any crime rates comparing Goodyear and Henderson need to exclude Las Vegas, where all crime rates are higher than in Henderson

And for my money, HENDERSON OVER GOODYEAR ANY day of the week, no question.
If you are discounting the proximity of Las Vegas to Henderson as being of any relevance in this discussion, then you should also not compare Goodyear to Phoenix.

Goodyear is further from Phoenix than Henderson is to Las Vegas.

Just out of interest, have you ever lived in Goodyear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area