Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 AM

11 posts, read 22,132 times

Advertisements

Finally Getting the **** out of this place. Lived all over the country and never been in such an ass backwards place in my entire life. The topic of why this is the worst and fakest place in the country has kinda been beaten to death here in the past so I'll leave with a qoute.

Hunter S. Thompson

"If there is in fact, a heaven and a hell, all we know for sure is that hell will be a visciously overcrowded version of Phoenix a clean well lighted place full of sunshine and bromides and fast cars where almost everybody seems vaguely happy, except those who know in their hearts what is missing... And being driven slowly and quietly into the kind of terminal craziness that comes with finally understanding that the one thing you want is not there."

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2phoenix View Post
finally getting the **** out of this place. Lived all over the country and never been in such an ass backwards place in my entire life. The topic of why this is the worst and fakest place in the country has kinda been beaten to death here in the past so i'll leave with a qoute.

Hunter s. Thompson

"if there is in fact, a heaven and a hell, all we know for sure is that hell will be a visciously overcrowded version of phoenix a clean well lighted place full of sunshine and bromides and fast cars where almost everybody seems vaguely happy, except those who know in their hearts what is missing... And being driven slowly and quietly into the kind of terminal craziness that comes with finally understanding that the one thing you want is not there."
C-YA!

I am sure we will have quite a few new arrivals who will appreciate it here.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 AM

285 posts, read 785,475 times
The fact that the OP is quoting Hunter Thompson says it all. No further discussion required; goodby.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,553 times
Don't let the door hit ya...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
The fact that the OP is quoting Hunter Thompson says it all. No further discussion required; goodby.
I was thinking the exact same thing

Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 AM

11 posts, read 22,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing
Yea a famous american novelist... what a moron

Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,789 times
Someone thinks they are more impotant then they really are. IF you don't like it then leave no reason to make a post announcing it.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
I'm with ArizonaBear on this one . . . C-Ya!

It has become fairly obvious to me over the years . . . those individuals who are so unhappy and miserable with their lives and choose to blame it on such things as their location are usually unhappy with themselves and rarely find happiness no matter where they are living.

Once again, Pa2Phoenix . . . C-Ya and Good Luck.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,352,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2phoenix View Post
Finally Getting the **** out of this place. Lived all over the country and never been in such an ass backwards place in my entire life. The topic of why this is the worst and fakest place in the country has kinda been beaten to death here in the past so I'll leave with a qoute.

Hunter S. Thompson

"If there is in fact, a heaven and a hell, all we know for sure is that hell will be a visciously overcrowded version of Phoenix a clean well lighted place full of sunshine and bromides and fast cars where almost everybody seems vaguely happy, except those who know in their hearts what is missing... And being driven slowly and quietly into the kind of terminal craziness that comes with finally understanding that the one thing you want is not there."
Please share with us... which one of Earth's UTOPIAS are you off to THIS TIME? Back to Pennsylvania? La-La-Land?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:07 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,627,388 times
don't fear, once this thread falls off the front page we will forget you were here. Hopefully you can leave your misery behind and good luck in your new place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area