Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I'm with ArizonaBear on this one . . . C-Ya!

It has become fairly obvious to me over the years . . . those individuals who are so unhappy and miserable with their lives and choose to blame it on such things as their location are usually unhappy with themselves and rarely find happiness no matter where they are living.

Once again, Pa2Phoenix . . . C-Ya and Good Luck.
Very Well put Bummer

I'm thinking that Pa2Phoenix will be a fixture on the LA Board, lot more to whine about over there

Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Someone thinks they are more impotant then they really are. IF you don't like it then leave no reason to make a post announcing it.
Exactly.

Quote:
I'm with ArizonaBear on this one . . . C-Ya!

It has become fairly obvious to me over the years . . . those individuals who are so unhappy and miserable with their lives and choose to blame it on such things as their location are usually unhappy with themselves and rarely find happiness no matter where they are living.

Once again, Pa2Phoenix . . . C-Ya and Good Luck.
Absolutely true. The OP was probably never happy anywhere, kept looking for a change of scenery and probably blamed all the previous locations, too. According to another thread, he/she is going back to Philly. And, I'll bet there are people on the Phila board who can't wait to get out of THERE, either. No place is for everyone.

BTW, Arizona has a high divorce rate, in large part, because it is one of those places that couples who are already having problems come to get a fresh start/change of scenery, whatever, and then find that they still aren't happy together, so the divorce statistic goes to Arizona, which had actually nothing to do with two people who came here unhappy and split up.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Dont you have to wonder where they are going back to and what brought them here in the first place? You would think they had the smarts to research an area before making the leap.

I see the op is in LA. Now there is a far better choice. LOL

Old 02-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Dont you have to wonder where they are going back to and what brought them here in the first place? You would think they had the smarts to research an area before making the leap.

I see the op is in LA. Now there is a far better choice. LOL
In another thread, they said they were going back to Philly.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
In another thread, they said they were going back to Philly.
Great Philly Cheesesteaks! ! ! ! ! ! !

Old 02-22-2010, 01:07 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,626,888 times
Quote:
BTW, Arizona has a high divorce rate, in large part, because it is one of those places that couples who are already having problems come to get a fresh start/change of scenery, whatever, and then find that they still aren't happy together, so the divorce statistic goes to Arizona, which had actually nothing to do with two people who came here unhappy and split up.

I bet a lot of couples who were in good shape split after going somewhere new as well. Much of Arizona's population is from somewhere else, so most of us have been through the big move.

Moving away from "home" is an emotional, financial and social burden that sure can be rough on a couple. Moving to a new city and meeting new people can provoke jealousy. Perhaps half the couple loves it here and the other hates it and wants to go home. or as you mentioned, they move so far away only to realize the location wasn't the problem.

My wife and i (who weren't married when we moved here) certainly went through some bumps, including some extreme homesickness. I could see how some in a relationship that isn't as strong as ours can run into a ton of trouble...

Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Great Philly Cheesesteaks! ! ! ! ! ! !

ah, that's like nails on a chalkboard! they are cheese steaks! not "philly" cheese steaks!

My rant about places serving cheese steaks in Az goes like this.
me: "i'll have a cheese steak"
them: "you mean a philly sandwich?"
me: "no, I want a cheese steak... but i know you will serve me a 'philly sandwich' anyway!"

Old 02-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Then just GO. There was still no reason to create a thread to announce your departure.

Unless you routinely read every other City forum on C-D, (and you can't tell me you do) you really have NO idea whether Phoenix gets bashed more than any other city. You weren't happy here, others feel the same way, others love it here and hated it somewhere else. That's true of every city. It's hardly news.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2phoenix View Post
there is no culture.

That's not true. The culture around here is modern American. Like it or not, corporate consumerism is exactly what our current culture is.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,320 times
Quote:
Then just GO. There was still no reason to create a thread to announce your departure.

Unless you routinely read every other City forum on C-D, (and you can't tell me you do) you really have NO idea whether Phoenix gets bashed more than any other city. You weren't happy here, others feel the same way, others love it here and hated it somewhere else. That's true of every city. It's hardly news.
and it it just a coninsidence that the AZ2phoenix and Arizona Kidnappings both created negative AZ threads at the same time. Someone has way too much time on their hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area