Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,051,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
can't agree at all, we saw many beautiful women. florence and venice are basically tourist attractions (real world disneylands)rather than functioning cities. rome is still a city where people go about their business. "off the beaten tourist path" maybe, but it's not nearly as hard to do in rome as in those other places. naples really is off the beaten path. we hardly found anyone who spoke english and were forced to use our entertaining italian.
holy crud - naples was scary.

i did not have the pleasure of visiting Florence, but the next time i find my globehopping self (bwaha) in europe, i have to see florence. THAT place is a 'real world disneyland'??? i suspected its economy is probably heavy on tourism and temporary students and such, but im a little sad to see it categorized like that. i assumed it might have been like pgh - university and knowledge-rich, and from that, it would prosper.

i love this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,813,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
holy crud - naples was scary.

i did not have the pleasure of visiting Florence, but the next time i find my globehopping self (bwaha) in europe, i have to see florence. THAT place is a 'real world disneyland'??? i suspected its economy is probably heavy on tourism and temporary students and such, but im a little sad to see it categorized like that. i assumed it might have been like pgh - university and knowledge-rich, and from that, it would prosper.

i love this thread.
naples was cool. had sone of the best food i had in italy (and thats saying something) for cheap. worth it just for the pizza. florence was pretty. maybe youd like bologna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh