Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:41 PM

2,462 posts, read 8,922,722 times

Advertisements

What I was refering to is the hypocrisy practiced by Republican's when they say they are all about God and family values blah blah blah and what they really mean is they are all for helping people as long as they don't have to pay for it.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. Some people, including many Republicans, believe that the best way to help people is to teach them to help themselves. And there are many others, including many Democrats, who believe that the best way to help people is to create new government programs, and then raise taxes so that OTHER PEOPLE can pay for them.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:45 PM

2,462 posts, read 8,922,722 times
Jesus said SPECIFICALLY how to care for children and the meek, as well as the poor. Again, Let's return to the source and see what Jesus says about the poor and children:

15People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
Luke 18:15-17

This is about humility. Not about the proper structure of government welfare programs.

"Jesus answered, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'"
-Matthew 19:21

And this was directed at the rich young man, whose attachment to his possessions was preventing him from following God. Jesus didn't tell every wealthy person he met to sell all of their possessions, and, of course, this passage says nothing about TAKING the possessions of one person and giving them to the poor.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:51 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times
Quote:
What I was refering to is the hypocrisy practiced by Republican's when they say they are all about God and family values blah blah blah and what they really mean is they are all for helping people as long as they don't have to pay for it.
Personally, I feel like some of those extreme right-winged republicans and their radical Christian family group supporters are some of the most intolerant, hateful, hypocritical, and unholy people on the planet. I think god would be ashamed of them. But that's just me.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 PM

314 posts, read 849,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
Personally, I feel like some of those extreme right-winged republicans and their radical Christian family group supporters are some of the most intolerant, hateful, hypocritical, and unholy people on the planet. I think god would be ashamed of them. But that's just me.
Can I get an Amen!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremarie View Post

There is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. Some people, including many Republicans, believe that the best way to help people is to teach them to help themselves. And there are many others, including many Democrats, who believe that the best way to help people is to create new government programs, and then raise taxes so that OTHER PEOPLE can pay for them.

Imagine that...paying for something you don't believe in. Don't worry it all evens out. You pay for children's insurance and democrats pay for another holy war for warmongering Republicans. Or wait, is this war about oil? I forget which God ya'll are praying to this week
I am not strictly Republican or Democrat but if I were worrying about weighing my soul in...I'd go for the guy getting medicine for babies.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 PM

\

There is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. Some people, including many Republicans, believe that the best way to help people is to teach them to help themselves.

Yeah, I am sure you and all your buddies are lining up to help fund educational programs for unwed mothers. I bet you even pick up a prostitute once a week and show how to get a real job. Excuse me, I have tears in my eyes.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:08 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times
Quote:
Yeah, I am sure you and all your buddies are lining up to help fund educational programs for unwed mothers.
Or homeless or suicidal gay youths!!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
This thread has gone too far off topic.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh