Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,870 times

Advertisements

[quote=Gnutella;22461608]I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday was the last we'll ever see Dick LeBeau on an NFL sideline.

Seeing Dick standing on the sideline at yesterday's game his ( facial)color had such a pallor to it that immediately struck me-he doesn't look well.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,691,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
It always amazes me what happens after a major football loss. Prior to the loss that's all you heard was talk about football and the Steelers. After the loss...... silence.
Except for the grown men that call into DVE sobbing.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Denver is always a tough place to play. I think the Steelers are obviously a better team, but a home field and a lie high is always tough. Those that feel Denver is a better team, might want to look at the division they are both in and their records. It is a shame the Steeelers have to travel out there to play a .500 team in the worst division in football, but those are the breaks. I was at work during the entire game, but was impressed the Steelers came back and tied it. The defense isn't quite as strong as in years past and that is probably the biggest problem.

Anyway, I root for them because it is good for the city. I think the city is more important than myself.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:02 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,634,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
Except for the grown men that call into DVE sobbing.
And teh local news shows talking about it for weeks thereafter.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
I was working last night delivering food throughout the East End, and the overall mood of my customers and colleagues gradually depressed throughout the course of the evening.

After my shift I went to a friend's home in Shadyside to finally exchange Christmas gifts with her and to get a pizza from Pizza Perfectta. We didn't encounter anyone else on our 10-minute walk over there, and South Highland Avenue was a ghost town with tumbleweed rolling on by even though that corridor is usually very busy due to the dense concentration of bars and restaurants.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,978 times
Football season does bring out 2 of the most annoying pittsburghers.
1. People who live & breathe steelers football. It's all they talk about, all their wardrobe consists of, & defines their life, moods & state of mind throughout the season.
2. People who don't like football & think the teams existence is a blight dragging the city down a cultural black hole & who feel the need to constantly voice this opinion & how they are above it all anytime any subject relating to the steelers comes up.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I was working last night delivering food throughout the East End, and the overall mood of my customers and colleagues gradually depressed throughout the course of the evening.

After my shift I went to a friend's home in Shadyside to finally exchange Christmas gifts with her and to get a pizza from Pizza Perfectta. We didn't encounter anyone else on our 10-minute walk over there, and South Highland Avenue was a ghost town with tumbleweed rolling on by even though that corridor is usually very busy due to the dense concentration of bars and restaurants.
I rode my bike home last night right after the game and was worried about being run over by an angry drunk, but to be honest, it was kind of dead out there. I was happy about that, but was sad the Steelers lost. I don't like football like I used to because the players just seem to be so out of touch with the common man these days, and all the selfish style they seem to have, but I do think it is very good for the city when they win.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,634,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
1. People who live & breathe steelers football. It's all they talk about, all their wardrobe consists of, & defines their life, moods & state of mind throughout the season.
2. People who don't like football & think the teams existence is a blight dragging the city down a cultural black hole & who feel the need to constantly voice this opinion & how they are above it all anytime any subject relating to the steelers comes up.
The reasion #2 gets annoyed with #1 is because people get obnoxious about it. You can't turn on the news without hearing about them. You can't go to work without people asking you where your Steeler colors are or why you are wearing the colors of another team. When other people start to impose it on you, it gets tedious and annoying.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:05 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,901,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Do you really think category 2 would exist if category 1 weren't so annoying and pervasive?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 AM

264 posts, read 492,797 times
The same people who whine about the Steelers being shoved in their face are the same people who probably whine about Christmas being shoved in their face when someone puts a tree or a manger up in the middle of town.

I say, get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh