Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 PM

68 posts, read 189,815 times

Advertisements

My friend from out of state has got a job in Grove City, PA. As I live in Monroeville I'm not familiar with Grove City except for its outlet malls.

They are basically looking for a 2 BR apartment. What are some of the nearby places to live for a family with two young children. A nice school district would be great. Would Cranberry be a bad commute? I did search for apartments in Grove City and found only one.

For what its worth, my friend is Asian...

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,666,746 times
Takes about, eh, 30-40 minutes from Cranberry I guess, depending upon where in Cranberry and where in the Grove City area. Shouldn't be much traffic on 79 as it's opposite direction, but there would be traffic on the Cranberry roads if it's at typical rush hour travel times.

Probably would be nice to be a little closer, but anything closer is much farther from the city and other conveniences.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:20 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Why not live in Grove City. It is a nice place.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,264,971 times
My brother lived in Franklin PA, just a short distance from Grove City and it is beautiful country up there.

I couldn't see living in an ordinary suburban community like Cranberry and working in Grove City unless I was there already.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:27 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,706,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Why not live in Grove City. It is a nice place.
It is a nice little town. Volant is also close, along with New Wilmington

Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
My brother lived in Franklin PA, just a short distance from Grove City and it is beautiful country up there.

I couldn't see living in an ordinary suburban community like Cranberry and working in Grove City unless I was there already.
Yes, Franklin is another option. I would certainly look at Grove City as my first option. If that is too small, look at Franklin. If I was working in Grove City, my first choice would be to walk to work. Why anyone would want to live in Cranberry and drive up there would be odd. Grove City > Cranberry.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
Grove City has some great little neighborhoods, all within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and a single screen movie theater. And more and more Cranberry like developments are being built near 79. It's a booming area.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM

68 posts, read 189,815 times
Thank you all for the responses..

Does anyone know if there are any good apartment complexes in Grove City? I was able to find only one via Google.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by apiscean View Post
Thank you all for the responses..

Does anyone know if there are any good apartment complexes in Grove City? I was able to find only one via Google.
You do know that is a college town correct? Nice, quiet old style college town. I am sure there are rentals.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:52 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apiscean View Post
My friend from out of state has got a job in Grove City, PA. As I live in Monroeville I'm not familiar with Grove City except for its outlet malls.

They are basically looking for a 2 BR apartment. What are some of the nearby places to live for a family with two young children. A nice school district would be great. Would Cranberry be a bad commute? I did search for apartments in Grove City and found only one.

For what its worth, my friend is Asian...

thanks
My first choice would be in Grove City. Other choices would include the college towns of Slippery Rock and New Wilmington. Another possibility is the town of Mercer. Since Grove City is close to the intersection Interstates 79 and 80, you could go 30 miles any direction, and still be within a half hour commuting distance.

Here is a map showing the school districts in the area. http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Internet/...ermediate_unit

The school districts rankings in the area are as follows:

1. Grove City
2. Neshannock
3. Wilmington
4. Mercer
5. Slippery Rock
6. Lakeview

Lakeview is above average when compared to all the school districts in PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh