Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 01:28 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
What should have been done? Clearly shooting him 3 times as he is fleeing isn't right, but should all shooting suspects be permitted to flee? How do you take them into custody?
You call for assistance and try to catch him. first of all he is a "suspect". whatever happen to innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:37 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
You call for assistance and try to catch him. first of all he is a "suspect". whatever happen to innocent until PROVEN guilty.
What happens if he shoots someone else because he was allowed to escape?

Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
But Bicycle Bill doesn't need to pander to them.

Protesters were given free reign for 4 hours on Carson St. (Fourth night of protests hit South Side following police shooting of Antwon Rose | TribLIVE)

The County Police didn't play games in Homestead (Protests disrupt Pittsburgh, Homestead; 4 arrested | TribLIVE)

Bicycle Bill is enabling this by not cracking down and doing anything to enforce the law.
Enabling what? Freedom of expression? The right to assembly? I guess everyone would be happier if they just hid their little protest in tiny little East Pittsburgh where no one could see it and it didn’t bother anyone.

If these people were protesting anything but the death of a black teenager people would find a way to see it as important. Every time one of these incidents happen people spend more time trying to victim blame and more energy complaining about the impacts of the protests than trying to understand why it is happening and how it can be made better.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:10 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
But Bicycle Bill doesn't need to pander to them.

Protesters were given free reign for 4 hours on Carson St. (Fourth night of protests hit South Side following police shooting of Antwon Rose | TribLIVE)

The County Police didn't play games in Homestead (Protests disrupt Pittsburgh, Homestead; 4 arrested | TribLIVE)

Bicycle Bill is enabling this by not cracking down and doing anything to enforce the law.
Awesome for the county police...and if they want to block roads and bridges they should expect people to be plowing through.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:27 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Enabling what? Freedom of expression? The right to assembly? I guess everyone would be happier if they just hid their little protest in tiny little East Pittsburgh where no one could see it and it didn’t bother anyone.

If these people were protesting anything but the death of a black teenager people would find a way to see it as important. Every time one of these incidents happen people spend more time trying to victim blame and more energy complaining about the impacts of the protests than trying to understand why it is happening and how it can be made better.
SCR was complaining about the costs of overtime to Pgh Police.
I said Bicycle Bill is enabling the protests by giving them free reign, unlike the County Police's response on the Bridge.
People do have a right to protest. Doing so on Grant St in front of the DA's office in the Courthouse is entirely appropriate. Doing so in Market Sq, Point State Park, in Oakland, etc, etc - those are valid.

What isn't valid is shutting down highways or bridges and trapping/falsely imprisoning people.

The protesters, like all Americans, have rights. But their rights end, where the rights of another begin.

Can you imagine how quickly Pedutohead would be authorizing the police to deploy batons and pepper spray if these were a bunch of whites carrying Tiki torches and shutting down Carson St or the Parkway or bridges???

No group should have the right to shut down roads like this.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:27 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I mean if you just tried to kill someone I can see why you might bolt when pulled over. It’s not smart but makes sense.
So he tried to shoot someone and escaped and people are protesting him being shot? Are you ****ing kidding me? What the **** is wrong with people?

Old 06-24-2018, 05:26 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
So he tried to shoot someone and escaped and people are protesting him being shot? Are you ****ing kidding me? What the **** is wrong with people?
Seems odd that someone with no apparent connection to it interest in Pittsburgh would come to this forum and defend the killing of an unarmed teenager. I’m sure you’re a stand-up guy with no particular agenda.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:42 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Seems odd that someone with no apparent connection to it interest in Pittsburgh would come to this forum and defend the killing of an unarmed teenager. I’m sure you’re a stand-up guy with no particular agenda.
Maybe unarmed when he ran and left his gun in the car, but come on. They just did a drive-by shooting and almost killed a 22 year old unknown/unwanted/no one cares about man.

I think more will be released after the funeral.

This whole thing is kind of embarrassing. I don't think people out side of our city will understand such a defense of someone that was just involved in a drive-by and almost killed a 22 year old. I wonder if the 22 year old died it would change the attitude at all? Then there would be that funeral that of course the media wouldn't even mention at all. They sure play us.

It is just one big mess in our city and the strain/stress and really discomfort is horrible. I personally am tired of living like this. Always protesting something and just miserable life in the city. I really need to move further away from all this negativity. It is such a grind always being around people complaining, protesting and just being miserable. They are protesting for someone that just was involved in a drive-by! Seriously, I think people need to think about that for a while. That kid could have murdered anyone, so the police have to protect us as innocent working people.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:55 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
... just did a drive-by shooting and almost killed a 22 year old...
.. someone that was just involved in a drive-by and almost killed a 22 year old....
...someone that just was involved in a drive-by! ...
.. That kid could have murdered anyone...
other than in this thread, mostly by you, i still haven't seen it posted as a fact he was involved in any shooting. link plz?

Old 06-24-2018, 08:59 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No agenda, just tired of people whining when someone gets shot for being stupid. It is sad for his family and friends, but this all could have easily been avoided. Instead people want to complain about law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh