Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:51 AM

6,360 posts, read 5,083,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
It's a bad story. Those girls are horrible and should be charged. The school district and police should be sued, but everyone should resist the urge to use this as a battlecry for the "persecuted man" complex that's trying to form in the wake of MeToo. False charges don't happen very often, but sexual assault without any repercussion is rampant.
I do not know if there is a real "complex", or movement, or whatnot.

There is awareness, however, of the double-standards that exist and benefit women, and they go back way before the me-too movement. The Me-Too is strangely love overdue, but mob mentality is never helpful (in reference to how the kid in this story was treated at school).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 11:28 AM

3,112 posts, read 2,931,158 times
Current Double Standard Score:

For the benefit of women: A handful, if that.
For the benefit of men: Infinite amounts.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:16 PM

969 posts, read 776,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Current Double Standard Score:

For the benefit of women: A handful, if that.
For the benefit of men: Infinite amounts.
This guy gets it. I'd give you more rep but I can't.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:27 PM

969 posts, read 776,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I do not know if there is a real "complex", or movement, or whatnot.

There is awareness, however, of the double-standards that exist and benefit women, and they go back way before the me-too movement. The Me-Too is strangely love overdue, but mob mentality is never helpful (in reference to how the kid in this story was treated at school).
Naw Szug, you aren't a victim of double-standards you are a beneficiary.

Men can nearly do whatever they want, whenever they want. They may get caught, but we all know unless it's high profile we get away with murder. Women get some slight perks but mostly because of a viewed inequality in how men see women - not capable or expected of certain things. That's also a major problem perpetuated by men.

Most you boomer, gen-x, conservative millennial men were just chomping at the bit to talk about how awful it is to be wrongly accused. Then you create this thing in your head where droves of men are at risk from some imaginary problem of widespread accusations that destroy a man's life without due process. Then you try to round out your nonsense by speaking about how MeToo is long overdue.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:28 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,956,302 times
Quote:
What makes you so sure false charges are "quite common"? This can't be proven and is just more anti-Me Too rhetoric. I bet you think it's a dangerous time for men and boys. Your position, armed only with your man-feelings, devoid of any data, only acts to silence women and perpetuate the patriarchy. You must be scared.

Calling out these girls is one thing, trying to cast doubt on larger swathe of accusations is crap. I am still inclined to believe the women.
I can tell you that in my local courtroom, nearly 100% of contested divorces include accusations of abuse against men. It would be foolish- and even dangerous- to assume that all but a small percentage of these accusations have merit. As a survivor of a contested divorce, and as a prison ministry volunteer, i can tell you that the percentage of false allegations out there is MUCH higher than the general public realizes.

This issue is a nationwide epidemic. Big changes need to be made, and very soon, before this issue tears our once great nation apart.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:28 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,088,082 times
Quote:
This guy gets it. I'd give you more rep but I can't.
I find it to be quite the opposite. Every case is on its own merit. There is no "score". Agendas need to be put aside. The fact is 5 girls put one boy through a living nightmare. What gets me the most is there was 5 that went along with it. That is a lot, to blatantly lie and toucher someone. Very disturbing.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I find it to be quite the opposite. Every case is on its own merit. There is no "score". Agendas need to be put aside. The fact is 5 girls put one boy through a living nightmare. What gets me the most is there was 5 that went along with it. That is a lot, to blatantly lie and toucher someone. Very disturbing.

I agree that every case needs to be looked at by the issues in that case, but the whole whoopla over men needing to be afraid or people need to be worried for their sons is BS. If we are looking at it on a case by case basis, then they only need to be afraid if they are around these five girls.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:39 PM

14,200 posts, read 22,839,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I can tell you that in my local courtroom, nearly 100% of contested divorces include accusations of abuse against men. It would be foolish- and even dangerous- to assume that all but a small percentage of these accusations have merit. As a survivor of a contested divorce, and as a prison ministry volunteer, i can tell you that the percentage of false allegations out there is MUCH higher than the general public realizes.

This issue is a nationwide epidemic. Big changes need to be made, and very soon, before this issue tears our once great nation apart.
Nobody will believe you because we put women and other "protected classes" on pedestals, where even wrongdoing by them is excused and rationalized. We pretend that only men can be sexually immature and irresponsible the same way we pretend that only white people can be racist. It's 24-karat bull****.

As for actual rape, if a man tries to rape you, you know what you do? Shoot him. "bUt gUnS aRe BaD!" No, guns are good. Shoot him. I've seen a water buffalo kill a lion with its horns. I've seen a tiger have to walk away from a porcupine with erect quills. The predator doesn't always win, especially when the prey is armed. Show me a convenience store where a clerk shot an armed robber, and I'll show you a convenience store that nobody's tried to rob since. Getting shot during the process of violent criminal behavior has a nice chilling effect on said behavior. I guarantee you that'll work a lot better than browbeating a bunch of men whose worst sin is staring at **** and ass for longer than a second and a half.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Nobody will believe you because we put women and other "protected classes" on pedestals, where even wrongdoing by them is excused and rationalized. We pretend that only men can be sexually immature and irresponsible the same way we pretend that only white people can be racist. It's 24-karat bull****.

As for actual rape, if a man tries to rape you, you know what you do? Shoot him. "bUt gUnS aRe BaD!" No, guns are good. Shoot him. I've seen a water buffalo kill a lion with its horns. I've seen a tiger have to walk away from a porcupine with erect quills. The predator doesn't always win, especially when the prey is armed. Show me a convenience store where a clerk shot an armed robber, and I'll show you a convenience store that nobody's tried to rob since. Getting shot during the process of violent criminal behavior has a nice chilling effect on said behavior. I guarantee you that'll work a lot better than browbeating a bunch of men whose worst sin is staring at **** and ass for longer than a second and a half.

Ah, I never thought of arming young girls and directing them to kill someone as a means of correcting the bad behavior of someone else. Makes sense, but since we cant logically arm a 5 year old girl, perhaps we should just take them out of view until they are old enough to weaponize and then everything will work out.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:52 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,088,082 times
What is sad is how many agendas are being launched on a thread that is about a kid thrown in juvie because of 5 girl’s hatred towards him. Not the intent of the thread, but to warn people this is going on. We do need to know about this stuff even though is hasn’t really been reported much at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh