Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

A good video that explains in simpler terms what happens to you if you are infected with the Covid-19. The video is kind of long but the body is a complicated system, the video is worth watching / educating yourself

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 09:08 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
I think I would need to smoke a lot of dope to watch a video that wants to tell you how a virus affects you. Seriously a lot of people will get this virus and not be affected at all. Whatever though, carry on with whatever this is. I can't be bothered.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:38 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,133,422 times
Yeah it effects people very differently. There is no one answer for all but good if you are just trying to scare people

Old 04-01-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Yeah it effects people very differently. There is no one answer for all but good if you are just trying to scare people
Ok, you are one of those "it happens to the other guy" and I'll bet the other guy who just died thought "it happens to the other guy".

Why would I be trying to "JUST" scare people? I'm a respiratory therapist and I've seen people this sick and you don't want to go there. Young, old, you may or may not survive. No one should remain ignorant when you could be "just" a carrier while you are passing the joy around to others who could die.

So yes, you should watch the video and understand what is going on. Or you can remain ignorant and potentially be passing it around.

Last edited by petch751; 04-01-2020 at 08:06 AM..

Old 04-01-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
How do you feel about the days when people with AIDS passed it on to others, sometimes knowingly other times not?

Yes it effects people differently but it's always good to be educated. If you are not taking COVID-19 seriously then maybe you should watch the video, if not for you but to help you understand that you may be asymptomatic but could be contributing to the problem and really harming others.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think I would need to smoke a lot of dope to watch a video that wants to tell you how a virus affects you. Seriously a lot of people will get this virus and not be affected at all. Whatever though, carry on with whatever this is.

I can't be bothered.
So who are you,

- negative for COVID-19,
- an asymptomatic COVID-19 carrier who is passing death out to loved ones and strangers,
- or have COVID-19 who is fighting for your life.

Do you really know?

By the way, if you get COVID-19 that progresses into pneumonia, death will seem kind. If your pneumonia progresses into ARDS (Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome)... no, I doubt they can save you. If you are not a gonner at this point, next is sepsis and you are a gonner!

I've seen and worked with people who have pneumonia and fighting for their lives ... young, old, middle age, male, female, white, black, you should be bothered and stay in.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:41 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,133,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok, you are one of those "it happens to the other guy" and I'll bet the other guy who just died thought "it happens to the other guy".

Why would I be trying to "JUST" scare people? I'm a respiratory therapist and I've seen people this sick and you don't want to go there. Young, old, you may or may not survive. No one should remain ignorant when you could be "just" a carrier while you are passing the joy around to others who could die.

So yes, you should watch the video and understand what is going on. Or you can remain ignorant and potentially be passing it around.

And the simple facts presented by many many experts and doctors have said the vast majority of people this will be a bad flu and you recover with no hospitalization needed. Most (maybe all but I've yet to see exact stats to say that) that have died or even needed hospitalization are characterized as high risk.

Am I the "It happens to the other guy" Guy? Yes, I know I am not in a high risk category nor is any of my family except my mother. As such we take special precautions for her. She is who needs to be protected, she is who needs to see those videos to understand that the rules are in place for a reason. If you are at risk you should take extra precautions just like they should every other day of their lives even after this disease is dormant (hopefully) until the next season.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:10 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
...but good if you are just trying to scare people
Why is it good? There are a heck of a lot of people working while this is going on. Mechanics, pharmacy workers, grocers, police, fire, medical and many others. Do you feel it is healthy for them to get even more anxious? I certainly don't. I think scaring people isn't smart at all. Educating them is a better idea.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Why is it good? There are a heck of a lot of people working while this is going on. Mechanics, pharmacy workers, grocers, police, fire, medical and many others. Do you feel it is healthy for them to get even more anxious? I certainly don't. I think scaring people isn't smart at all. Educating them is a better idea.
Educating was the intent of my posting the video but that was viewed as trying to scare.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:44 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
I'm just not understanding what the point is in regards to sharing this video.

I mean I can see why you'd post a video of someone's black lungs to try to deter people from smoking (lifestyle choice).

I can see why you'd post a video of someone's congested arteries to try to encourage people to eat better (lifestyle choice).

Getting COVID-19 isn't a lifestyle choice, though. If someone gets this it's generally through no fault of their own, so I don't understand what "educational" purpose this video is supposed to serve other than to stoke more fear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: