Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 06:34 AM

882 posts, read 337,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This is a response I see from most everyone these days. Can't anyone see beyond themselves ever?

Tell me about it. Just like all the anti-vax and anti-mask morons. Only thinking of themselves, never others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 08:08 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,045,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Just like all the anti-vax and anti-mask morons. Only thinking of themselves, never others.
I won't judge others if they choose not to vaccinate. I did after a long wait, but I certainly have heard good arguments against the COVID vaccines. I did what I felt is best for me and others, but I don't push my beliefs on others with calling them "morons". Again, I. tend not to bully. Guess I am anti-bully just like I was in high school. Live and let live. Shame so many have gotten so aggressive, but it is a byproduct of the internet and echo-chamber thinking.

The Internet is probably the weapon that will or might end humanity. It is sure doing a number on us, but everyone living today are lab mice wondering the outcome of this very new invention. One thing for sure now that everyone can afford a device to see the internet it is hitting poor communities the hardest with violence as the internet has a way of making people so angry. Sure are a lot of shootings. Ah well, lab rats we are, but some saw this coming a very long time ago.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:11 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,719,470 times
Quote:
Tell me about it. Just like all the anti-vax and anti-mask morons. Only thinking of themselves, never others.
Yeah right. Take an untested, unapproved vaccine that has killed close to 10,000 and injured over 100,000 (according to CDC) just to go with the flow and appease others?

That's idiotic.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Yeah right. Take an untested, unapproved vaccine that has killed close to 10,000 and injured over 100,000 (according to CDC) just to go with the flow and appease others?

That's idiotic.
Look at how people converse now. Thanks internet for creating so much anger and really just people attacking others.

Is live and let live over?

Do what is best for you. Maybe the world need a big population loss. I am not sure what the actual last year world death total is compared to an average of the past 20 years. Is 2020 it that much higher than other years on a global scale? Just in the US I believe well over 7,000 people die each day normally. We need to understand that.

I heard a young woman probably around 20 years old and she stated she didn't want to get vaccinated because she wants children and wasn't comfortable with the vaccine. Is she an idiot for that belief?

Ah well, my style ended years ago. I am trying to get back to my very old ways as it was better than my outlook became. Once the poorer set had access to the internet, I think it really changed things. The amount of anger in people is pretty amazing. Hard to believe when I was riding my bike decades ago and saw people driving their cars, they looked happy. Today they look wildly angry and aggressive. Times sure changed after internet access for all. Probably not the brightest idea, but no going back now. Good luck.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I won't judge others if they choose not to vaccinate. I did after a long wait, but I certainly have heard good arguments against the COVID vaccines. I did what I felt is best for me and others, but I don't push my beliefs on others with calling them "morons". Again, I. tend not to bully. Guess I am anti-bully just like I was in high school. Live and let live. Shame so many have gotten so aggressive, but it is a byproduct of the internet and echo-chamber thinking.

The Internet is probably the weapon that will or might end humanity. It is sure doing a number on us, but everyone living today are lab mice wondering the outcome of this very new invention. One thing for sure now that everyone can afford a device to see the internet it is hitting poor communities the hardest with violence as the internet has a way of making people so angry. Sure are a lot of shootings. Ah well, lab rats we are, but some saw this coming a very long time ago.

Ah ok...so double standard then? Got it.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Ah ok...so double standard then? Got it.
You would attack me regardless. That is why I had you on ignore. I don’t think dialogue with you would bear much fruit. Good luck in your endeavors.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Look at how people converse now. Thanks internet for creating so much anger and really just people attacking others.

Is live and let live over?

Do what is best for you. Maybe the world need a big population loss. I am not sure what the actual last year world death total is compared to an average of the past 20 years. Is 2020 it that much higher than other years on a global scale? Just in the US I believe well over 7,000 people die each day normally. We need to understand that.

I heard a young woman probably around 20 years old and she stated she didn't want to get vaccinated because she wants children and wasn't comfortable with the vaccine. Is she an idiot for that belief?

Ah well, my style ended years ago. I am trying to get back to my very old ways as it was better than my outlook became. Once the poorer set had access to the internet, I think it really changed things. The amount of anger in people is pretty amazing. Hard to believe when I was riding my bike decades ago and saw people driving their cars, they looked happy. Today they look wildly angry and aggressive. Times sure changed after internet access for all. Probably not the brightest idea, but no going back now. Good luck.

I mean, you're the one that said it

Quote:
This is a response I see from most everyone these days. Can't anyone see beyond themselves ever?

I'm just saying, I agree with you lamenting the narcissistic tendencies of today. That you can't see the anti-vax crowd is part of that tells me that you belong in that group as well. "Only if it effects me personally do I care". It's a sad fact of life today.

As for you callously stating "Maybe the world needs a big population loss"only speaks to the despicable void of morality that exists in the soul of a person who has the luxury of not having personally lost anybody from this now almost wholly preventable disease.

That comment sickens me, and I wonder what your attitude would be if you happen to lose someone close to you and another fellow human simply shrugs his shoulders at your loss and says "meh...too many people on earth anyway...you took one for the team". Perhaps you should do your part?

Old 07-23-2021, 11:41 AM

807 posts, read 619,506 times
Yea, PghPatriot -- your comments are a little too on the nose for me sometimes, kinda got to referring to you as PGHPatronizer, but I'm with you on GG's crazy comment. That said, I am beginning to think he may be Thanos, or perhaps the leader of the Army of the 12 Monkeys.

Last edited by Doowlle34; 07-23-2021 at 12:11 PM..

Old 07-23-2021, 02:25 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,867,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post

That's idiotic.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7587577002/

Old 07-23-2021, 02:27 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,719,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
USA Today? Really. The major of mainstream media gets 90% of their advertising revenue from drug and vaccine companies via ads. "Ask your doctor". You really think they'll report anything negative about them? Highly doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh