Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 02:47 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,088,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
I mean, you're the one that said it

I'm just saying, I agree with you lamenting the narcissistic tendencies of today. That you can't see the anti-vax crowd is part of that tells me that you belong in that group as well. "Only if it effects me personally do I care". It's a sad fact of life today.

As for you callously stating "Maybe the world needs a big population loss"only speaks to the despicable void of morality that exists in the soul of a person who has the luxury of not having personally lost anybody from this now almost wholly preventable disease.

That comment sickens me, and I wonder what your attitude would be if you happen to lose someone close to you and another fellow human simply shrugs his shoulders at your loss and says "meh...too many people on earth anyway...you took one for the team". Perhaps you should do your part?
Maybe I think about all living creatures on earth as a collective.

Ah enjoy your day. You don’t understand someone like me. I look out for all creatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 02:49 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,873,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
USA Today? Really. The major of mainstream media gets 90% of their advertising revenue from drug and vaccine companies via ads. "Ask your doctor". You really think they'll report anything negative about them? Highly doubt it.
There are many other sources as well and the fact remains that the CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting (VAERS) data is severely flawed since it is self-reported and not verified.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...isinformation/

Old 07-24-2021, 10:31 AM

15 posts, read 14,224 times
Default Lazy whiners

I didn't hear about one person or group supporting Chick-fil-A. Also, franchisees have a MAJOR effect on what corporate does! Calls and payment slowdowns go a LONG way. No franchise wants a image of making it hard to make sales! So when you are yammering about how bad it is for an another group to make a decision, talk to that group.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:16 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,083,081 times
tried again today at the new store in Fox Chapel Plaza...they had people taking orders from the cars in the drive-thru well before the driver arrives at the menu board.

but if i had been to chik-fil-a ONCE, and that was like 10 years ago, i dont know what to order. i need a menu! that is such pressure! i cant tell the order taker kid with the pen what i want because i DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE!

so i drove away, to be denied yet again. this disservice to me is way worse than their support of so-called anti-lgbtq, in my view.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:39 PM

Get a chicken sandwich and waffle fries. I get mayo because it needs it.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlsrchrdsn View Post
I didn't hear about one person or group supporting Chick-fil-A. Also, franchisees have a MAJOR effect on what corporate does! Calls and payment slowdowns go a LONG way. No franchise wants a image of making it hard to make sales! So when you are yammering about how bad it is for an another group to make a decision, talk to that group.
Probably no one cares enough to bother. I could care less, but thought it should be noted to the accumulation of bullying.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:26 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,700,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
yeah, i just don't get the allure of Chik-fil-A. But then, I hadn't tried it in maybe 8 years at this point. Every attempt ("Oh, there's one in that strip mall....let me grab something...") is met with failure since I just don't think waiting in a line of cars, wasting gasoline, is ever worth it for fattening, unhealthy food (by comparison to a home made meal) . if anything, that is the worst of America - and I stick up for A
America.
Probably the best fast food joint I’ve eaten at is Culver’s. There aren’t any around here but that is probably the Ruth’s Chris of fast food.

It’s still funny this thread is going on and on about a place that serves cheap artery clogging sup par food and a local sports team that most people don’t realize or care it exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This is a response I see from most everyone these days. Can't anyone see beyond themselves ever?

What about the people that worked at the Chick fil A at the stadium? F'm, it ain't me!

My point is simple. When do people start standing up to these minority interests that are very uneducated to say the least.

At the end of the day, I don't care, but I don't like people being bullied. Never did. I am a VERY big man and I was a VERY big boy in school at all grades. I certainly didn't get picked on by classmates and I also prevented bullying by some classmates as they were a-holes. I guess I haven't change in that regard and I am proud of it. At some point bullies need to get taken down a few pegs.

Enjoy the night. I know I will.
I hear restaurants all around the area are struggling to find workers. How many games are played at that stadium a year?

Who is getting bullied?

Old 07-24-2021, 06:02 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,418,434 times
During ww2 Volkswagen used slave labor to build its cars and war supplies. Vw also had a concentration camp on it's grounds. I am all for LGBT rights but donating to a few Christian charities won't get you onto the top 20 worst companies list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh