Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 10:50 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,999,775 times

Advertisements

One thing about social media it gives tiny minorities a voice they really shouldn't have. How embarrassing for the Riverhounds to fall for this crap. They clearly don't like companies that treat employees well, give them Sunday's off and are happy in an industry you see about NO happiness in employees. They would rather partner with lousy companies that treat employees like dirt.

Also, Chick-fil-A changed their giving practices three years ago to make sure they weren't giving to religious organizations that believe partnerships should only be men and women. So a few charities they funded many years ago weren't up to code these days. Goodness, they fixed it already.

Such odd times with social media and these small groups running around yelling at the top of their lungs, but it did in fact work. I don't really think Chick-fil-A will care as it was an expense and Chick-fil-A doesn't need to advertise as they can't open stores fast enough as they are so busy, it is hard to grab a chicken sandwich there with a side of waffle fries.

https://www.wpxi.com/sports/riverhou...JXC5YGC7UZN6U/

At least I am not a fan of the Riverhounds and now I won't become one if they are catering to these snowflake types. No more chicken sandwiches for you, fans! ha, ha. Maybe when the real fans see they can't get one they will be pissed off and complain as a majority. Judging by the lines at Chick-fil-As this small upset group is wildly outnumbered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 10:59 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,133,747 times
Not to mention that most stores are franchises and many local owners. They have little to no control over what the corp actual does. People like to react but don't like to take time to do their own research on the facts.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:31 AM

1,411 posts, read 566,890 times
If the Riverhounds were playing in my back yard, I'd close the blinds.
Yet another example of gutless, cowardly organizations capitulating to a loud & obnoxious minority.
These screeching, vile LGBTQLSMFTAARPSTP......zealots need to be confronted and convinced to shut the hell up and cease the pathetic need for constant 24/7 validation of their lifestyle.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:43 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,060,599 times
then why go ANY fast food? look deep enough, and you might find unethical things in how McDonald's operates - do they pay their truck drivers enough? do they pay taxes in the counties from where they buy beef? did they shoo out a homeless man in a store located in Caspar, WY?

its ridiculous because if i were motivated enough to research these supposed "anti-LGBTQ" organizations, i would probably find they do not exist to BE anti-LGBTQ, but instead are likely faith-based, and so do not approve of same sex marriages.

This does not equate to 'hate', as frustrating as it might be to those who strongly feel marriage should be available to all (which I do).

People need to continually empower themselves by asserting some sort of protest.

I bet half these backlash contribute to unethical corporations, or are unethical themselves.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:44 AM

807 posts, read 617,994 times
Yea, I'd love to see a different decision here -- if only to avoid the "triggering" effect this has on some folks (see above post). Certainly "cancel culture" isn't the bugaboo that it is made out to be by the reactionary right, but there is some "there there." Why not deflate one of the (mostly) specious canards of the opposition.

On a slightly related matter, I recall going to a Riverhounds game about 5 or 6 years ago, and one of the opposing players had the misfortune of having the surname, "Dyke." Well, I seem to recall that a handful of die-hard Riverhounds supporters hurled some not very PC insults at this fellow when he was taken out in the second half.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:38 PM

611 posts, read 365,933 times
Yawn. More fake outrage.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:27 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,999,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
Yawn. More fake outrage.
But it worked. They got Chick-fil A out of the stadium. Bullying is working. You can yawn, but when will people start standing up to the few?

There is no basis for this either. The donation matter was resolved with apology years ago.

I do think the Riverhounds look silly caving to a few whinny snowflakes.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:02 PM

408 posts, read 232,611 times
I dislike it where a corporations belief structure is very anti social / religious then push that outward. These groups exercised their constitutional rights and the owners felt it was the right thing to do. Good for them.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:47 PM

807 posts, read 617,994 times
One objection here, the characterization of these views as “religious.” I refuse to cede “religion” to these folks.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:48 PM

408 posts, read 232,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
One objection here, the characterization of these views as “religious.” I refuse to cede “religion” to these folks.
The company owners came out and said as such that it goes against their Christian faith and technically speaking, the Bible provides them enough information to base it off that from the Old Testament and they never refuted it in the new. Of course I don’t want to drag this out to a religious debate, I wanted to explain myself why I made the statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh