Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2022, 09:03 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
what are the 'evils' of one that makes the other the lesser evil?
With Fetterman’s part time hours as Lt Governor and his inability to comprehend since his stroke, less Fetterman is best Fetterman so that could be less of an evil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 09:16 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,703,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Despite leaning left I am not a fan of Fetterman. I may not vote for either Oz OR Fetterman because I don't like either candidate. I don't like that his parents carried him financially WELL into adulthood (I mean early-20's is understandable as some can be late-bloomers). I also don't like how everyone says "Look what he did for Braddock." What DID he do for Braddock? Convince con artist Kevin Sousa to open another failed restaurant there? Was the lack of homicides there for several years a direct result of his leadership within the Black community in Braddock or was it coincidental because Braddock has just become so depopulated that there aren't many troublemakers left there?

On the other hand I do like Shapiro and plan to vote for him over Mastriano. All I've heard "bad" about Shapiro is "cuz Jewish", which is a bad look for Republicans. Meanwhile Mastriano terrifies the hell out of me with how militant he is about spreading conspiracy theories and overturning abortion access and same-sex marriage here in PA. I really can't believe the state thought Mastriano was the most palatable/electable candidate out of that wide GOP primary field. I realize this sub-forum has developed a right-wing bent; however, PA remains a moderate/"purple" state. Even my father, who is a Trump fan, does not like Mastriano and isn't sure if he will vote for him (albeit he won't vote for Shapiro either).
Mastriano is the Republican candidate because there were so many running in the primary, he just happen to come away with the most votes. I like his position on freedom and less government. I've met him in person - he and his wife Rebbie are delightful. He served in the military. I just think there were better candidates. He is too far Right for me, but I won't vote for lockdown Shapiro. He's insulted many Catholics many times. I think Fetterman is toast. He's just a really bad candidate. In the end, this country needs more choices and to make is easier for people from other parties to have a legit chance.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:33 AM

With Philly booing her so badly, and as the article states, gotta wonder how they feel about Fetterman
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022...n-toss-n644267

Old 10-17-2022, 09:40 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
With Philly booing her so badly, and as the article states, gotta wonder how they feel about Fetterman
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022...n-toss-n644267
I foresee Shapiro winning and Fetterman losing. With our state being so moderate it is not uncommon to have us simultaneously elect a Democrat for governor and a Republican for U.S. Senate or vice-versa. A lot of this election will come down to voter turnout (or lackthereof) in suburban Philadelphia. Shapiro is well-liked there. Can't speak for Fetterman.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I foresee Shapiro winning and Fetterman losing. With our state being so moderate it is not uncommon to have us simultaneously elect a Democrat for governor and a Republican for U.S. Senate or vice-versa. A lot of this election will come down to voter turnout (or lackthereof) in suburban Philadelphia. Shapiro is well-liked there. Can't speak for Fetterman.
I see Shapiro winning easily, and hopefully Fetterman stays where he’s at. Not only does he have a terrible resume, his inability to comprehend is ridiculous. The debate should be great entertainment, and no surprise he won’t do it until mail in voting has already started.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:48 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:

On the other hand I do like Shapiro and plan to vote for him over Mastriano. All I've heard "bad" about Shapiro is "cuz Jewish", which is a bad look for Republicans. ....
question to the republicans on this board:

has Shapiro's being Jewish been a plus, minus, or was NO CONSIDERATION AT ALL by your party?

i truly doubt this is a factor by 98% of those who are registered republicans.

More BS from the left - just say something, anything, and you deem it to be true.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
question to the republicans on this board:

has Shapiro's being Jewish been a plus, minus, or was NO CONSIDERATION AT ALL by your party?

i truly doubt this is a factor by 98% of those who are registered republicans.

More BS from the left - just say something, anything, and you deem it to be true.
No consideration for us, and no idea where that allegation came from.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:02 PM

987 posts, read 280,697 times
Quote:
On the other hand I do like Shapiro and plan to vote for him over Mastriano. All I've heard "bad" about Shapiro is "cuz Jewish", which is a bad look for Republicans. Meanwhile Mastriano terrifies the hell out of me with how militant he is about spreading conspiracy theories and overturning abortion access and same-sex marriage here in PA. I really can't believe the state thought Mastriano was the most palatable/electable candidate out of that wide GOP primary field. I realize this sub-forum has developed a right-wing bent; however, PA remains a moderate/"purple" state. Even my father, who is a Trump fan, does not like Mastriano and isn't sure if he will vote for him (albeit he won't vote for Shapiro either).
Oz is the same and likely will have more power as a senator. A non-vote is a vote for Oz, so you might as well buy your MAGA hat and wear it.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:04 PM

987 posts, read 280,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I see Shapiro winning easily, and hopefully Fetterman stays where he’s at. Not only does he have a terrible resume, his inability to comprehend is ridiculous. The debate should be great entertainment, and no surprise he won’t do it until mail in voting has already started.
Lol.

You also have a problem with the MAGA clown jewels of the GOP running away from debates?

Herschel Walker didn’t show up to his debate with Warnock tonight
Greg Abbott didn’t show up to his 2nd debate with Beto
Marco Rubio didn’t show up to his debate
JD Vance ran outta there after Ryan trounced him

Old 10-17-2022, 05:27 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,703,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Lol.

You also have a problem with the MAGA clown jewels of the GOP running away from debates?

Herschel Walker didn’t show up to his debate with Warnock tonight
Greg Abbott didn’t show up to his 2nd debate with Beto
Marco Rubio didn’t show up to his debate
JD Vance ran outta there after Ryan trounced him
Though nothing beats our "hooded hero", right? I'm anticipating a Fetterman ventriloquist dummy to show up in a couple weeks to face off against Dr. Oz. Though I doubt the debate will even go off. Fetterman's polls numbers aren't the only thing sliding these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh